Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Question AT&T bought Cricket? What do I do with my CDMA devices?

I have a bunch of CDMA Cricket devices (mostly newer models) and I've heard a rumor that AT&T bought Cricket, so in a few months these CDMA devices will no longer work. Is this true? If so, what is Cricket planning on doing with all of their existing customers who still have older CDMA devices like the Samsung Galaxy S 3, S 4, etc.? Can I unlock them for use on another carrier? Thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Pretty much all CDMA phones are going to become paperweights after March 2015. There are trade in programs for the old CDMA phones but are pretty low. The phones cannot be unlock to be used in different carriers the only carrier that I believe allows flash phones is page plus.

Well that is very inconvenient! Can they for sure be flashed to Page Plus? If I sold them on eBay and said "this phone can be flashed to page plus" I won't have any issues? The devices I am mainly talking about are Samsung Galaxy S 3, S 4, Admire 2, ZTE LTE phones. I need to find a way to get rid of them somehow, I have like 5 of each one that I mentioned.

Some can be used on Straight Talk, using the Verizon network. No 4g though. I'm not up on which models can be used.

I would really appreciate a definite answer if anyone knows what I can do with these devices. I have a little over a thousand dollars worth of devices here. Thanks.

Probably as definite as you will get. You'll have to go look at the Straight Talk site and see what you can bring as a BYOD phone. Since they will be running on the Verizon network, a clean ESN is also a must.

Quote Originally Posted by rsdin559 View Post
    Probably as definite as you will get. You'll have to go look at the Straight Talk site and see what you can bring as a BYOD phone. Since they will be running on the Verizon network, a clean ESN is also a must.
    We're not talking about Verizon devices here, they are Cricket-branded CDMA devices, so the ESN status should not matter as Cricket and Verizon's databases aren't tied together. Also, Straight Talk does not list the models that I have, so that is not a definite answer. A definite answer would be something like "They can be flashed to this carrier" or "They can be unlocked by doing this," not "It might work." There's got to be something else that you can do with these devices.
    Last edited by Jay Demera; 09-09-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Anyone else have any idea or are these forums dead now?

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Apparently no more ideas or your issue is dead.

You have all of the same resources for finding a solution for your problem as we do. If you've gone to the Straight Talk site and it told you they weren't compatible, then your options are Page-Plus, pay someone to clone your phones so they will work on Straight Talk, use Google to find other local mobile phone service providers, or sell them on e-Bay. You can't expect a definite answer when you only supply vague information about your problem. Information on local providers depends on us knowing where you are. "I have a bunch of CDMA
    Cricket

devices (mostly newer models)" doesn't tell us what phones you need information on. Don't get snarky with us because we can't discern what you are thinking, but not telling us. If you would have provided specific information, then someone with the same set of circumstances might have chimed in. Doubtful anyone will now.

How much more specific do I need to be? I've already named the devices that I have.

"The devices I am mainly talking about are
    Samsung Galaxy S 3

, S 4, Admire 2, ZTE LTE phones." is what I said.

I'm not being "snarky," I'm just tired of coming on these forums and not getting straight answers from anyone at all. This isn't my first rodeo here and honestly not sure why I even came back. I guess I was just hoping for SOMEONE to budge, but things haven't changed here I can see. Everyone here just beats around the bush. I'm sure there are some mods or even the site owner knows what can be done with these old Cricket devices, it's the matter of wanting to answer peoples' questions I think is the problem.

The way this is going I won't be getting any answers anyway so buh bye

A definite answer, you should already know, and maybe why not much response, sell them. Other than that there isn't a definite answer. If you have that many phones and probably had others you should know there basically isn't a definite answer. All phones are not alike even the same model. They have in some cases different parts depending on when they were made and different firmware version. Some things work for one version and don't for others. You were given options to look into and seemed to dismiss them and gave the impression that you wanted someone to do the work and give you the answers. If you have spent any time on forums similar to this you would know that's not appreciated wether intended or not. A simple Google search for CDMA phone providers would be a start and forums for who you find. Looking on a cricket forum for information on how to put cricket phones on other carriers won't get you much as bringing others to cricket.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Customer Since
    Feb 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by nikeconn View Post
    A definite answer, you should already know, and maybe why not much response, sell them. Other than that there isn't a definite answer. If you have that many phones and probably had others you should know there basically isn't a definite answer. All phones are not alike even the same model. They have in some cases different parts depending on when they were made and different firmware version. Some things work for one version and don't for others. You were given options to look into and seemed to dismiss them and gave the impression that you wanted someone to do the work and give you the answers. If you have spent any time on forums similar to this you would know that's not appreciated wether intended or not. A simple Google search for CDMA phone providers would be a start and forums for who you find. Looking on a cricket forum for information on how to put cricket phones on other carriers won't get you much as bringing others to cricket.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk
    Sell them my ass, when I purchased this gs4 I was promised 4glte, it's even printed on the damn phone. And now they are advertising they have gs4's that are lte compatible?? Ha, I will be walking into a cricket store here soon and they will be giving me an even trade for one that runs lte or will have a seriously bad day. I used ybuy & paid over 1100 for this peice of shit after being told it would run lte in a few months (back last november) . I want what I paid for and was promised. Sorry Cricket but there are lawsuits involved here. And they will be pursued. Or I will be refunded and go elsewhere.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Callaway1027 View Post
    Sell them my ass, when I purchased this gs4 I was promised 4glte, it's even printed on the damn phone. And now they are advertising they have gs4's that are lte compatible?? Ha, I will be walking into a cricket store here soon and they will be giving me an even trade for one that runs lte or will have a seriously bad day. I used ybuy & paid over 1100 for this peice of shit after being told it would run lte in a few months (back last november) . I want what I paid for and was promised. Sorry Cricket but there are lawsuits involved here. And they will be pursued. Or I will be refunded and go elsewhere.
    Then you will have a very bad day on that day. I can promise you, no Cricket store is going to give you a phone for phone swap as you are demanding. Before you go throwing lawsuits and such BS around, you should know, NO CARRIER in this country, no matter the size, guarantees all services in all parts of their service area. That is why the terms of service clearly dictate that not all services and coverage are available in all areas. Remember, being "told" something does not change facts or your terms of service. So, the argument "I was told or I was promised..." hold no weight unless it is in writing and signed by someone who has the authority to make those changes. And I can promise you, NO ONE in any retail has the authority to changes your terms of service.

Yes the box says 4g because in some parts of the country 4G was offered on the CDMA network. Also while you are roaming on the Sprint Network, you will have 4G so long as you are not in the local Cricket market. This is legal and ethical as the terms and conditions dictate service restrictions in parts of the country.

Yes, they have GS4 with LTE now because they are running on AT&T's GSM network and NOT the original CDMA network.

So, before you go spouting off like some drunk high idot in the store and get yourself thrown out or service canceled due to being rude, just wait a few more months and watch the deals.

I heard, on good authority, the deals for the change over are going to be really, really, sweet. No, they are not going to be free GS4's, but it is gonna be pretty close.

What I did was sold my CDMA GS4 on Craigslist and bought a used AT&T GS4. I am waiting a little while before i jump on the GS5 as I know someone who can get me one unlocked here in a few months....

So, relax a little and wait. Patience will save you lots of money and headache.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

https://www.cricketwireless.com/terms

"PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LIMIT OUR LIABILITY AND THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information