Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Tethering is not allowed on the NEW Cricket it is in the Terms and Conditions.

Prohibited Data Uses

https://www.cricketwireless.com/lega...se-policy.html

it is under the prohibited section.. and my moto g says that wifi tethering has been disabled in my rom by the carrier.
    so i used pda net

Prohibited Data Uses

Cricket's data services are not intended to be used in any manner which has any of the following effects and such use is prohibited if in Cricket's sole discretion it: (a) conflicts with applicable law; (b) hinders other customers' access to the wireless network; (c) compromises network security or capacity; (d) excessively and disproportionately contributes to network congestion; (e) adversely impacts network service levels or legitimate data flows; (f) degrades network performance; (g) causes harm to the network or other customers; (h) is resold either alone or as part of any other good or service; (i) tethers a wireless device to a computing device (such as a computer, Smartphone, eBook or eReader, media player, laptop, or other devices with similar functions) through use of connection kits, applications, devices or accessories (using wired or wireless technology) and you have not subscribed to a specific data plan designed for this purpose; (j) there is a specific data plan required for a particular use and you have not subscribed to that plan; or (k) such usage is excessive or unreasonable.

In addition to any other actions Cricket may take for violations of this AUP, if in our sole discretion we reasonably believe that you are using Cricket's data services in any manner that is prohibited, then we may without advance notice: (a) reduce your data throughput speeds; (b) restrict, interrupt or terminate any data session; (c) suspend, cancel or terminate your data services; (d) terminate your account; (e) move you to a more appropriate service plan with increased data or high speed data access allowances; and/or (f) decline to renew your wireless service.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

To me, if you burn through your data, you burn through your data.

If you want to sit there and surf at 2G, that's your problem as well. However, I don't make the rules.

Another choice would be to root the device and use wifi tether or something similar.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

most carriers have a "prohibited use" section that looks almost exactly the same. let cricketusers know how if you get tethering working

the old cricket on cdma had tethering included on the $50 i was on. So i guess what was old cricket was taken outside and shot. AIO is really the one in charge as they only wanted the cricket name and licenses. i am not rooted but i do have pda net installed with the key for premium usage. i could root but not sure if i should as i dont use it for tethering all that much just every now and then. and now i may but not sure... whats the best method...

What I don't get in this (and I do tether wifi and wired at times as I am still on the 10gb cdma plan) is how it makes points with customers to not even let their devices tether to wifi through their phones. You could say that they want their data burned up so that you would buy more or get slowed down, but wouldn't it burn up faster if you were using it tethered? You would get to the extra data selling point more quickly that way wouldn't you?

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

I was wondering why I didn't have a Tethering option in my ZTE Sonata 4G, that blows

EDIT: I barely use the 4G anyway unless I'm out and about, If I'm in my house, I just use the WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTails View Post
    I was wondering why I didn't have a Tethering option in my ZTE Sonata 4G, that blows

EDIT: I barely use the 4G anyway unless I'm out and about, If I'm in my house, I just use the WiFi
    so if i switched my iphone to new cricket, and bought an ATT unlocked LG Flex, i wouldnt have the option to make a mobile hotspot?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
    the old cricket on cdma had tethering included on the $50 i was on. So i guess what was old cricket was taken outside and shot. AIO is really the one in charge as they only wanted the cricket name and licenses. i am not rooted but i do have pda net installed with the key for premium usage. i could root but not sure if i should as i dont use it for tethering all that much just every now and then. and now i may but not sure... whats the best method...
    the more i read about their new rules, staying legacy CDMA till its shut down sounds like the best option.
    wifi hotspot
    lifeline credit
    dont have to trade in my 500$ phone for 150$ credit.
    i wont have to pay the 50$ to switch to new cricket...

no wifi hotspot = dealbreaker imo.

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

if you do get TETHER TO WORK........ and you start to use more then a Normal Phones web browser and use about the same as a PC then after they caught on they will TERMINATE YOUR SERVICE without notice for breaking there terms of service.

if a carrier tells you no tether and u do it any way good luck....

So no tethering for you!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    if you do get TETHER TO WORK........ and you start to use more then a Normal Phones web browser and use about the same as a PC then after they caught on they will TERMINATE YOUR SERVICE without notice for breaking there terms of service.

if a carrier tells you no tether and u do it any way good luck....
    oh look. . a whole page devoted to this very topic

tl:dr "Cricket may suspend or terminate the wireless service of any User which Cricket in its sole discretion and judgment reasonably believes to have violated any part of this AUP. "

So no tethering for you!
    but if you get it working. . let me know how!

You can use pda net and use a USB cable

Customer Since
    Feb 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

An app called Easy Tether works!

I would not go hog crazy with tethering

Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    oh look. . a whole page devoted to this very topic

tl:dr "Cricket may suspend or terminate the wireless service of any User which Cricket in its sole discretion and judgment reasonably believes to have violated any part of this AUP. "

but if you get it working. . let me know how!
    YUP..... please please take the time to read people
    Yup this pretty much sums it up! to what everyone said No Tether for you, termination of account!

lol

sticker-375x360.png

Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

I would not go hog crazy with tethering

i really dont think it will matter giving the fact that Mobile usees less data & pc will use lots of data when just opening 1 site or downloading 1 app.

its all about the speed and access rate..... they will caught you if you try to download more then 25MB at a time... but if u ask me..... im sure u can get away with it.... just dont Tether Netflix or over 50mb under 5 minutes at a time.
    Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 06-03-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information