Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    <begin rant>
    Why does everyone complain because a company is trying to make money? Profit is not a dirty word people!
    Even if you could get the $129.99 as and upgrade online youre still gonna pay the esn change fee in a store. Online they don't do the esn change for you. They just send you the phone. So your saving the $20 and the tax. If that little money is a deal breaker for you, you probably can't afford to upgrade your phone. Not making a judgement here, I just see this crap all day.
    Why don't you go into a store and see if they will take your old phone on trade? Maybe you can get it even cheaper than the online price that way. I do that sort of thing in my store all the time.

Yes its monthly. That means you have a bill due EVERY month. Same day every month. Even if you pay it late. Cricket does not prorate service even if you pay it late. It's not prepaid service, it's pay in advance. Prepaid has a floating date based on when you pay. Cricket doesn't. That's why you are given paperwork with a due date on it. If it was prepaid, you wouldn't get that due date. The fact that you can log in to your account and don't know this is incredible.

I'm sorry for the rant people , but I just get tired of the complaining. There are lot's of choices out there. No one here said Cricket is the best. Hell I tell people daily that there is no 'best' wireless company. I say all wireless companies suck, you have to find the one that sucks the least for you.
    Thanked for this post.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

I find it so amusing in here that some people in here who work for Cricket just hate the fact so many of us cell phone users complain in here about Cricket wireless being a rip off, or the insurance plan being a joke. For those who work for Cricket, you guys do a great job at what you do, but lets face the facts here, Cricket Wireless is slowly going down hill. For as long as I have been with Cricket, I was happy up in till these last four months. My credit card was charged four times in one month now of $55 dollars, and in each case I had to dispute the charges and Cricket Wireless's billing department refused to pay back the money. My card member service I bank with took these people to court now for the forth time to re coop the money from Cricket.

Also, Cricket in these four months has lied to my credit card service that I have pre-paid phone and bought those minutes and they are non-refundable, Excuse me for a moment! I have the $55 dollar a month plan and the $5 dollar insurance plan, and Cricket gets off lieing to my credit card service that I have a pay as you go phone. I have to fax a copy of my bill to my credit card service proof I was not on a pay as you go phone. Now for the fourth time I went through this with Cricket and now not only has it lowered my credit score a few 100 points, but now I cant even get a load from a bank! thank you Cricket.

Next thing that pisses me off about Cricket's billing dept, in the last two months from today, Cricket decided they're no longer going to take my credit card, personal check, and debit card. I have to go into a Cricket store and pay cash. So, why am I being targeted? It's harassment because I blew the whistle on Cricket being a fraud.

While all this is going on, My rebate check never got here. I was ripped off there. So I wrote a letter to the BBB and took action. A few weeks later, I get my rebate card with a letter saying I am being terminated at the end of this month. So I figure my phone is good for awhile and now I find out my phone is service code locked. So it's a trip back to Cricket and I get the run around and told they cant help me. I later found out they couldn't wait to get rid of me so they killed my server.

In all these last four months, I was UNABLE to reach anyone at 1-800-CRICKET, their automated phone service loops back to the main menu saying all reps are busy helping other people. Yeah right, at 11:22PM at night on a weekday. This was going on for months. No one answers the phone anymore unless you lie to the computer and tell it your activating a phone. I pissed a few reps doing that.

Another thing, for those of you who hate hearing us little people complaining about Crickets phone insurance coverage, get use to it. It sucks. that's right I said sucks. I was on it and my phone stopped working two days after I bought it retail for $199 dollars. Cricket store up here where I live tells me o.k., for $85 dollars we can give a refurbished phone! (:O) excuse me, but I just bought the phone two days ago and now you want to give me a junker for $85 bucks more. You freaken crazy dude.

I was able to get a new one after raising my voice a few times. Then one day my wife drops her phone on the carpet and the screen cracked. So, me and her take the phone in to a Cricket store and we're told the insurance plan does not cover cracked screens that we would have to buy a new phone. EXCUSE ME, but what happen to the $85 dollar deductible. I was willing to pay for a used phone, but No, that wont do.

Then after my wife gets a new phone we told the Cricket reps we do not want the insurance coverage. What do these people do, add it to both our account after I said not to. As of this month I said to myself and my wife, that this is it, Were done with Cricket. I'm sick of the lack of tech support or even trying to reach someone on the phone, I'm 100% sick and tired of never being able to reach anyone at a Cricket store, unless you drive to one. I'm also sick and tired of leaving voice messages and no one even calls us back.

You guys who work for Cricket, get a clue and start addressing these complaints to corp office. I'm not the only one here having problems. This is why I'm going over to Virgin mobile and my wife and kids are tired of Cricket too and they are switching over. And if anyone reading this don't like too, tough.

Cricket needs to get their head out of there you know whats and start addressing this problem or Cricket is going to lose even more cell phone users. I'm done with Cricket, including my wife and kids. I'm done, it's over, peace.
    Last edited by Hexley; 08-06-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    I find it so amusing in here that some people in here who work for Cricket just hate the fact so many of us cell phone users complain in here about Cricket wireless being a rip off, or the insurance plan being a joke. For those who work for Cricket, you guys do a great job at what you do, but lets face the facts here, Cricket Wireless is slowly going down hill. For as long as I have been with Cricket, I was happy up in till these last four months. My credit card was charged four times in one month now of $55 dollars, and in each case I had to dispute the charges and Cricket Wireless's billing department refused to pay back the money. My card member service I bank with took these people to court now for the forth time to re coop the money from Cricket.

Also, Cricket in these four months has lied to my credit card service that I have pre-paid phone and bought those minutes and they are non-refundable, Excuse me for a moment! I have the $55 dollar a month plan and the $5 dollar insurance plan, and Cricket gets off lieing to my credit card service that I have a pay as you go phone. I have to fax a copy of my bill to my credit card service proof I was not on a pay as you go phone. Now for the fourth time I went through this with Cricket and now not only has it lowered my credit score a few 100 points, but now I cant even get a load from a bank! thank you Cricket.

Next thing that pisses me off about Cricket's billing dept, in the last two months from today, Cricket decided they're no longer going to take my credit card, personal check, and debit card. I have to go into a Cricket store and pay cash. So, why am I being targeted? It's harassment because I blew the whistle on Cricket being a fraud.

While all this is going on, My rebate check never got here. I was ripped off there. So I wrote a letter to the BBB and took action. A few weeks later, I get my rebate card with a letter saying I am being terminated at the end of this month. So I figure my phone is good for awhile and now I find out my phone is service code locked. So it's a trip back to Cricket and I get the run around and told they cant help me. I later found out they couldn't wait to get rid of me so they killed my server.

In all these last four months, I was UNABLE to reach anyone at 1-800-CRICKET, their automated phone service loops back to the main menu saying all reps are busy helping other people. Yeah right, at 11:22PM at night on a weekday. This was going on for months. No one answers the phone anymore unless you lie to the computer and tell it your activating a phone. I pissed a few reps doing that.

Another thing, for those of you who hate hearing us little people complaining about Crickets phone insurance coverage, get use to it. It sucks. that's right I said sucks. I was on it and my phone stopped working two days after I bought it retail for $199 dollars. Cricket store up here where I live tells me o.k., for $85 dollars we can give a refurbished phone! (:O) excuse me, but I just bought the phone two days ago and now you want to give me a junker for $85 bucks more. You freaken crazy dude.

I was able to get a new one after raising my voice a few times. Then one day my wife drops her phone on the carpet and the screen cracked. So, me and her take the phone in to a Cricket store and we're told the insurance plan does not cover cracked screens that we would have to buy a new phone. EXCUSE ME, but what happen to the $85 dollar deductible. I was willing to pay for a used phone, but No, that wont do.

Then after my wife gets a new phone we told the Cricket reps we do not want the insurance coverage. What do these people do, add it to both our account after I said not to. As of this month I said to myself and my wife, that this is it, Were done with Cricket. I'm sick of the lack of tech support or even trying to reach someone on the phone, I'm 100% sick and tired of never being able to reach anyone at a Cricket store, unless you drive to one. I'm also sick and tired of leaving voice messages and no one even calls us back.

You guys who work for Cricket, get a clue and start addressing these complaints to corp office. I'm not the only one here having problems. This is why I'm going over to Virgin mobile and my wife and kids are tired of Cricket too and they are switching over. And if anyone reading this don't like too, tough.

Cricket needs to get their head out of there you know whats and start addressing this problem or Cricket is going to lose even more cell phone users. I'm done with Cricket, including my wife and kids. I'm done, it's over, peace.
    It's sad that you need to go to the BBB to get things done.

I agree, insurance isn't a good deal. I think the deductible should change over time. If the phone's sale price is $199, keep the deductible the same, but if it goes down to $99 because they're trying to get rid of it, why still charge a $85 deductible? That's a waste. I suggested it to Cricket a while ago but they didn't do anything.

You expect them to answer the phone when you call 1-800-CRICKET? You've called to many times! They've banned you from customer service. You can't call anymore. I don't know how long the ban will last. You expect them to call you back? They've been telling people they'd get a call back for years now, and it almost never happens. They even told me they would call me back, and they never did.

Their support is just horrible. Virgin Mobile's support is much better, so I think you will be happy there.

Cricket's service is great, and I am really happy to be a Cricket customer, but they really need to work on their customer service.

I've defended this company a lot, but when it comes to their support, that's where I stop. You need a GOOD authorized dealer or a GOOD corporate store rep to get things done. We should be thankful we have Woof here. Woof seems to know what they're talking about. Better make sure nobody gets your number or you'll be on the phone non-stop from people trying to get things done right.

Hexley, about your cracked screen. I thought they were covered too.. Did you need to pay full price for your phone? If so, I think they owe you.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    It's sad that you need to go to the BBB to get things done.

I agree, insurance isn't a good deal. I think the deductible should change over time. If the phone's sale price is $199, keep the deductible the same, but if it goes down to $99 because they're trying to get rid of it, why still charge a $85 deductible? That's a waste. I suggested it to Cricket a while ago but they didn't do anything.

You expect them to answer the phone when you call 1-800-CRICKET? You've called to many times! They've banned you from customer service. You can't call anymore. I don't know how long the ban will last. You expect them to call you back? They've been telling people they'd get a call back for years now, and it almost never happens. They even told me they would call me back, and they never did.

Their support is just horrible. Virgin Mobile's support is much better, so I think you will be happy there.

Cricket's service is great, and I am really happy to be a Cricket customer, but they really need to work on their customer service.

I've defended this company a lot, but when it comes to their support, that's where I stop. You need a GOOD authorized dealer or a GOOD corporate store rep to get things done. We should be thankful we have Woof here. Woof seems to know what they're talking about. Better make sure nobody gets your number or you'll be on the phone non-stop from people trying to get things done right.

Hexley, about your cracked screen. I thought they were covered too.. Did you need to pay full price for your phone? If so, I think they owe you.
    I had to pay full price, but at the time the LG Optimus C went down in price to $99 dollars. The store manager wanted to charge me retail of $199 and I said that it is false advertising. So he sold me a phone for the advertised cost. As far as being banned from tech support, if this is true, that is considered targeted harassment when you did nothing but address an issue with the phone or service, meaning unable to connect.

I have enough documentation to use against Cricket in a court of law. So at this time I am talking with a lawyer about getting advice on what to do. In all my years with a cell phone provider, I have never been through this till I signed up with Cricket wireless and disputed a bill, which by the way I was in my legal right too.
    Last edited by Hexley; 08-06-2011 at 01:44 PM.

I had to pay full price, but at the time the LG Optimus C went down in price to $99 dollars. The store manager wanted to charge me retail of $199 and I said that it is false advertising. So he sold me a phone for the advertised cost. As far as being banned from tech support, if this is true, that is considered targeted harassment when you did nothing but address an issue with the phone or service, meaning unable to connect.

I have enough documentation to use against Cricket in a court of law. So at this time I am talking with a lawyer about getting advice on what to do. In all my years with a cell phone provider, I have never been through this till I signed up with Cricket wireless and disputed a bill, which by the way I was in my legal right too.
    From what I've heard, they do ban people. You should have seen Sprint. They sent out a letter terminating people, free of charge, if they called customer service too much.

Please keep us up to date.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I honestly don't understand some people.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    From what I've heard, they do ban people. You should have seen Sprint. They sent out a letter terminating people, free of charge, if they called customer service too much.

Please keep us up to date.
    Then, what the heck do you do if you have a legit reason to call because of billing issues gone wrong. You get banned? Makes you want to just boycott all the cell phone companies.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by nightfly View Post
    I actually agree with you. Ultimately if you are not happy with you service you are free to change. That is the whole beauty of prepaids like Cricket.

I figured with a forum like this there were likely to be people who upgrade thier phones often and was wondering if there were any tricks for existing customers to get upgrade at the low price online (which I was able to do in the past, no charge for esn, but no longer). Looks l can see if a store might have any flexibly.

Thanks for all the responses.
    Sorry there aren't really any tricks to get the online price. Some dealers tho (me, sometimes) will match the online price just to get your business. The esn thing is pretty much a given though.
    Consider becoming a supporting member for $12.99 and you can get plenty of free esn changes. 2 a month for a year if you need em. Plus the other bennies of course. Of course you can no longer buy the phone at a store and activate it somewhere else so that sucks.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I honestly don't understand some people.
    No kidding.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Then, what the heck do you do if you have a legit reason to call because of billing issues gone wrong. You get banned? Makes you want to just boycott all the cell phone companies.
    There really isn't anything you can do. It's just like if you do Bridge-Pay. You can't get customer service. You need to go to the store.

Sorry there aren't really any tricks to get the online price. Some dealers tho (me, sometimes) will match the online price just to get your business. The esn thing is pretty much a given though.
    Consider becoming a supporting member for $12.99 and you can get plenty of free esn changes. 2 a month for a year if you need em. Plus the other bennies of course. Of course you can no longer buy the phone at a store and activate it somewhere else so that sucks.
    I ended up getting the phone at the store. Though they wouldn't honor the online price of 129, they did waive the ESN change fee. Very nice rep, and nice to see they have some power to negotiate. It was a corporate store. I've learned never to call customer service and never go into the store on a weekday evening (long waits). Been much happier since then.

Thanks for the suggestion!

The 2 is a pretty nice improvement over the first ascend.
    Last edited by nightfly; 08-06-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by nightfly View Post
    I ended up getting the phone at the store. Though they wouldn't honor the online price of 129, they did waive the ESN change fee. Very nice rep, and nice to see they have some power to negotiate. It was a corporate store. I've learned never to call customer service and never go into the store on a weekday evening (long waits). Been much happier since then.

Thanks for the suggestion!

The 2 is a pretty nice improvement over the first ascend.
    Glad to hear you like it. I think the 2 is the sexiest phone in our line up at the moment. That sounds weird tho.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Hexley I am truly sorry that your credit card payment got screwed up. It happened to alot of folks as a result to the switch to a new billing system. It pisses me off too, but no system is perfect. Is that three dollar fee REALLY that big of a deal once in awhile? The in store payment applies to your account instantly. To me thats worth the 3 bucks. Of course thats 36 a year so it could affect someones lifestyle. <heavy sarcasm>

Insurance is a good value. I've explained this before. Funny how folks gut hung up on refurbs. I encourage anyone to be able to tell the difference side by side. The refurb is still insurable and comes with a warranty so.... If you take care of your stuff.... Had the same pair of sunglasses for 4 years now. Same phone for over a year. Both still look new. FYI, ALL the carriers use refurbs for warranty/insurance. All of them.

The phone system at Cricket is alleged to allow a customer so many calls to support in a months time, and once you reach that limit, it basically feeds you to the autosystem and not a live person. I don't know the number of calls or if it's actually true. I never call customer service. If the issue is so great and so pressing I fail to understand why people want to call and talk to a rep thats clearly overseas, has limited english, works from a script and has limited power to help you. Fact is they are just a tiny bit more powerful than a dealer. Why put your self through that? The solution is to go to a corporate store and politely ask for a manager and don't leave until your issue is resolved. They have way more power and they speak the language and can't hang up on you. But I guess some folks just feel like they shouldnt have to go to a store and the phone reps should just be able to handle it.

I had to pay full price, but at the time the LG Optimus C went down in price to $99 dollars. The store manager wanted to charge me retail of $199 and I said that it is false advertising. So he sold me a phone for the advertised cost.
    Obviously a dealer. Corp stores the price is automatic in the system.

As far as being banned from tech support, if this is true, that is considered targeted harassment when you did nothing but address an issue with the phone or service, meaning unable to connect.
    Targeted harassment? LOL, no it's a cost saving measure. It costs money every time you call. It ties up the line for others as well. Thats why they have stores. Harassment. Cmon.

So you have the money for a lawyer, but you won't pay the $3 in store payment fee. Dude are you serious?

In closing, we get you don't like Cricket any more. Why are you still with them if they are so bad? No disrespect but cut the cord and go to another carrier already. The constant negativity is bringing us down. Life is too short to put yourself (and us) through this.

Hexley I am not going to respond to you any more unless you have a legitimate need for help. Your just trolling at this point IMO.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Hexley I am truly sorry that your credit card payment got screwed up. It happened to alot of folks as a result to the switch to a new billing system. It pisses me off too, but no system is perfect. Is that three dollar fee REALLY that big of a deal once in awhile? The in store payment applies to your account instantly. To me thats worth the 3 bucks. Of course thats 36 a year so it could affect someones lifestyle. <heavy sarcasm>

Insurance is a good value. I've explained this before. Funny how folks gut hung up on refurbs. I encourage anyone to be able to tell the difference side by side. The refurb is still insurable and comes with a warranty so.... If you take care of your stuff.... Had the same pair of sunglasses for 4 years now. Same phone for over a year. Both still look new. FYI, ALL the carriers use refurbs for warranty/insurance. All of them.

The phone system at Cricket is alleged to allow a customer so many calls to support in a months time, and once you reach that limit, it basically feeds you to the autosystem and not a live person. I don't know the number of calls or if it's actually true. I never call customer service. If the issue is so great and so pressing I fail to understand why people want to call and talk to a rep thats clearly overseas, has limited english, works from a script and has limited power to help you. Fact is they are just a tiny bit more powerful than a dealer. Why put your self through that? The solution is to go to a corporate store and politely ask for a manager and don't leave until your issue is resolved. They have way more power and they speak the language and can't hang up on you. But I guess some folks just feel like they shouldnt have to go to a store and the phone reps should just be able to handle it.

Targeted harassment? LOL, no it's a cost saving measure. It costs money every time you call. It ties up the line for others as well. Thats why they have stores. Harassment. Cmon.

So you have the money for a lawyer, but you won't pay the $3 in store payment fee. Dude are you serious?

In closing, we get you don't like Cricket any more. Why are you still with them if they are so bad? No disrespect but cut the cord and go to another carrier already. The constant negativity is bringing us down. Life is too short to put yourself (and us) through this.

Hexley I am not going to respond to you any more unless you have a legitimate need for help. Your just trolling at this point IMO.
    First off, that is your opinion if you want to talk to me or not. Second, I have a right to express my opinion here. If you have a issue with that, then maybe I should request for the main Admin to just close my account and I shell go somewhere else where I have the right to freedom of speech.

Glad to hear you like it. I think the 2 is the sexiest phone in our line up at the moment. That sounds weird tho.
    Nothing wrong with that. Phones can be good looking. Haven't you had some inappropriate thoughts about your phone? LOL, I'm just kidding.

I refuse to pay a payment fee. If they want my money, they can take it, but I'm not going to pay more money to pay them. You're right, it adds up, and I could get a couple pizzas with that money.

Insurance doesn't seem like a good deal to me. I got my phone for $89.99, and would need to pay a $85 deductible if something went wrong. I'd also need to pay $5/month. So, I've had my phone for maybe 8 months now, so that's $40 I saved from not having insurance. Now, if I broke my phone every other day then maybe it would be worth it. Also, it might be worth it for a phone like the Indulge, but for a phone like the Ascend I don't think it's worth it.

I don't think they should ban you from customer service. What if there isn't a store around? There aren't any stores within 50 miles that I'm able to get to. There is one on the other side of the state, in Atlantic City, NJ, but I'm not going to drive two hours to go to a corporate store. Maybe I could get a ride to the one in Wilmington, but I'm not going to bother someone to go over there, especially if they can't do anything. I'm sure corporate stores can do a lot, but in my experience I was told to go there. I called instead, and when they answered they told me not to waste my time. I'm so glad they answered, especially since I hear they don't answer the phones much anymore. I guess they answered because they weren't busy. This was when Cricket was still new around here.

I agree, they're just trying to save money by not taking the call. But, it would be helpful if they'd just say that. "Thank you for calling Cricket. You're currently banned from customer service for calling too much. Please visit a corporate store or call back in ___ days.". Instead they make you think they're busy so you just keep calling back and wasting more time.

That's my opinion on everything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information