Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury!

Tips on data usage!

We all know about the unlimited service that crickets has but their are alot of Cricket customers who dont know about the 1g limit. Yes its unlimited but once u reach that limit, Cricket slows down your internet dramatically! To the point that you can't even watch a video on YouTube even if its 45 seconds long(-_-)

But their is hope my fellow cricketeers! Here I have some basic tools that I find helpful that preserve thee inevitable. Which is the wack internet usage! If you didn't know by now, Each time you upload,download and stream videos it takes from your data usage and a list of other things.

But wait theirs more(corny) I know lol...

Tip1: Wait to you exceed your data limit then start downloading and uploading using wifi.
    Why u say? Because cricket doesn't charge you when you reach your limit they just slow down your phone. But if you use wifi it doesn't matter because you will be going on your wifi speed. So when you internet freaks use up your data, have no fear WIFI IS HERE!

Tip2: If you app market freaks can't wait and you need to download angry birds as soon as you get your new android. Please make sure you uncheck the automatic update because this uses the same amount of data it took you to download it. In other words if you downloaded angry birds space which is a horrible 23.something MB(O_O) whenever they send out a update it will be another horrible 23.something MB for the update! If you follow Tip1 and wait for your usage to exceed its limit!!!! You can download and update and upload like crazy using WIFI!!!!!!!

Tip3: TURN OFF YOUR 3G WHEN YOU ARE NOT USING IT!!! Why do you let your 3g run when you are sleep????!!!! Please shut it off when not in use!!!!

LAST TIP THAT MY LIMITED BRAIN CAN THINK OF IS... have some self control and use your phone wisely and remember WIFI IS THE YOUR PHONE'S BEST FRIEND!!!!!! hoped I helped got.?. Holla at me peace out!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Great tips! Thanks for posting.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

The Mercury actually has a fancy little mode called "Power Saving Mode" where it actually turns off background data... useful when you know you'll need your phone all day.

Thread Information