Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Unable to check Data Usage History.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully respond to this post.

My wife currently has the $65/mo Android Muve Music Plan which includes the unlimited music download. Every since she bought the phone, she has not been able to check her data usage history at mycricket.com. Because Cricket begins to throttle data speeds after 1gig, she wants to know what her actual data usage is to date, but for some reason the option to check her usage is not in her account.

Any ideas why that is? Does it have something to do with her unlimited music download feature? Any help/ideas/suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again for taking time to read this and have an awesome day....or night, depending on when you read this...lol..

2. Remove this advertisement.

Muve Music downloads do not count against your data usage.

You might be interested in downloading 3G Watch Dog from the Android market. It will tell you how much data you're using on Cricket's network and on WiFi.

I'm not sure about the problem you're having with not being able to track the usage online. Hopefully somebody else can reply with more information regarding that.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Data Counter widget does the same thing. I don't think Cricket has figured out how to separate the data streams in MyAccount yet so they dont show anything.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Is the whole Muve Music plan fairly new? I just switched back to cricket and that something totally new to us. Hopefully cricket can figure out how to separate the data streams info. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Arce View Post
    Is the whole Muve Music plan fairly new? I just switched back to cricket and that something totally new to us. Hopefully cricket can figure out how to separate the data streams info. Thanks for the input.
    Yeah, I think Muve Music has been out for about a year now.

How do you like the service so far?

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, I think Muve Music has been out for about a year now.

How do you like the service so far?
    Well, my wife has the Android Muve Music plan and she just loves it. She's always listening and downloading songs on to her phone. We both have the ZTE Score (Our first Android phone) and honestly, we're pretty happy with it.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I would think that not being able to differentiate would actually be a benefit to the customer. If Cricket cant tell the difference, how would they throttle you?
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Good point. Someone recommended that I check the call log on the "Data Call Timers", but that included the "unlimited music download" times, so, how am I suppose to differentiate between the regular data usage and the music download usage. My wife is a stay at home mom and it's safe to assume she's gone well over her 1gig data usage, but her speeds haven't slowed down. I'm beginning to think that there is no difference between the Android Muve Music Plan & the Premium Broadband Plan; both for $65/mo that begin to throttle after 7.5 gigs. If that's the case, I'll pony up the extra $10 and upgrade to the Android Muve Music Plan myself!..lol..

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Muve Music downloads do not count against your data usage.

You might be interested in downloading 3G Watch Dog from the Android market. It will tell you how much data you're using on Cricket's network and on WiFi.

I'm not sure about the problem you're having with not being able to track the usage online. Hopefully somebody else can reply with more information regarding that.
    I was told by my IAM and DD that MUVE downloads now are counted against the 1GB limit when using an Android based device. The question came up during our training of the Smartphone and Android plan. The limits are not imposed on the Suede and Chorus as these are "Feature" phones and not Smartphone....

We do not even mention the 1GB limit to MUVE customers as no one has ever mentioned being slowed down from downloading too much....

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I would think that not being able to differentiate would actually be a benefit to the customer. If Cricket cant tell the difference, how would they throttle you?
    I think they can. I think they have a router that directs MUVE traffic to certain servers for download and all other traffic to where ever it belongs, just like any other DNS redirect service.... If they can redirect it, then they can track the IP of the receiver. If they can do that, and we all know they can, then count it. They just can't figure out how to display they information to the public.... And that is the crazy part!
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    I was told by my IAM and DD that MUVE downloads now are counted against the 1GB limit when using an Android based device. The question came up during our training of the Smartphone and Android plan. The limits are not imposed on the Suede and Chorus as these are "Feature" phones and not Smartphone....
    That would be pretty sh*tty if it's true.

And according to mycricket.com, regular muve phones have a 2.5gb limit.
    Cricket Data Usage Levels by Rate Plan | Cricket Wireless

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    That would be pretty sh*tty if it's true.

And according to mycricket.com, regular muve phones have a 2.5gb limit.
    Cricket Data Usage Levels by Rate Plan | Cricket Wireless

I didn't even know they capped Muve only plans.... I thought they were still truly unlimited....

*Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Well, my wife has the Android Muve Music plan and she just loves it. She's always listening and downloading songs on to her phone. We both have the ZTE Score (Our first Android phone) and honestly, we're pretty happy with it.
    I'm glad to hear you like Muve Music!

Good point. Someone recommended that I check the call log on the "Data Call Timers", but that included the "unlimited music download" times, so, how am I suppose to differentiate between the regular data usage and the music download usage. My wife is a stay at home mom and it's safe to assume she's gone well over her 1gig data usage, but her speeds haven't slowed down. I'm beginning to think that there is no difference between the Android Muve Music Plan & the Premium Broadband Plan; both for $65/mo that begin to throttle after 7.5 gigs. If that's the case, I'll pony up the extra $10 and upgrade to the Android Muve Music Plan myself!..lol..
    Do you have WiFi at home? I'm guessing you don't.

The Android Muve Music plan and Broadband plans are two different things. The Premium Broadband plan is just Internet access, not regular phone and Muve Music service.

Thread Information