Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Update from Cricket Corporate on current Cricket phones

The manager of the Cricket store got the e-mail from corporate I mentioned in an earlier post. All phones supported by Cricket at this time will not work on Cricket in 12 to 18 months. Emphasis on the period. He said that Cricket will be offering very generous trade in values to their current Cricket customers. He said that right now, if someone wanted to trade in their S4 for an iPhone 5s (yeah I know, stupid example), they would get about $380 for trade in. So the loyalty trade in would be more than that. Also, flashed phones will not be able to be used. With CDMA gone, that makes sense. I don't know about unlocked GSM phones. He also said that Cricket branded 4g LTE phones will be able to use AT&T's LTE network sometime after the end of March. I'm guessing that it's a perk to keep us from jumping ship. I'm also guessing it will require us to get a new LTE simm card from Cricket. He also said that he is going to buy the Galaxy S5 as soon as it's available for himself. He's not worried about it costing too much to switch to an AT&T phone.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    It's life, live it!
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by rsdin559 View Post
    The manager of the Cricket store got the e-mail from corporate I mentioned in an earlier post. All phones supported by Cricket at this time will not work on Cricket in 12 to 18 months. Emphasis on the period. He said that Cricket will be offering very generous trade in values to their current Cricket customers. He said that right now, if someone wanted to trade in their S4 for an iPhone 5s (yeah I know, stupid example), they would get about $380 for trade in. So the loyalty trade in would be more than that. Also, flashed phones will not be able to be used. With CDMA gone, that makes sense. I don't know about unlocked GSM phones. He also said that Cricket branded 4g LTE phones will be able to use AT&T's LTE network sometime after the end of March. I'm guessing that it's a perk to keep us from jumping ship. I'm also guessing it will require us to get a new LTE simm card from Cricket. He also said that he is going to buy the Galaxy S5 as soon as it's available for himself. He's not worried about it costing too much to switch to an AT&T phone.
    That's because the S 5 is supposed to be Cricket's FIRST GSM phone. It is already order for beta testing by R&D with the new software.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Thread Information