Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Question Verizon to Cricket Flash Question.

First off forgive me if I am asking something that's already been answered but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I recently went and purchased a used Droid X from Craigslist. The ESN is verified clear. I have researched how to flash a Droid X to Cricket and the only question I cannot find the answer to is Do I require a Cricket account/phone number ALREADY existing to activate my Droid X. I do not currently have Cricket service but I wish to take the droid X and start a NEW service on the Cricket network. So is this possible or do I need to buy a cricket phone to do so?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

I recommend going to an authorized dealer to do it. They are more likely to do it rather than someone else...
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Ok thanks a lot would you possibly know how much I should expect to pay them for flashing it for me? Just to have piece of mind going in. thx again

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

I'm not sure... All stores are different... You can get $5 off if you get chrisngrod to flash yours remotely... So with the discount it's $30 for non supporting member.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Let's see. A lot of corporate stores and some authorized dealers will tell you it has to be flashed first. Well what they consider a flash it just having a PRL written to the device. Interesting. I don't consider that a flash, but anyways.... They can start a line if you aren't in a tri band area. I've had people go to a Cricket dealer and have me talk to them in order to get an account before.

Pretty sure they're just going based off what they were told or are worried you are going to come back and say your phone doesn't work.

For tri band areas... A little bit different story...

So technically I could just write the PRL to the device myself before taking it to the store and save myself the headache?

Thread Information