Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Very frustrated

Overall activity: 1.0%

Angry Very frustrated

I had my phone suspended for a few months, due to extended unemployment. I finally got it hooked back up today, and the lady at the official cricket store counter told me I'd still have my old phone number. She signed me up on the $50 plan, yet I got charged $57 total. Then once service activated after I left the store, my phone number was not the same. Not even close. So I got lied to and over charged. Now I'm at home setting the phone up again, and I'm barely getting 1 bar of signal. It's alternating between 1x and 3g, and the download speeds are horrible. I checked my online account, and it says I used 250 mb of my data already, which cannot even be possible. I'm thinking about cancelling already, and I haven't even been back with cricket for 24 hours yet.

Also, the lady dialed *228 without my permission, which ruined my custom flash settings... which I have to redo now. UGH!
    Last edited by oddlike7; 09-30-2013 at 11:01 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Dont worry about the mb used. Mine does the same thing and it doesnt match my phone.. It seems to jump in mb chucks every week on their site. I just look at what my phone says i used.

Once your setting are fixed then it might stay at 3g. Or try a diff PRL from this site.

Call your old number to see it was assigned to someone else.

Overall activity: 0%

when you pay inside a store you pay a store usage fee (they used to send out texts and emails telling you, and it is usually posted inside the store, it is also all over the mycricket website), it ranges between $3-4 depending on the location i think. Also having your service suspended means you get charged a reactivation fee usually, which some stores will waive some won't. As for the number being changed you can go into the store and talk to the same representative she may be able to get your phone registered back to the number if it is free, otherwise you're outa luck there. And when they do the *228 that is to reregister your phone to cricket, I've had mine shutoff before. Make sure though that your ESN is the same as the phone number you want as well...sometimes you have to do the *228 to get the ESN to match, mine phone would randomly switch numbers, the store had no clue, and no forums did either, I'd have to do the *228 when it did and that would fix the problem.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

I would have charged you $15 activation fee, if it were in my store so $57 is not bad. I would have got you for $50 +$15 + $3 payment fee + tax. Then again, I would not have let you leave until you had you old number back or you and I agreed that you would accept a new number if your old had been recycled.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    I would have charged you $15 activation fee, if it were in my store so $57 is not bad. I would have got you for $50 +$15 + $3 payment fee + tax. Then again, I would not have let you leave until you had you old number back or you and I agreed that you would accept a new number if your old had been recycled.
    This is my standard practice....

Quote Originally Posted by oddlike7 View Post
    I had my phone suspended for a few months, due to extended unemployment. I finally got it hooked back up today, and the lady at the official cricket store counter told me I'd still have my old phone number. She signed me up on the $50 plan, yet I got charged $57 total. Then once service activated after I left the store, my phone number was not the same. Not even close. So I got lied to and over charged. Now I'm at home setting the phone up again, and I'm barely getting 1 bar of signal. It's alternating between 1x and 3g, and the download speeds are horrible. I checked my online account, and it says I used 250 mb of my data already, which cannot even be possible. I'm thinking about cancelling already, and I haven't even been back with cricket for 24 hours yet.

Also, the lady dialed *228 without my permission, which ruined my custom flash settings... which I have to redo now. UGH!
    You can call *611 and ask them if you can get your old number back. They will file an APP ticket and request it. I do it for my customers all the time. As long as it is not issued to someone else, they should be able to get it back.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Thread Information