Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

What do you do when Cricket doesn't honor there own insurance plan?

I have a Motorola Qwerty QA30. I love this phone, and it has been kept in great condition for 3 years now. It was the most expensive phone at the time, and I pay a premium on insurance for three years as a result. The insurance phone number told me that the phone on there list some samsung that didn't provide the features I needed, but don't not to worry as the local stores could take care of me. I went to the store in Greeley Colorado at 5984 Commerce. I talked to Jenna Herrera and she told me she would did not have a phone to provide me and I would have to go to a corporate store. I called the corporate number, and they said that stores with a coprorate rep, which she was, should help and I should have no problem and to go back. I went back and she straight out said she would not assist me in getting a phone replacement. She told me her stock to replace phones was limited, and she was unwilling to help me. I have spent over $180 on this service and am being jerked around and told that they will not do anything.

What would you do in this situation. I have been a loyal customer for 8+ years and am strongly considering switching providers as a result of the poor customer service and being jerked around.
    Last edited by JoeStat; 02-29-2012 at 08:32 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

post on their facebook page

Dear Natan12,

I have posted on the facebook wall. I will let you know if anything is resolved.

Thanks,
    JoeStat

For insurance you have to go to corporate store, no other choice. Calling the 800 number is worthless, they tell you anything to get you off the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    For insurance you have to go to corporate store, no other choice. Calling the 800 number is worthless, they tell you anything to get you off the phone.
    I went to a full service stores, with a Corporate rep who handles insurance claims, who did this.

Why even have the corporate rep, and send people to the store, if they aren't going to help you, after doing someone elses insurance claim in front of you? Why do I have to come on a forum to find this information in the first place? I think I am going to go to Att or Verizon. I do want ways to voice my complaint. I will also file a complaint with the Attorney General. You don't waste people time like this.

Also I called the Denver corporate stores number. >.> I can't help it if it still gives you the 1800 number. Seriously do you expect me to travel 60 miles without some verification for a maybe when I've already travelled 30 for someone who should be able to fix it, and got nowhere.
    Last edited by JoeStat; 02-29-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Lets figure this out, I got more information on your last post. I see they handle an insurance claim in front of you. OK thats good and bad, Here are some questions that can help me, help you. When she told you she did not have the phone to provide you did she offer another model of phone to you? Since that model is long outdated are you willing to take a newer model?

if you want to file a complaint with the attorney you need to file it against the insurance company cricket uses, I believe it call assuraning, cricket only does the billing on there behalf. But thats beside the point lets see why you did not get a phone before you work out.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

yes captainkirks is correct, the model is long out-dated. and cricket uses a third party insurance company called thesignal, they are a division of assurant solutions.. there website is ------->
    www.thesignal.com

and you can have them deal with the insurance claim over the phone at 1-866-217-5787 i suggest taking the best phone replacement they offer you, i would not expect a $250 mercury as a replacement. i would suggest the samsung messanger touch, or one of the smart-phones that is NOT the zte score.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStat View Post
    I have a Motorola Qwerty QA30. I love this phone, and it has been kept in great condition for 3 years now. It was the most expensive phone at the time, and I pay a premium on insurance for three years as a result. The insurance phone number told me that the phone on there list some samsung that didn't provide the features I needed, but don't not to worry as the local stores could take care of me. I went to the store in Greeley Colorado at 5984 Commerce. I talked to Jenna Herrera and she told me she would did not have a phone to provide me and I would have to go to a corporate store. I called the corporate number, and they said that stores with a coprorate rep, which she was, should help and I should have no problem and to go back. I went back and she straight out said she would not assist me in getting a phone replacement. She told me her stock to replace phones was limited, and she was unwilling to help me. I have spent over $180 on this service and am being jerked around and told that they will not do anything.

What would you do in this situation. I have been a loyal customer for 8+ years and am strongly considering switching providers as a result of the poor customer service and being jerked around.
    I am going to address the bolded statements, 1-5 in the order they appear in your post.

1. She told you she didnt have a replacement for you. This was probably due to the fact that the phone you have was first released over 3 years ago and replacement stock is not infinite and she gave you another option to get a replacement. That doesn't seem like bad service to me.

2. You called corp and they told you she (Jenna) could help you. Did you tell them she said she didnt have that phone? If they knew you had spoken with a corp rep at a premier store but she was unable to help you because of limited stock, they would likely have not told you to go back. So I can draw one of two conclusions here. A. you didnt tell them or B. you spoke to a moron. If it's A shame on you. If B shame on you again. You should have restated that she had no stock with which to help you and asked for other options.

3. This is the second time she has told you she has limited options for replacing your phone. Did she say she was unwilling to help you or did she indicate she was unable again due to limited stock? I ask because they are two different things and why she would change from unable on the first visit to unwilling on the second seems odd. Although she may have been frustrated because you came back after she told you she was unable to help you on your first visit. Yes, reps get frustrated by customers who dont listen.

4. 8 years as a customer is no more relevant than 8 days.

5. Go ahead. That's the beauty of Cricket. No contract to lock you in, no etf to pay when you leave. You'll find very little sympathy when you throw out the "oh I may leave cause I feel slighted" bit. Cricket has given all of it's customers the freedom to speak with their wallets and clearly they are ok with you doing so. You absolutely cannot blackmail Cricket in to doing anything by threatening to leave. They leave the door unlocked and open for a reason. So you can if thats what you want.

Ok now to address the question you asked. What would I do? Go to the corp store and do your claim. If you don't want the travel, call the insurance company and file a claim. They will send you a replacement in the mail. You will get what they have available to send you and likely won't get a Hint. 1-866-217-5787 is the number for The Signal.

What I wouldn't do: Whine because the replacement method isn't convenient for you. It is what it is. You don't like it, change companies.
    Post back that I am rude. Sure maybe a little but I tire of the constant "Cricket Customer Service sucks" posts and comments. You been with Cricket 8 years. It hasn't ever been great so this isn't news. You should understand this and have learned to deal with it. And I actually gave you good advice on how to handle the replacement.

Have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by natan12 View Post
    post on their facebook page
    Dumbest advice in this thread. Facebook is not a solution to anything.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I went to a full service stores, with a Corporate rep who handles insurance claims, who did this.

Why even have the corporate rep, and send people to the store, if they aren't going to help you, after doing someone elses insurance claim in front of you? Why do I have to come on a forum to find this information in the first place? I think I am going to go to Att or Verizon. I do want ways to voice my complaint. I will also file a complaint with the Attorney General. You don't waste people time like this.

Also I called the Denver corporate stores number. >.> I can't help it if it still gives you the 1800 number. Seriously do you expect me to travel 60 miles without some verification for a maybe when I've already travelled 30 for someone who should be able to fix it, and got nowhere.
    Don't forget the FCC, the FTC and the BBB.

But unfortunately for you, no company in this country has to give a damn about YOUR time. If you can find a law anywhere that says a company has to be considerate of your time, please please post it here.

Seriously, do you expect anyone to give two ***** whether you have to travel to do business?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jenna said she was unwilling to offer me any phone as a replacement.

The insurance plan says I need to go to a store with a corporate rep, because I will have to change my phone plan to receive service from the phone provided. I went to the store they recommended. I have called and told them what happened, and now they recommended I go to another store with a corporate rep, which I will be doing in the next hour. I hope this goes better.

You guys are telling me two things, and both are redirecting me to the other and not helping me.

Response to the previous post:
    As far as Cricket Customer service sucks comment... It has for me. I might have been a customer for 8 years, but that's because I have had no problems. I have not dealt with customer service before. Now that I have, I can say it sucks. This is my only real experience with Cricket Customer service. Judging from your responses, I have every right to feel that it sucks.

BTW: Law: Time does not matter unless it's attached to something else. This case being services not rendered within what the general public would consider acceptable means.
    Last edited by JoeStat; 03-01-2012 at 03:31 PM.

What is the exact address of the store, I could not find anything close to on mycricket.com.

Heres the sad part you can go by a pillar paygo cricket as a replacement for less than your deductable.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    What is the exact address of the store, I could not find anything close to on mycricket.com.

Heres the sad part you can go by a pillar paygo cricket as a replacement for less than your deductable.
    Probably because there is no such store. Hell Google Maps doesn't even locate a Commerce St. Ave. Rd. Dr IN Greeley CO.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Jenna said she was unwilling to offer me any phone as a replacement.
    I doubt that very much. Why? Well because that's not what you said in your first post and because insurance replacements are done on a very specific schedule. That means there is a matrix of phones which the rep has to follow in order to replace your phone. If they do not have the phone indicated by the matrix, they cannot replace your phone. Since your phone is 3yrs old, and Jenna is located in a dealer location with limited stock availability, she probably didn't have any of the replacements for your model at her disposal. This is why she told you on your first visit she was unable to replace your handset and directed you to the nearest corp location, where there is generally much more replacement stock available.

The insurance plan says I need to go to a store with a corporate rep, because I will have to change my phone plan to receive service from the phone provided. I went to the store they recommended. I have called and told them what happened, and now they recommended I go to another store with a corporate rep, which I will be doing in the next hour. I hope this goes better.
    The insurance company doesn't know what stock is available in the stores capable of doing the replacement. The fact that your phone is 3 years old is making this situation challenging.

You guys are telling me two things, and both are redirecting me to the other and not helping me.
    It's called giving you choices or options. We are Cricket users just like you.

Response to the previous post:
    As far as Cricket Customer service sucks comment... It has for me. I might have been a customer for 8 years, but that's because I have had no problems. I have not dealt with customer service before. Now that I have, I can say it sucks. This is my only real experience with Cricket Customer service. Judging from your responses, I have every right to feel that it sucks.
    Customer service always sucks when they don't give you what you want, when and the way you want it. I personally have no issue with Cricket CS, because I know how to get what I want and what to say to get it.

BTW: Law: Time does not matter unless it's attached to something else. This case being services not rendered within what the general public would consider acceptable means.
    So you're a lawyer? Googling this phrase yields no response, so I must assume it's a creation of yours. If you'd like to post a source..... From the insurance brochure available in any Cricket store, " Your replacement device will be available at a convenient Cricket location (This option is not available in all markets), or it will be shipped within two to three business days!" So your time thing is probably irrelevant anyway because no where does it say anything about you getting a replacement the same day.

Good news. I just went to the Fort Collins store. The other one recommended by the insurance provider. They have resolved the situation. Jenna, the corporate rep, from the Greeley location is just horrible at her job and provided horrible customer service, and a horrible customer experience in general! I will make sure to report her in as many ways as I can. Looks like she was just lazy, and because she didn't want to do the extra work required, she just didn't help me. The other corporate rep said she has the exact same authority, etc. He doesn't know why she was so unwilling to help me. Either she is just highly unqualified for her position or lazy.

When I said she wasn't willing to work with me on a replacement, I was implying (any kind of replacement). Sorry if I didn't spell it out for you. (laugh)

The Fort Collins rep even offered me a variety of phones within my $85 deductible to choose from. :-)
    Last edited by JoeStat; 03-01-2012 at 08:00 PM.

What phone did you end of with?

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Ascend 2

This is why insurance on a phone is simply a waste of money from any carrier. Why pay to protect a product that is out dated and discontinued as rapidly as a phone. The cost of protection for a year is to comparable to the cost of a new phone. Simply save the money you would have used for insurance and get a new phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information