Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Phone
    samsung messenger2

What Do You Think About The Huawei Glory(Mercury) Topping The Samsung Indulge?

Hello Cricket Users,

The Samsung Indulge is the top Android phone Cricket has. Huawei is making an attempt to top the Samsung Indulge with it's Huawei Glory(Mercury).

Do you think Huawei is going to accomplish its mission or fall short?

Huawei has some killer features:

1.4 GHz processor
    8.0 MP Camera
    LED Lights
    Nice Size Phone
    Cube Effect
    2.3 Android Operating System w/Upgrade To Ice Cream Sandwich

All touch screen phone. On some phones it's tough to text on all touch screen. However, I found this pen inside a authorized Cricket store in Hamilton, OH that retails for $13.00 that'll allow me to text and get familiar with the touch screen technology.

Now the Samsung Indulge:

1 GHz processor
    3.0 MP Camera
    Slide Out keyboard
    2.2 Android Operating System(I Have No Idea Whether They're Coming Out With An Upgrade Or Not)
    The keyboard is nice especially with people who have big hands.

When I upgrade my phone in November, it's coming down to these two phones. I believe the Samsung Indulge stole my heart. Why? The keyboard.

Huawei phone will be a success and unless they get that keyboard, Samsung will be declared the champ.

What do you think?

I'd like your feedback.

Wish you well,

Paul Wilson

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I think the specs say it all

I think the Huawei will be a sucess. You're right, it doesn't have a keyboard, but since the specifications are so much better, I think more will go for the Huawei Mercury. Also, keep in mind the Samsung Indulge has been over $300. I think it's $309.99 now. The Huawei should be launching with an MSRP of $299 (that's before any discounts). So, between the specifications and the price, I think the Huawei will be the winner.

For those who need a keyboard, they have the Transfix and the Indulge to choose from. Personally, I would choose the Transfix because of the price.

PCalWil, have you looked into the Samsung Transfix? You never know, Cricket might get a phone just like the Mercury but with a keyboard. That would be perfect for you, wouldn't it?

Phone
    samsung messenger2

Avenue,

that would be perfect if Cricket got a phone with all the Huawei Features in addition to a keyboard.

I saw the Samsung Transfix at one of the corporate Cricket stores. It goes for $180

It's has the exect features as the Samsung Vitality minus Muve Music and Plus a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by PCalWil View Post
    Avenue,

that would be perfect if Cricket got a phone with all the Huawei Features in addition to a keyboard.

I saw the Samsung Transfix at one of the corporate Cricket stores. It goes for $180

It's has the exect features as the Samsung Vitality minus Muve Music and Plus a keyboard.
    What did you think of the Samsung Transfix?

Another idea would be to get the Transfix for now, and just wait for a phone similar to the Huawei Mercury to come out with a keyboard. I'm sure you're not the only one that wants the Mercury with a keyboard.

Phone
    samsung messenger2

I didn't think the Transfix was all that. That Indulge is great and the price isn't.

I didn't think the Transfix was all that. That Indulge is great and the price isn't.
    Have you tried using a touchscreen keyboard before? The Mercury's screen size is pretty good so you might not have any problems.

I used to think I needed a phone with a keyboard until I took and chance and got the Huawei Ascend. It took a while to get used to it, but I did. With the Mercury it should be even easier because it should be more responsive and it has a bigger screen.

Phone
    samsung messenger2

The Huawei Ascend II is a good phone. I can text on that. I don't talk on the phone much. I use the Internet more often than not. I like that Cube Effect they have on the home screen.

I'm used to having basic phones. I'm not used to the all touchscreen technology. My wife when she was with Cricket has the Sanyo Zio. I heard that phone was difficult to navigate. She thought the phone was goofy. So we tried out Sprint back in June. She stayed with Sprint and I gave up two good phones to be back down with Cricket.

I want this Mercury phone to come out. I sure hope it comes out by Black Friday.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I probably won't be around when the phone is released, but I'll be very interested to see the Mercury when I can. A thing I've never been impressed with are the screens on Cricket Android phones. Even though the screen on my Motorola XPRT is low res, it looks good compared to the Ascend. The Motorola Triumph is a Huawei and it was okay. I hope this phone does well.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

The Huawei Ascend II is a good phone. I can text on that. I don't talk on the phone much. I use the Internet more often than not. I like that Cube Effect they have on the home screen.

I'm used to having basic phones. I'm not used to the all touchscreen technology. My wife when she was with Cricket has the Sanyo Zio. I heard that phone was difficult to navigate. She thought the phone was goofy. So we tried out Sprint back in June. She stayed with Sprint and I gave up two good phones to be back down with Cricket.

I want this Mercury phone to come out. I sure hope it comes out by Black Friday.
    Hopefully it will be out by then. You can always call your local Cricket store and ask when they will be getting them in just in case they know.

Phone
    ZTE Source rooted

i hope the Glory does well

im sick of cricket android phones not having auto focus..hope the Glory camera specs beef up and put it in

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix602 View Post
    im sick of cricket android phones not having auto focus..hope the Glory camera specs beef up and put it in
    I'm pretty sure it will have auto focus.

Thread Information