Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

What do you think Cricket should charge for a Muve Music Android plan?

Currently, the Muve Music plan is $55/month. The Android plan is also $55/month. What do you think Cricket should charge for their Muve Music Android plan?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    original Ascend

That's a good question. I could see probably $60 or $65 a month for it. But to me, once you go above $65 for one phone line, you're getting into a different territory. It'd be awesome if it were just part of the regular android plan though, because that's about all I can afford right now LOL. Why does there need to be special phones for Muve? Why couldn't they make it where somebody's existing phone could use Muve if they wanted to for an additional charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket User View Post
    That's a good question. I could see probably $60 or $65 a month for it. But to me, once you go above $65 for one phone line, you're getting into a different territory. It'd be awesome if it were just part of the regular android plan though, because that's about all I can afford right now LOL. Why does there need to be special phones for Muve? Why couldn't they make it where somebody's existing phone could use Muve if they wanted to for an additional charge?
    I think that is going to happen eventually. I think they will start allowing it on all Android phones.

I think they should charge $5/month for it for one line, and $10/month for up to five lines. So, if the customer has two, three, four, or five lines, they will pay $10/month. I think this would be the best way to get people to choose Muve Music over other services such as Rhapsody.

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    original Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I think that is going to happen eventually. I think they will start allowing it on all Android phones.

I think they should charge $5/month for it for one line, and $10/month for up to five lines. So, if the customer has two, three, four, or five lines, they will pay $10/month. I think this would be the best way to get people to choose Muve Music over other services such as Rhapsody.

Yeah, that would be a good plan. And if you think about it, a ringtone now costs $3, so for one person, it'd be less than the cost of two ringtones a month for unlimited ringtones and music

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket User View Post
    Yeah, that would be a good plan. And if you think about it, a ringtone now costs $3, so for one person, it'd be less than the cost of two ringtones a month for unlimited ringtones and music
    Yeah, that's right!

I don;t think it should cost any extra and here is why. You have all these new cloud services through google and amazon, not to mention myxer has an android app that you can create your own ringtones. If they charge extra for something you really could get for free by uploading your own music or listen to tunes via something like iheart radio or spotify once it goes wide it would be cutting their nose off to spite their face

Quote Originally Posted by HTownMetalHed7 View Post
    I don;t think it should cost any extra and here is why. You have all these new cloud services through google and amazon, not to mention myxer has an android app that you can create your own ringtones. If they charge extra for something you really could get for free by uploading your own music or listen to tunes via something like iheart radio or spotify once it goes wide it would be cutting their nose off to spite their face
    I've also thought that maybe it should be included. It would be another incentive to get an Android plan through Cricket instead of through someone else.

Also, this would be encouraging people to get music at no additional charge, LEGALLY. I think that can make the record companies like Cricket because it's legal.

Phone
    Kyocera Rio

i think 60$ would be perfect. 70$ and up is a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinjordan100 View Post
    i think 60$ would be perfect. 70$ and up is a no no.
    Yeah it wouldn't be worth it at $70. That is basically encouraging people to get their music illegally..

It cannot be free, and using the ideology that people will download it anyways is a red herring. The fact is, that having a music service must pay the content creators, so there must be a charge. I have no clue about the behind the screen costs, but there is royalties that must be paid, and comparing it to the cloud services where you upload your own music in not fair, since you theoretically already paid for that music, unlike muve which allows you to music you have not.

With that said, I do not use muve, since it does not suit my purposes. When I listen to music at home, I use online services, when on the move, I use my ipod with albums I paid for, since I tend to drive a lot, and my ipod battery lasts way longer between charges.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    It cannot be free, and using the ideology that people will download it anyways is a red herring. The fact is, that having a music service must pay the content creators, so there must be a charge. I have no clue about the behind the screen costs, but there is royalties that must be paid, and comparing it to the cloud services where you upload your own music in not fair, since you theoretically already paid for that music, unlike muve which allows you to music you have not.

With that said, I do not use muve, since it does not suit my purposes. When I listen to music at home, I use online services, when on the move, I use my ipod with albums I paid for, since I tend to drive a lot, and my ipod battery lasts way longer between charges.
    Nailed it Monty.

My guess would be 60 or 65. I'll have to put out some feelers and see if any of my contacts at Cricket have an inkling what it might be.
    They might surprise us and just do 55. One never knows.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Hate to thread drift, but I wonder if they are going to change the data usage limits, or if they are going to subtract your music downloads from your total usage. Also curious if they will allow music downloads via wifi to speed up the process. All in all it's going to be interesting.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post

Yeah, I understand they still need to pay for the music, but I was saying they could offer it at no additional charge for their customers. Cricket can just pay the fee just as they do the federal taxes. It will be just another incentive to get Cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Hate to thread drift, but I wonder if they are going to change the data usage limits, or if they are going to subtract your music downloads from your total usage. Also curious if they will allow music downloads via wifi to speed up the process. All in all it's going to be interesting.
    I was wondering about the data usage too.. Does it take away from the 1 GB.

Does anyone know?

Muve doesnt allow WiFi downloads? Well now that I think about it, currently muve is on the non smart phone so I guess that makes sense. but when it comes to android they better allow it. Let me use my own paid for connection to download, it saves me accrued bandwidth on the cricket network, and saves cricket on the air link to let me get it, which is expensive for them. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, I understand they still need to pay for the music, but I was saying they could offer it at no additional charge for their customers. Cricket can just pay the fee just as they do the federal taxes. It will be just another incentive to get Cricket.
    A company does not just "pay for the fee". it comes from income from customers. The taxes are built into the bill since its small and everyone pays for them so they factor it in. Muve is a smaller service that not everyone has, in order to pay for that service, they would have to hike everyone's bill regardless if they use it or not. which would not be fair for the people who do not use it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information