Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    A company does not just "pay for the fee". it comes from income from customers. The taxes are built into the bill since its small and everyone pays for them so they factor it in. Muve is a smaller service that not everyone has, in order to pay for that service, they would have to hike everyone's bill regardless if they use it or not. which would not be fair for the people who do not use it.
    So, are you saying Cricket needs to pay a rate per user or do you think they pay a flat rate for as many users as they want on the service?

Why would people that don't want to use it need to pay more? Does this mean that all future phones that have Muve Music will cost extra each month, even if the person just wants the phone, and not the Muve Music service?

Thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

For the data it all depends on what security controls they want. Mms cannot be downloaded over WiFi. You can't connect to the proxy server outside of Cricket's network I think. I wish I worked for Cricket to see all of this get implemented. I'm not talking about working at some store either.

Sent from a Cricket HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    So, are you saying Cricket needs to pay a rate per user or do you think they pay a flat rate for as many users as they want on the service?
    Why would people that don't want to use it need to pay more? Does this mean that all future phones that have Muve Music will cost extra each month, even if the person just wants the phone, and not the Muve Music service?

Knowing the RIAA, they want as much cut as they can take. What I have seen from previous companies offering digital approaches was a low rate for access to them, much cheaper than a music store, but also a small percentage in each download, hoping that the service takes off and they slowly get a larger cut of the pie. So regardless in their terms, they want paid for their owned content, and in this model it can start off small for them (in their terms, but moderate for the licensee) but hope to get huge returns in the long run.

No music company had every allowed a flat rate to their library. They want a cut of every download, always.
    Thanks.

Knowing the RIAA, they want as much cut as they can take. What I have seen from previous companies offering digital approaches was a low rate for access to them, much cheaper than a music store, but also a small percentage in each download, hoping that the service takes off and they slowly get a larger cut of the pie. So regardless in their terms, they want paid for their owned content, and in this model it can start off small for them (in their terms, but moderate for the licensee) but hope to get huge returns in the long run.

No music company had every allowed a flat rate to their library. They want a cut of every download, always.
    Thanks.
    Interesting. It must be cheap though if Cricket is telling people about downloading full albums. There are a lot of people that have thousands of songs on their devices. That can add up.

So, if it's a "per download" thing, do you think that means people can get the Muve Music Android device without paying extra for the service? I'm guessing Cricket can always disable it and make you call to add Muve Music on.

You are missing the law of averages in your equation. This is true for every wireless company in order to be profitable.

You sell it as unlimited. The people sign up, but they do not all use it unlimited, some do, some do not, and that average that is precalculated, plus covering margins is a price point. Every data company has does this since dialup days, they oversell a service since they know some will not take advantage of it all. That is where there is a profit. They had the opportunity but they did not use it. This allows a small margin of profit, which will only be used to advertise more. It is a small market after all.

What you suggested is allow all cricket to have access, which would mean that all users even if they do not have a compatible phone would take a brunt of the cost of it for the company to allow all customers to have it. This would likely affect costs for the platform, since there would be a higher upfront "closing cost" on the service as a goodwill of allowing access to music which is unmetered.

You are missing the law of averages in your equation. This is true for every wireless company in order to be profitable.

You sell it as unlimited. The people sign up, but they do not all use it unlimited, some do, some do not, and that average that is precalculated, plus covering margins is a price point. Every data company has does this since dialup days, they oversell a service since they know some will not take advantage of it all. That is where there is a profit. They had the opportunity but they did not use it. This allows a small margin of profit, which will only be used to advertise more. It is a small market after all.

What you suggested is allow all cricket to have access, which would mean that all users even if they do not have a compatible phone would take a brunt of the cost of it for the company to allow all customers to have it. This would likely affect costs for the platform, since there would be a higher upfront "closing cost" on the service as a goodwill of allowing access to music which is unmetered.
    Yeah, I understand what you mean when you say not everyone is going to take advantage of the unlimited.

You lost me here though:
    There is Muve Music now for $55/month, and the charge hasn't gone up on the regular phones without the feature. From what I read that you said, it makes me think by offering Muve Music on an Android all of the rates are going to need to go up and everyone is going to need to pay for it.

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for answering my questions. I remember you explaining to me a while ago how a lot of this stuff works. I appreciate it.

Yeah, I understand what you mean when you say not everyone is going to take advantage of the unlimited.

You lost me here though:
    There is Muve Music now for $55/month, and the charge hasn't gone up on the regular phones without the feature. From what I read that you said, it makes me think by offering Muve Music on an Android all of the rates are going to need to go up and everyone is going to need to pay for it.

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for answering my questions. I remember you explaining to me a while ago how a lot of this stuff works. I appreciate it.

Phone
    lg optimus c

i wouldnt mnd paying 60 i f i realy like the android muve phone!!! but if i get the glory ill just transfer songs from my pc

Quote Originally Posted by davelopez View Post
    i wouldnt mnd paying 60 i f i realy like the android muve phone!!! but if i get the glory ill just transfer songs from my pc
    Yeah, I think $5 extra isn't bad at all.

Overall activity: 1.0%

$55 is maximum I would pay, it should be included. there are too many free apps out there to let you listen to music for free

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmer84 View Post
    $55 is maximum I would pay, it should be included. there are too many free apps out there to let you listen to music for free
    Yeah, maybe they could make it ad supported somehow. After every ten songs there could be a short advertisement.

Nothing it seems like it would be a waist of money. Android has free apps for music.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    huawei ascend

cricket should have the option to put muve service phones for 5 dollars per month!!!!

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

It cannot be free, and using the ideology that people will download it anyways is a red herring. The fact is, that having a music service must pay the content creators, so there must be a charge. I have no clue about the behind the screen costs, but there is royalties that must be paid, and comparing it to the cloud services where you upload your own music in not fair, since you theoretically already paid for that music, unlike muve which allows you to music you have not.

With that said, I do not use muve, since it does not suit my purposes. When I listen to music at home, I use online services, when on the move, I use my ipod with albums I paid for, since I tend to drive a lot, and my ipod battery lasts way longer between charges.
    only read as far as your post and a few past but if you have android I think this should be included in the 55$ plan as it is 55$ with the few phones that allow it. I think they will still be making enough money at this price point and can raise it a 1$ or 2$ if it becomes popular enough later on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information