Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Apr 2011

Where Are All the Phone Brand Options Gone ?

Greetings Cricket Users,

I am a new member, and am happy to be.

I have a question, it seems that lately when I visit the Cricket Wireless site, and browse through the Smart phones, I notice that there doesn't seem to be any ZTE or Huawei phones anymore, and HTC is down to just 1 phone left.

Is Cricket not selling these phones anymore ? I see only Samsung phones, 1 kyocera, and the Cricket Engage (not the same as the ZTE Engage). And not that I'm a fan, but I also notice NO Apple phones anymore.

Is this a move to appease AT&T ? I actually like ZTE and Huawei and liked the options at Cricket for more than just one brand. Does anyone have any knowledge on this they could share ? Also, the Samsungs that are left, the cheapest is $70 and they go up to $580. I don't want to spend that much on a phone, is why I began patronizing Cricket in the first place, what's next higher phone rates as well.

I believe that on this trend AT&T will try to pigeon hole all the customers. I am concerned because the only choice that will be left for me is T-Mobile, and I am not that big of a fan there either.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Well the ZTE Source is probably on the way. With Huawei they didn't have too much luck. After the success of the Mercury, they didn't even attempt to do one OS upgrade which turned away some customers.

You may not be able to see certain phones available in your area, but they are most likely getting the 5S, 5C, and 4S 8gb according to sources.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post
    You may not be able to see certain phones available in your area
    Minneapolis, MN is outside of cricket's towers. that means on the website the only phones available are on the cricket MVNO "pay-go" service.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Chevy doesn't keep selling 1995 impalas for the same reason. ....change and progress.

sent from SP's vanilla 1.1 ROM

Thread Information