Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

there are mutiple cricket stores here in lincoln, ne
    one corp. store = dont care to help unless you make a scene and others join in then they half heartedly try to help

way too many cricket / pay advance places = we take payments thats it

around 3 auth. dealers = want to help but are generly clueless and cant work on big issues unless you talk to there phone flashing guy who just so happens to be a disgruntled guy around 50years old at 2 of them and dont want to deal with you unless they can talk down to you and make themselfs feel better. the 3rd place is run by arabic guys that dont want to help unless they charge you (they wanted $20 for a blackberry trackball when they can be gotten free at verizon and almost nothingt online and want a minum of $5 for tec. support) and mostly sell flashed phones that are mostly stolen and bought from school kids.

1 place only sells flashed phones = great device help but no cricket help and the guy uses verizon and really knows jack about how cricket is

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    one corp. store = dont care to help unless you make a scene and others join in then they half heartedly try to help

around 3 auth. dealers = want to help but are generly clueless and cant work on big issues unless you talk to there phone flashing guy who just so happens to be a disgruntled guy around 50years old at 2 of them and dont want to deal with you unless they can talk down to you and make themselfs feel better. the 3rd place is run by arabic guys that dont want to help unless they charge you (they wanted $20 for a blackberry trackball when they can be gotten free at verizon and almost nothingt online and want a minum of $5 for tec. support) and mostly sell flashed phones that are mostly stolen and bought from school kids.

1 place only sells flashed phones = great device help but no cricket help and the guy uses verizon and really knows jack about how cricket is
    Generally, this has been my experience too. But i've been in maybe only 4 stores and not 40 stores, so maybe i have not found the good stores yet. This is why i've searched out info and forums (like this one) on the net so i could solve my own phone problems. One of the great things about this forum is the technical support is very good. You can watch people post problems and watch the techs usually solve the problem within 5-20 postings. Thats soooo much better that watching a thread where 100 people are posting and guessing what the solution is. The tutorials are very good too. Its understandable that Cricket Employees are not expected to be an expert on every phone type and problem. But might i ask the Cricket Employees, what is Crickets typical training for store support?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Generally, this has been my experience too. But i've been in maybe only 4 stores and not 40 stores, so maybe i have not found the good stores yet. This is why i've searched out info and forums (like this one) on the net so i could solve my own phone problems. One of the great things about this forum is the technical support is very good. You can watch people post problems and watch the techs usually solve the problem within 5-20 postings. Thats soooo much better that watching a thread where 100 people are posting and guessing what the solution is. The tutorials are very good too. Its understandable that Cricket Employees are not expected to be an expert on every phone type and problem. But might i ask the Cricket Employees, what is Crickets typical training for store support?
    On your training question , can you be more specific about what sort of training youre talking about?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Everything well said, few comments to add.

First, cricket corp dose not know anything about flash phones. Flashing is a talent you learn over years. It is easy to learn to flash one phone and know all about it but as a dealer you need to learn about all models that is why cricket corp do not do flashes. Which is OK.

Second, as a business owner I do not know of another type of business which takes up so much time with customer services. In my stores 1 out of 4 are paying customer rest have questions.

As a dealer there are alot of thing cricket will not let me do, that would help out the customer.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks:31990
    Everything well said, few comments to add.

First, cricket corp dose not know anything about flash phones. Flashing is a talent you learn over years. It is easy to learn to flash one phone and know all about it but as a dealer you need to learn about all models that is why cricket corp do not do flashes. Which is OK.

Second, as a business owner I do not know of another type of business which takes up so much time with customer services. In my stores 1 out of 4 are paying customer rest have questions.

As a dealer there are alot of thing cricket will not let me do, that would help out the customer.
    I understand that corporate stores aren't supposed to do much with flash phones that's when they act like your not a paying customer because you use a flash phone just is not right. I agree completely it is very easy to get into 1 phone and do it over and over but doing multiple phones is very hard to figure out sometimes not all the same. and I have no problem with them not understanding all these phones out there but I wish they would at least realize that I am a paying customer.

you are not kidding about 3 out of 4 customers not being paying. I've found the same with the people I've flashed phones for and repaired computers for. But the people I take the time to help as mush as I can are the ones that come back and bring more business. It's a time consuming pain but its part of the game.

I can't imagine the restrictions cricket put on a dealer expescially seeing how little they will let a corporate store do.

I understand that corporate stores aren't supposed to do much with flash phones that's when they act like your not a paying customer because you use a flash phone just is not right. I agree completely it is very easy to get into 1 phone and do it over and over but doing multiple phones is very hard to figure out sometimes not all the same. and I have no problem with them not understanding all these phones out there but I wish they would at least realize that I am a paying customer.

you are not kidding about 3 out of 4 customers not being paying. I've found the same with the people I've flashed phones for and repaired computers for. But the people I take the time to help as mush as I can are the ones that come back and bring more business. It's a time consuming pain but its part of the game.

I can't imagine the restrictions cricket put on a dealer expescially seeing how little they will let a corporate store do.
    Basically it comes down to that people that work there DO NOT OWN THE BUSINESS.. Hence, they don't pay rent, or overhead so the mentality of helping a paying/non-paying customer is moot. Its all about achieving numbers to get that bonus payout. Flashed phones DO NOT HELP REPS with their bonuses @ a corp. store.. Now, if its a Business Owner of an indirect I would be doing what you would do taking the time for referrals etc.. Crappy mind set but its reality..

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by yoshix003 View Post
    Basically it comes down to that people that work there DO NOT OWN THE BUSINESS.. Hence, they don't pay rent, or overhead so the mentality of helping a paying/non-paying customer is moot. Its all about achieving numbers to get that bonus payout. Flashed phones DO NOT HELP REPS with their bonuses @ a corp. store.. Now, if its a Business Owner of an indirect I would be doing what you would do taking the time for referrals etc.. Crappy mind set but its reality..
    ^^ Bingo!! .......
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I would like to point out that I work for an Authorized dealer in Lincoln and I always try and give the best service possible. I do flashing here too. I'm not 50 years old or Arabic, and I don't use Verizon, so I know you're not talking about my location . If you're looking for help from someone knowledgeable about devices, how the network operates, and actually does flashing the hard way (doing all the work MYSELF and individually testing my flashes), I'm here waiting. We get almost 0 traffic through our door on most days because of all these indirect dealers. The only thing I don't do here is phone repair.

That being said, there are situations where you come in needing help and there's nothing I can do for you. Corporate likes to make it INCREDIBLY difficult for us authorized dealers to do our jobs. There are many things that I simply cannot do to your account that you would be able to do at a full-service location. Until corporate pulls their heads out of their rear-ends and allows more than ONE full-service location in this market, maybe things will get better. (But I wouldn't ever count on that...)

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058:32335
    I would like to point out that I work for an Authorized dealer in Lincoln and I always try and give the best service possible. I do flashing here too. I'm not 50 years old or Arabic, and I don't use Verizon, so I know you're not talking about my location . If you're looking for help from someone knowledgeable about devices, how the network operates, and actually does flashing the hard way (doing all the work MYSELF and individually testing my flashes), I'm here waiting. We get almost 0 traffic through our door on most days because of all these indirect dealers. The only thing I don't do here is phone repair.

That being said, there are situations where you come in needing help and there's nothing I can do for you. Corporate likes to make it INCREDIBLY difficult for us authorized dealers to do our jobs. There are many things that I simply cannot do to your account that you would be able to do at a full-service location. Until corporate pulls their heads out of their rear-ends and allows more than ONE full-service location in this market, maybe things will get better. (But I wouldn't ever count on that...)
    Sorry I forgot you. I think I know who you are. Sorry I forget your location I still keep thinking that's a empty used car lot.

+1 for you being the only worth while location here in Lincoln to visit

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Hey, no offense taken. I know that we've had some employees here at this store in the past that my regular customers have complained about before. I know the general cricket customer experience in Lincoln is fairly poor. Rumor has it that a lot of these indirect dealers (i.e. the pay advance places) are going to get shut down soon!

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    Hey, no offense taken. I know that we've had some employees here at this store in the past that my regular customers have complained about before. I know the general cricket customer experience in Lincoln is fairly poor. Rumor has it that a lot of these indirect dealers (i.e. the pay advance places) are going to get shut down soon!
    Yea there has been a good number of employees there I didn't care for.
    I'm a paygo user so I get tossed aside worse than the average customers do
    I take care of most my problems myself but when I do go in I'm normal not happy with the in store exp. At most places. Is be very happy to see those advance places stop doing cricket.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

As a district manager for a Cricket dealer in the Southeast, Cricket has changed a lot over the last 7 or 8 years I have been working with them. We all know, COS employees, indirect dealer employees, and customers, that Cricket does NOT have the best customer service in the world. Where Cricket is changing towards dealers, at least some of the really good ones, are getting the ability to FULLY serve their customer. Yes I manage 3 Premier with Service Dealers in the market I work in and can do everything a COS can do except issue OTTO tickets. We also flash in my stores which cost the customer more sometimes. All my employees take their time with customers and make sure the customer comes first. It is hard enough for a dealer to attract and keep good customers, so working with each one is paramount. My employees know this, while others seem to just worry about whatever they can make today and screw tomorrow!

Shorty

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    As a district manager for a Cricket dealer in the Southeast, Cricket has changed a lot over the last 7 or 8 years I have been working with them. We all know, COS employees, indirect dealer employees, and customers, that Cricket does NOT have the best customer service in the world. Where Cricket is changing towards dealers, at least some of the really good ones, are getting the ability to FULLY serve their customer. Yes I manage 3 Premier with Service Dealers in the market I work in and can do everything a COS can do except issue OTTO tickets. We also flash in my stores which cost the customer more sometimes. All my employees take their time with customers and make sure the customer comes first. It is hard enough for a dealer to attract and keep good customers, so working with each one is paramount. My employees know this, while others seem to just worry about whatever they can make today and screw tomorrow!

Shorty
    They have started doing this with the premier locations we have out in the SW region, too. Do you know if corporate has any plans to do this in all markets? Living in an area with only ONE full-service location has been a huge headache for everyone.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    They have started doing this with the premier locations we have out in the SW region, too. Do you know if corporate has any plans to do this in all markets? Living in an area with only ONE full-service location has been a huge headache for everyone.
    Ya they are supposed to be adding them gradually all over from what I am told. When is the big question.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Ya they are supposed to be adding them gradually all over from what I am told. When is the big question.
    Spoke to our IAM and he said they are trying to get ALL Premier Dealers moved over. However, it is up to the IAM and District Directors to push, push , push on their conference calls, that this is the right road. However, they are being very careful with WHO the give this authority to because of their ability to issue credits and such! So, the better our Premier Dealers are, the faster and easier this transition happens. To be considered, you MUST be a Premier Dealer, no standard or payment only locations will be considered.

Shorty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information