Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    June 2013

Will Cricket Honor My $100 Rebate, We will find out, but Customer Service says "No"

Thank you for choosing Cricket Wireless where unlimited music is built in! A representative will be with you shortly to help place your order.
    You are now chatting with Jacob.
    Jacob: Hello, Are you looking to get a new line of service or add an additional line to your current account?
    Andrew: I'm looking to bring my business to Cricket and port my number from MetroPcs
    Jacob: Thanks, can I get the city and zip code you'll be using your service in the most?
    Andrew: I have two phones I'm interested in, price, specifications. Rebate information. 89138 is my zip.
    Andrew: Las Vegas, NV
    Jacob: If we find a device and plan that works for you today you will need a credit or debit card?
    Andrew: That isn't a problem
    Jacob: Have there been any devices that have caught your eye on our site?
    Andrew: Well I'm price conscious but I do want LTE coverage because I currently have it already. So I've been looking at the LG Regard and HTC One
    Andrew: I notice each have a $100 rebate offer.
    Jacob: Yes, that's correct
    Andrew: So the final price after the rebate for the LG is around 109 and 179 for the One, is that correct?
    Jacob: Yes, but it's a mail in rebate, so you get that back.
    Jacob: What features did you need on your plan?
    Andrew: Understood. So the LG is 209 upfront and the One is 279
    Jacob: Correc.tg
    Andrew: I am looking at the $50 LTE plan
    Jacob: Which one would you like to go with Andrew?
    Andrew: Do I need to set up Autopay for the LG rebate or just for the HTC rebate?
    Andrew: And how hard is it to port my number over?
    Jacob: For the HTC One SV, yes. The LG Does not have a rebate at this tiem.
    Jacob: time
    Andrew: There is a rebate listed on the website I believe, it says LG Regard any market
    Andrew:
    https://account.mycricket.com/myacco...d/rebate/16346

Jacob: No, not in Las Vegas. The phone is $209.99. No rebate.
    Andrew: That's why I was confused. It doesn't say that on the rebate. Did you look at the hyperlink I sent?
    Jacob: Yes, that doesn't qualify when the promotion isn't offered in your area.
    Andrew: It says clearly on the rebate form, valid in all Cricket markets, so that makes no sense??
    Jacob: Valid in all Cricket markets that have the offer. You don't get a rebate when it isn't offered Andrew.
    Andrew: What do you mean it isn't offered, it's right on the website?
    Andrew: And it says all markets valid
    Jacob: When you put your zip code into the website, then go to the phone, it is not available.
    Jacob: It's not being offered in your market.
    Andrew: On the form, legally that means all markets
    Jacob: No, legally that doesn't mean anything. It's not being offered. No rebate on the LG.
    Andrew: It says all markets valid and under the terms and conditions side of the rebate it doesn't list exclusions either.
    Andrew: A) Visa prepaid card mail-in offer valid only with the purchase of a qualified Cricket phone and activation on a new or existing line of service from a participating Cricket retail store, an Authorized Agent or mycricket.com between April 7 and June 22, 2013. Valid in all Cricket markets. Reward subject to product availability. Products may not be available in all locations.
    Jacob: Andrew, there isn't an available rebate in your area for that phone.
    Jacob: "Products may not be available in all locations"
    Andrew: I am purchasing from Mycricket.com between April 7th and June 22nd
    Andrew: that product, ie, the phone is available
    Andrew: and I do live in a "cricket Market"
    Jacob: Andrew, again, right now today, the LG Optimus Regard does not have a rebate available for you. The phone is $209.99. You're looking at a form that's only valid IF THE REBATE IS BEING OFFERED IN YOUR AREA.
    Andrew: I live in a "Cricket Market". The area I'm shopping is the Internet and the form is right there.
    Andrew: Being offered online
    Jacob: Being offered in other areas. It's not being offered to you. There is no rebate.
    Andrew: I'm an involved enough shopper to locate said form, said phone, and live in the a Cricket Market
    Andrew: How is it available in "All Cricket Markets" then?
    Jacob: But you're not in an involved area that currently has the rebate.
    Andrew: That seems to be the line that doesn't make sense to your argument.
    Andrew: "Valid in all Cricket Markets"
    Jacob: Andrew, I'm not trying to argue here. The bottom line is the rebate is not available to you currently on that phone.
    Andrew: Do I not live in a cricket Market?
    Andrew: If you are trying to sell me a phone then I must live in a Cricket Market.
    Andrew: If you are saying you cannot honor that form, then legally I would ask where I am excluded in any language of the rebate?
    Jacob: You're excluded because clearly, on our website that you're shopping on, under the zip code you provided, the rebate is not being offered. Again, it's not available.
    Andrew: A) Visa prepaid card mail-in offer valid only with the purchase of a qualified Cricket phone and activation on a new or existing line of service from a participating Cricket retail store, an Authorized Agent or mycricket.com between April 7 and June 22, 2013. Valid in all Cricket markets. Reward subject to product availability. Products may not be available in all locations. B) Customerís wireless service and required features must not have been in suspense when the offer form is processed and validated 45 days after purchase to be eligible for this reward. C) A separate reward form must be completed and mailed in a separate envelope with all requested documentation for each purchase. Limit one Visa prepaid card for each qualified device and wireless number. A maximum limit of 4 reward submissions per person or household/address relating to this offer, and a maximum annual limit of 10 total Cricket promotional offers (including rewards, premiums, sweepstakes and others) per person or household/addresses applies. If more than one purchase is reflected on a receipt, make a copy of the receipt for each submission. D) Cricket and Fulfillment Company assume no liability for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, or postage-due mail or requests that fail to be properly delivered to the address stated on the order form for any reason. Illegal or incomplete requests will not be honored. Void where prohibited or restricted. Sale, trade, assignment or purchase of this reward form or proof of purchase is prohibited. Use of multiple addresses or multiple P.O. Boxes to obtain additional rewards is considered fraud, will be deemed void and invalidate all submissions, and may result in prosecution under U.S. Mail Fraud Statute (18 USC Sections 1341-1342). Cricket reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion at any time and without notice. E) Offer valid while supplies last. Offer does not apply to used/refurbished handsets or on insurance/warranty claims. Visa prepaid card is valid for 120 days after its activation. This offer is not available if discount provided at the point of sale brings the sale price of the phone to or below $0. F) Cricket Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc and managed by Citi Prepaid Services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Card valid through expiration date shown on front of the card.
    Andrew: These are all the legal exclusions, terms, etc. And no where does it state the the website must proactively offer you the rebate for it to be valid to you.
    Andrew: I'm a law student what can I say.
    Jacob: I'm the person selling the phones, what can I say. I am saying the rebate is not available to you, because it is not being offered to you, in your area currently. There is nothing left to argue. Bottom line, it's not available.
    Andrew: Excellent Jacob, I'm going to be buying that phone and mailing in that rebate and posting our entire chat on a few blogs about customer service and sales integrity as well as rebate integrity. I know you can't change it but I appreciate the challenge of winning my rebate. Thank you.
    Jacob: Good luck!
    Jacob: Thank you for chatting with Cricket today. We value your feedback. Please click the Close button at top right to answer a few questions about your experience with us.
    Andrew: I'll keep copies of the rebate, all legal language with it and wait for my $100 gift card.
    Andrew: Have a great day man
    Jacob: Don't think you'll be getting it, because again, it's not offered to you specifically in your area! But good luck!
    Jacob: You have a great day as well!
    Thank you for chatting with us. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Keep us updated.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

I"m betting any online form will be honored no matter the location.

sent from my S3 w/SP's crack ROM.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Andrew as a dealer I am sure you will get your rebate. Everything you said in %100 correct but they just going by what they have in front of them. Just keep your paper trail.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

I may be a bit off base with this but Cricket and all other companies are very screwy to offer new handsets discounts and rebates for new customers and not extend them to current loyal ones. Try that at Home and She'll divorce U.
    Andrew keep posting this and they'll probably send U a free handset.

Thread Information