Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Will a Sprint "Bad ESN" phone work with Cricket?

Hello, so I want to buy an iPhone 5s on Craigslist.com. Some people claim that the phone has a bad ESN. Would I be able to buy the phone and unlock it to Cricket? I looked on the internet and can't get a clear answer. Can someone please help me out and let me know all of my options, thank you!!!
    d
    Last edited by AustinB; 06-03-2014 at 07:01 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
    Hello, so I want to buy an iPhone 5s on Craigslist.com. Some people claim that the phone has a bad ESN. Would I be able to buy the phone and unlock it to Cricket? I looked on the internet and can't get a clear answer. Can someone please help me out and let me know all of my options, thank you!!!
    d
    I don't think that version is even flashable, but bad esn from Sprint is fine.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
    d
    from what i hear..... any device with both IMEI/MEID in the about area is Blocked & or Stolen, it will be on ALL Networks even ATT!

Now if the ESN was clean you could buy a GPP or R-SIM and put device on AT&T, T-Mobile & Cricket but since its stolen you wont know for sure till you try!

i know u can flash the iphone 5 to page plus cuz i has done it... but i was told Sprint wont even activate cuz the meid/imei is not part of verizon, also i was told wont work on cricket & i never try it my self for cricket or sprint iphone 5/5s to crikcet cuz i feel that is the point since March 2015 all CDMA Cricket devices will no longer work. you are forced to go to CRICKET GSM cricket tells u this on there website In RED!

Good Luck!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    from what i hear..... any device with both IMEI/MEID in the about area is Blocked & or Stolen, it will be on ALL Networks even ATT!

Now if the ESN was clean you could buy a GPP or R-SIM and put device on AT&T, T-Mobile & Cricket but since its stolen you wont know for sure till you try!

i know u can flash the iphone 5 to page plus cuz i has done it... but i was told Sprint wont even activate cuz the meid/imei is not part of verizon, also i was told wont work on cricket & i never try it my self for cricket or sprint iphone 5/5s to crikcet cuz i feel that is the point since March 2015 all CDMA Cricket devices will no longer work. you are forced to go to CRICKET GSM cricket tells u this on there website In RED!

Good Luck!
    Thank you for the detailed response! Now if I want to buy an iPhone 5s and put it on my cricket plan, what carriers can I look to buy, with or without "bad ESN"? And where should I go to get it unlocked?

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

5 can be flashed, 5s cannot. Don't confuse those two. Many Sprint 5s usually need to be unlocked by sprint reps. Unlocking ATT version will cost you quite a bit.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    5 can be flashed, 5s cannot. Don't confuse those two. Many Sprint 5s usually need to be unlocked by sprint reps. Unlocking ATT version will cost you quite a bit.
    i heard sprint will never ever unlock their iphones for domestic GSM in usa

Thread Information