Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Would you change Cricket's data plans or policies?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (rather fed up with the way things are)

12 52.17%
  • No! (it is fine for me)

3 13.04%
  • Perhaps they could use improvement.

8 34.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Hexley, you're saying the current plan, with 3G, should include insurance at the $55 rate, and for the 4G plan it should be an additional $5/month more (basically a 4G fee) and include insurance also?

That is actually a good idea. Cricket can be one of the only companies that include insurance in their rate plan!
    Id actually buy a new cricket phone if they did

Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

Hexley, you're saying the current plan, with 3G, should include insurance at the $55 rate, and for the 4G plan it should be an additional $5/month more (basically a 4G fee) and include insurance also?

That is actually a good idea. Cricket can be one of the only companies that include insurance in their rate plan!
    You got it. The extra small fee a month would make a huge difference in the cost of maintaining orbital birds in space. But, in order for this to work, Cricket would have to find willing investors to invest in a network Cricket will own rights too. Any extra money made at the end of the tax year would go towards paying the bills to other providers Cricket is using at the moment. I know right now this is just a rough drawing of an idea, but maybe there are investors out there wanting to look into this as a future deal for data communications.

If such a thing was to really happen and it works, I would be willing to sell out $10,000 US dollars as an investor to Cricket if they decide to do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    You got it. The extra small fee a month would make a huge difference in the cost of maintaining orbital birds in space. But, in order for this to work, Cricket would have to find willing investors to invest in a network Cricket will own rights too. Any extra money made at the end of the tax year would go towards paying the bills to other providers Cricket is using at the moment. I know right now this is just a rough drawing of an idea, but maybe there are investors out there wanting to look into this as a future deal for data communications.

If such a thing was to really happen and it works, I would be willing to sell out $10,000 US dollars as an investor to Cricket if they decide to do such a thing.
    I kind of want to say that Cricket can lose money by giving out the insurance for free, but there is a deductible too. I'm pretty sure they don't lose money on that. If anything, they probably break even. So, it would be a good idea to include that for free and invest the other $5/month into the network.

I hope Cricket starts to monitor this forum and join us in the discussion. That would really be good.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

I kind of want to say that Cricket can lose money by giving out the insurance for free, but there is a deductible too. I'm pretty sure they don't lose money on that. If anything, they probably break even. So, it would be a good idea to include that for free and invest the other $5/month into the network.

I hope Cricket starts to monitor this forum and join us in the discussion. That would really be good.
    You are right, Cricket would lose money unless they continue to charge a fee for a replacement phone, or deductible. I would like to see the people in charge of Cricket coming in here and interacting with the fine people in these forums. If Cricket wireless did so, they would learn a lot more from the masses whom use Cricket and to better understand what matters more in the service we all pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    You are right, Cricket would lose money unless they continue to charge a fee for a replacement phone, or deductible. I would like to see the people in charge of Cricket coming in here and interacting with the fine people in these forums. If Cricket wireless did so, they would learn a lot more from the masses whom use Cricket and to better understand what matters more in the service we all pay for.
    Yes, exactly. Now we just need to figure out how to get noticed..

I can handle the 7.5 GB cap but throttling to

1605185281.png

From

1579257370.png

Is HORRIBLE!

Phone
    Droid x

I would love if my android had a 7.5 gig cap, I got 1 GIg cap (or 2, idr)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Yeah, the android plan cap is currently set at 1GB.

As an employee at an authorized dealer, I very rarely see customers go over their data caps. I would, however, like to see Cricket offer a plan with no cap. As it is right now, it is not a very practical solution for someone who wants to do a lot of online gaming, downloading, streaming video etc... someone who is on the $45 plan could hit their data cap after watching a couple episodes of TV shows on Netflix, which stinks.

I've always been curious if they would be able to make it so certain websites don't count to your monthly limits. Netflix is a HUGE service here in the US, and I feel like Cricket could attract more broadband customers if they could use services like Netflix without worrying about their use limits. Just my 2 cents.

Phone
    Droid x

If they can do it with muve, they should be able to with other services but probably for a free and a agreement with that company (lets say cricket and Netflix agreement) so bandwidth wouldn't be used with it. But probably wont happen

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    Yeah, the android plan cap is currently set at 1GB.

As an employee at an authorized dealer, I very rarely see customers go over their data caps. I would, however, like to see Cricket offer a plan with no cap. As it is right now, it is not a very practical solution for someone who wants to do a lot of online gaming, downloading, streaming video etc... someone who is on the $45 plan could hit their data cap after watching a couple episodes of TV shows on Netflix, which stinks.

I've always been curious if they would be able to make it so certain websites don't count to your monthly limits. Netflix is a HUGE service here in the US, and I feel like Cricket could attract more broadband customers if they could use services like Netflix without worrying about their use limits. Just my 2 cents.
    Well I watch movies, show, YouTube, and so on. I have reach my 1gb data cap. I reach a new high and I still get great speed. I wonder if it something I did but i have reached 7gb with in 2 weeks. Am sure it has gone up higher but have not check.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I really think they need to revise the throttling more than increase the soft cap. What is the minimum speed to run Netflix? They should at least reach that speed. The current throttling is just too slow. Sure, you can do some basic web browsing, but not much else.

It was said that Cricket is going to have more data options. So, we'll see what options they come out with.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

I agree! I burned through the 1 gig downloading apps n watching videos, this is my first android so i got excited n burned through the data

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by beto0216 View Post
    I agree! I burned through the 1 gig downloading apps n watching videos, this is my first android so i got excited n burned through the data
    I can understand the excitement. Now you know if you plan to just purely download a lot of stuff, wait till a wifi connection is available and then take everything on the go with you. Enjoy your device.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I can understand the excitement. Now you know if you plan to just purely download a lot of stuff, wait till a wifi connection is available and then take everything on the go with you. Enjoy your device.
    That's a great suggestion.

Downloading over WiFi can really help keep usage down. I averaged about 2 GB per month and after I started using WiFi I got my usage below 250 MB.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information