Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Full Flash Verizon Droid Incredible 2 to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, Internet

The Droid Incredible 2 features updated hardware compared to the original Incredible. Now this is a global phone. You can get the unlock code from many sites. What does this mean? This means you'll be able to use the phone in GSM areas. If you want to buy a prepaid card to service you in areas that Cricket doesn't service, great. If you want to go overseas and get a SIM card, great.

This is also one of the easiest phones to fully flash to Cricket. At the time of this tutorial the official Gingerbread release has not been made public. The tutorial covers placing it on the $55 Android plan.

If you obtain root for the device, it can also be put on the $45 plan. The easiest method of doing this is GreenK45 (it is currently being redone at the moment). Please refer to our EVO thread about using u2nl and autostart to setup the phone for the $45 plan.

This tutorial will most likely work for those on Gingerbread.

Let it be known that sometimes Cricket says they have put you on the $55 Android plan, but they put you on the All in 55 Plan (5m5). This is not where you want to be. You're paying 10 more bucks a month for absolutely nothing over the 45 dollar plan.

We offer plan change for free to forum members. Just use the contact us link at the very bottom of this page. Supporting members of the forum receive additional benefits such as free ESN changes on your account. No more paying $15 every time you change phones. To become a Supporting Member, just go to the settings up top and find Paid Subscriptions on the left hand side. Choose a membership level of your liking. Also use the contact us form for any modifications you need made to your account or additional help.

Anyways moving right along. We'll establish the items that you will need. This is usually similar across the board.

A. QPST (QPST Version 2.7 Build 355)

B. HTC Diagnostic drivers for most HTC devices (attached on this thread [32 and 64 bit])

C A Windows PC with either Win7, XP or Vista plus your Evo 3D with a USB cord.

D. PRL (*STICKY* Official Cricket PRL Thread)

E. CDMA workshop (google) OR CDMA Workshop 2.7 Download) to get the MSL (aka SPC) if you don't know it already.

F. OPTIONAL: Android SDK which includes ADB drivers. (
    Android SDK | Android Developers

)

Please watch the video and use the tutorial here. It helps to use both.

Programming

If you have a brand new device, read below. If not skip past the ------------- .

Working with new devices (never activated)

If you are stuck on the activation screen, try the following:

Go ahead and hit activate, as the device is making the call, hit back and then home. This should unlock the phone and then you can program it.

If this doesn't work, use the emergency dialer and dial ##3424# talk. Then you can install the diag drivers and move on.

------------------

This is the point where you will be using QPST. Use this tutorial to setup the Droid Incredible 2 correctly. Note that the mobile IP behavior can be on Mob + Simp f/b with this device.

Ignore any NV read errors you get when writing to the phone.

( http://www.cricketusers.com/flashi...s-cricket.html )

Once you get done with this part, talk and text will work. If you are on the $55 Android the Internet should work.

MMS

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Just edit the "your10digit#here" part with your phone number and save this.

Place it on your phone's SDCard under a folder called "apnbackuprestore". Then open the Android App APN Backup and Restore (included in this thread and on the Market) on your Evo. Backup the stock settings. Then delete APNs and restore the new APNs you just created.

You should have everything working now. Talk, text, MMS, and Internet. There are a few more steps left to enhance the experience. Below is my attempt to fix a step that I left out.

YOU HAVE COMPLETE THE FULL FLASHING TO CRICKET. ENJOY!

UPDATE: Visit
    http://www.revolutionary.io

for root information.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 09-15-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

I've got talk, text and internet working but the internet won't work in the browser. It connects with apps and such but in the browser it doesn't work. What can be the problem?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Interesting. What plan is this phone on?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

It's on the $45 plan

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

So you rooted it and used GreenK45 or u2nl and autostart or did you just modify the proxy settings?

Yes it's rooted and I've used both Greenk45 and u2nl & autostart with the same results. Tried just the proxy setting but I got nothing from that either.

Also I've installed and tried many different browsers and the only one that works is Opera Mini

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Any luck yet? Was superuser permission granted for the appropriate items?

Yeah it's fixed somewhat. I flashed Miui 1.7.8 and the cricket/sprint hybrid prl and that seemed to fix it. But it still doesn't work with sense based roms

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

need the nv items

needs the global nv items

Phone
    Droid Pro(rooted)

hi so ive been doing my homework on this device and i need some simple help if possible. ive done all steps to a T and all ive gotten is a 1x with bars jumping up and down for signal but no s.u permissions or how to root my device because revolutionary doesnt read my device when it gets to the fastboot portion. the laptop im on is vista but im going to try with my win 7 64 and start over because i cant get this p.c to read fastboot drivers. can someone point me in the right direction or help me out here. thank-you Z

P.S-im on a dinc2 with 2.2.1 only so does that man i have to upgrade like with the droid x that ive switched from that got thrown out a window...
    Last edited by Z_newb; 09-11-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: added info regarding issue

I just dealt with the same issues, and i amcurrently filly rooted. alpharevx is for froyo and revolutionary is gingerbread, but since GB has been released for sometime now, alpha revX is no longer working. They have stopped, and have focused fully on the GB root. So, with said, you need to download GB ruu and flash it in Hboot. This will automatically udate your Froyo 2.2.1 to GB then you will need go through set up again on your Incredible 2. Now after you do this, plug in your phone to your PC and remove the GB ruu if you dont it will flash it everytime you go into Hboot. After removing GB go ahead and run revolutionary and bam ur now S- OFF, but not rooted still yes S is OFF and ClockWork MOD recovery installed, but now you need to plug your phone back in and drop the SuperUser Zip on the SD card. Then go ahead into recovery and flash it and now you are rooted. Here's the link to the GB ruu offical OTA
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07...ngerbread-ota/

when you download this you need to rename the file to PG32IMG................NO .ZIP your computer automaticall will attach the .zip to the file. good luck

Ok, I'm running GB 2.3.3 OTA on my rooted Incredible 2, and I took my phone down to an authorized Cricket Dealer who said flashing the phone can be done, but the data will only last a couple of months then it would need a new PRL. Is there any truth to this? Now, I dont really care if i do need to update the PLR every so often or not. The problem I'm having is, the phone was with verizon, but has not been active for about 90 days. I flashed it while I was at the store, because I needed a cricket number. So, it flashed, it rebooted and I had a green indicator light up in the status bar area, but i had no signal. I was unable to call to verify it was fully flashed so , the guy didnt charge me for the number. Any thoughts or suggestions? I was thinking of trying to flash it back and start over, but dont know if its necessary. but my concern is when running QPST the MEID # is not the MEID on the phone. This one has letters in it. So, I'm unsure if this is the problem, or where to go from here. I love this phone n really dont want to buy another one just to join cricket. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thx

why is it everytime i try to load the apn settings it gives me an error msg. "error parsing xml error parsing document. (postion:line-1column-1) ect"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information