Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

This may be a little obvious to some but this tutorial really needs to mention that for the whole process to work, an ESN change is needed. I was able to fully flash my Incredible 2 with the $55 smartphone plan. I also used this tutorial granted I did skip steps 1-4:
    CRICKET PST Settings Thread! by Ryan Mogul - xda-developers

2. Remove this advertisement.

My phone won't go into diag mode. It used to, but I tried to put it back into diag mode again to change my PRL, but it just stays at the dialer screen. Any ideas as to why?

Guys Im getting my droid incredible 2 tomorrow and will need to flash it
    Are there any updated links for the download needed to do this or can anyone share the software?
    Thanks Robert

ok, first off...the tutorial was great, thanks alot. i followed the instructions and got everything working. . . .however, i cant get the settings to stick. to be more clear, everytime i dial *228 or reset the phone everything goes back to the original verizon settings and the prl reverts to 58008. if anyone has experienced this or can lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. also tried doing the changes from EPST as i used to with the eris and others and the result is the same. and there is a number "31600" as the service provider.
    Last edited by wolfdragon; 11-28-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: additional info

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Just do dial *228. It should stick and don't remember where it was said if u change a setting in cdma or qpst. I can't remember, sorry.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Just do dial *228. It should stick and don't remember where it was said if u change a setting in cdma or qpst. I can't remember, sorry.

Thanks for the speedy reply...That's what i figured too, except i tried it 3x and in the middle of the OTA programming it just cut off without completion. i am in the process of trying a stock rom to see if the "virtuous affinty" rom is causing it. S/N: the ROM itself is pretty sweet and smooth...i may have gotten carried away and flashed a new rom b4 flashing my phone. :/... will post an update after my efforts. if anyone has any other ideas they are more than welcome

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

went the way of the iphone for a while and lost a few basics...i know this is an extremly noobish question but better safe than sorry. if i load the stock rom from HTC/verizon will i loose root on the revolutionary method and if so will have a head ache trying to regain?

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

so i guess the rom (more importantly my eagerness) casued the problem...fixed it with Skyraider's preview. so HU to all cricket users, if u plan on testing the virtuous rom set make sure to have ur base settings properly configured b4 proceeding. ahhhh... im beat, an tomorrow i put this thing through some pases in the CLT market

no mms, followed steps

So far I've really enjoyed the speed, setup, and overall experience of the HTC incd 2 on cricket....I have a question though. I followed the steps to key for achieving mms but I still can't send one. I made the xml and loaded it using apn restore, but I get a general error everytime I try to send one....any ideas?

Phone
    3VO

MMS

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="wap.mycricket.com" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Or

<apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Or

<apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Try many different ones to give u mms. Hope this will help and if it does let me know.

this is why I keep cricket

So...maaaaad props to avillal87. The result was combining xml 1& 3.^_^

Phone
    3VO

Glad it worked man/girl

<--dude..-,- I got a ?, I get my mms just fine but a few contacts say they get empty pics. Any thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Phone
    3VO

Reduce the size in the mms settings.

I have talk text working but the MMS isnt working.......can someone please help

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Im still getting error when i try to restore apn with the xml i copied

copy below and add your phone number. enjoy

<apns count="1">
    <apn name="cricket" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="04" apn="mms" user="your 10 dig number here" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="" mmsc="
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

" type="mms" />
    </apns>

alright guys ive got a brand new incredible 2 im currently a cricket customer on the 55 dollar plan with another phone... i want to fully flash this phone i dont care if its rooted or not i just want it to work perfectly under cricket i would like have this phone...

ive never done this before i need every bit of information available anywhere from is it possible to use the same number i have on the current cricket phone, is it possible to activate this phone without the incredible 2 being active at verizon. please message me to the user name it would be much appreciated thanx much

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information