Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Phone
    Droid X2, Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by Scur View Post
    1. Droid Explorer doesn't see my phone. It was going fine until that point.

2. "if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say (yournumber@mycricket.com )etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password."
    I figured out how to open port 10, but how do I read my settings? I can't find MIN mip2,PPP, mynumber@mycricket.com, etc. in any of the tabs. I thought maybe to try the EFS Explorer, but it just hung up retrieving dir and file info, then closed after a couple minutes.
    So I found some phone data by right clicking on the phone and clicking properties. Apparently my number is (000)000-7459. Nothing here is working for me.

Here's a question. I read to put my phone in PC mode, then shutdown, then plug in to power up the phone. The phone has to be plugged in to get into PC mode in the first place. So do I plug into the USB, go into PC mode, shut down, unplug the USB, then plug it back in?

edit: Nope, plugging the USB back in doesn't startup the droid. But if I plug in the USB, select PC mode, power down leaving the USB in, it starts right back up on it's own.
    Last edited by Scur; 09-03-2011 at 08:17 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Droid X2, Ascend

So I found some phone data by right clicking on the phone and clicking properties. Apparently my number is (000)000-7459. Nothing here is working for me.
    Ok, I have to run QPST Service Programming (It installs like 14 things, had to try a few of them before I found the right one.)

Phone
    Droid X2, Ascend

GreenK45 isn't on the market, but it's in this thread. http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...2445-plan.html

Phone
    Droid X2, Ascend

I can't get it to work. My issue is that the NVRAM file that whiterabbit generates puts a bad phone number on my phone. I'm going to practice some Google-Fu to find an alternate way, but any hints would be welcome...

edit: lol Tis a night of learning. So it doesn't matter if whiterabbit puts in a bad number, I have to change the phone number after the fact with QPST. How, I can't figure out yet.
    Last edited by Scur; 09-04-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Overall activity: 28.0%
    Phone
    Moto Droid 3

Quote Originally Posted by Scur:21689
    1. Droid Explorer doesn't see my phone. It was going fine until that point.

2. "if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say (yournumber@mycricket.com )etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password."
    I figured out how to open port 10, but how do I read my settings? I can't find MIN mip2,PPP, mynumber@mycricket.com, etc. in any of the tabs. I thought maybe to try the EFS Explorer, but it just hung up retrieving dir and file info, then closed after a couple minutes.

Here's a question. I read to put my phone in PC mode, then shutdown, then plug in to power up the phone. The phone has to be plugged in to get into PC mode in the first place. So do I plug into the USB, go into PC mode, shut down, unplug the USB, then plug it back in?

edit: Nope, plugging the USB back in doesn't startup the droid. But if I plug in the USB, select PC mode, power down leaving the USB in, it starts right back up on it's own.
    first check to make sure your drivers are installed, then make sure debug is on and you're in pc mode.

Overall activity: 28.0%
    Phone
    Moto Droid 3

Quote Originally Posted by Scur:21705
    I can't get it to work. My issue is that the NVRAM file that whiterabbit generates puts a bad phone number on my phone. I'm going to practice some Google-Fu to find an alternate way, but any hints would be welcome...

edit: lol Tis a night of learning. So it doesn't matter if whiterabbit puts in a bad number, I have to change the phone number after the fact with QPST. How, I can't figure out yet.
    whiterabbit doesn't put anything in, you do it on the site and generate the file, after that you send it to the phone using cdma workshop,after u have prl flashed dial *228 to get the rest,make sure the phones esn is on your account before dialing *228.

Phone
    Droid X2, Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by techdigital View Post
    whiterabbit doesn't put anything in, you do it on the site and generate the file, after that you send it to the phone using cdma workshop,after u have prl flashed dial *228 to get the rest,make sure the phones esn is on your account before dialing *228.
    Yeah, I was talking with chrisngrod a little last night and got it figured out. Basically, I'm just putting in the NV items and PRL code, and I have to change my phone number internally (which I'm still trying to figure out how to do.) Then I add my ESN to my account and dial *228, and that should do it (for the $55 plan.) Sound about right?

No 3G icon?

Well, i have gotten as far successfully after the texting and calling part...but the part to get to the 3G...i can't seem to get that and for some odd reason when i use the QPST program, the settings are exactly as it mentioned in the steps like it was there already. Weird? Meaning that it was just there as mentioned and i didn't had to edit anything.

Phone
    Droid X2, Ascend

My issue is that I can't put in a hybrid PRL code, even though chrisngrod said that's what I should use. It just says it's an incorrect code. So I ended up using the 42900.prl file. And I still can't figure out how to change my phone number.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Hey Tech, I am having trouble getting MMS to work on my the X2. I followed the tutorial, but still cant send or receive. Any ideas?

Phone
    Droid X2, Ascend

Well, I've spent several days fiddling and researching. I've found out I'm in a triband area, but the X2 isn't a triband phone. This means that I might be able to get data for a while, but odds are I'm going to be cut off. And you don't always put your number everywhere this tutorial says you do. Some places are for the MDN and some are for the MIN. They aren't always the same. So, I've got to restore my phone to stock condition and use Verizon. Cricket isn't an option for me anymore. This is why I should have done more research before I committed to buying a phone to flash.
    Last edited by Scur; 09-11-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perezares View Post
    I am stuck in the QPST part. When i try to connect it says "Online connection failure: Unspecified Error" Please Help
    I'm having the same issues, but on an HTC Evo Shift 4G, using a USB cable. I am curious, another forum had a specific AT command to send to the phone!?!?! Any thoughts?

Also, I am installing HTC Sync, just to see if there is a communication protocol I am missing.

EDIT:: I found my issue, was using an outdated QPST!
    Last edited by Willy-bill; 09-23-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Found error

Hello, new member here. I'm just curious if anyone succesfully flashed their x2? I have one coming to me here in Vegas and don't know if that is true about being in a triband network, if that even matters.
    Well, I'm a total newb when it comes to flashing a phone as I've never done it before...wish me luck. I'll post my results.

Thanks Josh

No luck. Phone seemed to go through the whole flashing process just fine, step by step. Converted meid to 18 digit numerical # cricket tech support asked for and still couldn't get phone to activate.
    Went down to corporate store and was told something about Vegas has newer (network) towers or something like that and other phones like this one uses different frequencies.

So, I had them reactivate my other (ascend 2) phone.

Anyone know if that's true about the phone having different frequencies and can't be flashed to use in my (vegas) network? The rep. at the cricket store told me they had me on the music plan instead of droid. So, that really makes me question if they know what the hell there doing or if that had something to do with me not being able to activate the phone?

I really don't feel like putting this phone up for sale if I'm able to actually use it on cricket or another prepay carrier.

Perhaps I'll just suck it up and switch to Verizon until they (cricket) works things out with Verizon or whatever it would take?

Thanks

Edit: after looking into more prepay carriers I found out the straight talk uses verizon network for cdma phones. I haven't found out yet if they use 3g or not in my area. If so I may give them a shoot? page plus also seems like a good option.
    Last edited by Slash; 10-02-2011 at 10:09 AM.

I have a DX and I followed your instructions and everything went along fine till we got to running the Gingerbreak . and it just keeps running and never reboots .. . I found a update on another site for the 1.20 . But still nothing . Should I just load another rom if so do you have one that you suggest ... I am a nuebie . I guess you can say but This does all make some sense to me ..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information