Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    No luck. Phone seemed to go through the whole flashing process just fine, step by step. Converted meid to 18 digit numerical # cricket tech support asked for and still couldn't get phone to activate.
    Went down to corporate store and was told something about Vegas has newer (network) towers or something like that and other phones like this one uses different frequencies.

So, I had them reactivate my other (ascend 2) phone.

Anyone know if that's true about the phone having different frequencies and can't be flashed to use in my (vegas) network? The rep. at the cricket store told me they had me on the music plan instead of droid. So, that really makes me question if they know what the hell there doing or if that had something to do with me not being able to activate the phone?

I really don't feel like putting this phone up for sale if I'm able to actually use it on cricket or another prepay carrier.

Perhaps I'll just suck it up and switch to Verizon until they (cricket) works things out with Verizon or whatever it would take?

Thanks

Edit: after looking into more prepay carriers I found out the straight talk uses verizon network for cdma phones. I haven't found out yet if they use 3g or not in my area. If so I may give them a shoot? page plus also seems like a good option.
    Contact me for a rundown on flashed phone usage in your area.

As far as Straight Talk goes, I think I read somewhere that they only use Verizon when they have to. I believe they also have a GSM network they're sharing and Verizon's network is kind of a fallback network. A thread on another forum stated that if you are always on Verizon's network, you might just get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Timwiseman View Post
    I have a DX and I followed your instructions and everything went along fine till we got to running the Gingerbreak . and it just keeps running and never reboots .. . I found a update on another site for the 1.20 . But still nothing . Should I just load another rom if so do you have one that you suggest ... I am a nuebie . I guess you can say but This does all make some sense to me ..
    Droid X or Droid X2? If you're loading ROMs then you're probably already rooted... You also only need root if you're trying to use the phone on the 45 dollar plan vs 55 dollar Android plan.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Ok I think I'm missing something here. 1st I followed the instructions to flash my droid x2. But after reading more of the people that aren't having success. I've noticed there is an additional step that cricket actually has to finish the flash? I currently have the zio but i want a more robust phone so I got my hands on a droid x2 thinking I could flash it over. So am I right in understanding that not only do I have to follow the instructions ..I also have to contact cricket?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Cricket doesn't have to do anything during the actual flashing process. Let's say you went into a store and bought a new shiny Cricket phone. Would it work after you purchased it? Well the answer would be no if they didn't put it on your account. The only thing that has to be done other than flashing it properly (punching in all the correct information that corresponds to your Cricket account and more specifically your phone number) is the ESN change on the account. They have to associate the new phone with your account just like any other phone would have to be.

We offer this service as a courtesy to our supporting members. I know it can sound confusing, but it's really not. Every time you purchase a CDMA phone from any carrier, they have to put it on your account or activate it.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

That makes sense..I don't mind becoming a supporting member. There are two reasons I'm interested in this: 1. cricket makes more sense than a standard cellphone plan and 2. learning. I am assuming I flashed the x2 right. But I won't really know til I get my account associated with the phone lol.

would i still be able to flash my x2 if i don't have a phone number or service yet? and then take it in to a store to get it activated? thanks..

Sure you can flash it. However it won't do anything until you get an account to associate it with crickets network. That's not completely true you can still use the wi-fi and use it to surf the web like a tablet .

what would i need to do about my mdn that i need to get from whiterabbit?? would i just skip all of those steps?

Whiterabbit creates a file ..that cdma workshop will write to your nvram...basically the places where your mdn should go. you can use all zeros as your number or 10 zeros. and still use that file to write to your phone.

Thanks ill give it a go n let y'all know how it goes..

What would be the best prl to use for dallas tx?? specifically irving tx.. but i'm all around the metroplex.. thanks guys..

Ok guys. I established com10, IP is correct with correct port settings. Cdma workshop links to port. When i go to SPC and send 000000 it gives me a fail, phone won't answer. Drivers where installed before device touched computer, USB debugging was activated. This isn't my first flash but ya. I don't understand why they won't comunicate? Is there a way to throw the dx2 into diag mode?

Quote Originally Posted by fosho View Post
    Ok guys. I established com10, IP is correct with correct port settings. Cdma workshop links to port. When i go to SPC and send 000000 it gives me a fail, phone won't answer. Drivers where installed before device touched computer, USB debugging was activated. This isn't my first flash but ya. I don't understand why they won't comunicate? Is there a way to throw the dx2 into diag mode?

did you set the phone to PC Mode when you first connected it to your computer? Also did you disconnect the usb cable after you set it in PC mode, turn the phone off and plug the usb cable so that it will turn the phone on? I had to do that the first time for some weird reason but after that it was fine.. Also just make sure you did not typo and put in an extra 0 or leave one out.. i've done that before and it sucked because i couldn't figure it out for 30 minutes.. LOL.. just my 2 cents..

:-D

Well damn. I messed up on the set to PC mode then disconnect, power down then plug in and let it auto power. That was kind of a "huh" moment. Lol. Thank you kind sir. Problem fixed.

No Problem. Gook to know that I helped someone out.

1st tnx for this guide. hey new b hear im stuck at the QPST password (Wrirte to phone) so i put password, phone#@mtrp_s.com and then i click write to phone, it all looks good. but as it finishes. it loses connection from phone. so phone does not self restat. and HW virtual port switches from connected to Connecting. i try 4 times different port#. cant get the 3G icon at the top of the phone. dont get app and net. im on the $40 plan, will this work. or do i have to upgrade. i have Droid X2 2.3.4 so i Rooted w/MotorolaOneClickRoot.
    i get phone servc and txt, but no pic, net, apps, any clue???

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information