Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Question Phone works but no texting or internet

Hi,

I just had the forum owners change my ESN for me and put me on the $55 plan. I can now make calls on my newly Flashed Droid X2 My texting doesn't work and it doesn't seem like my 3G works.

I live in Utah and used the 42900 (I think) PRL. Should I try the one that is specific to my area? Sorry if this is a "Rookie" question, just want to get everything working. Thanks in Advance!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

If you do not have a 3g sign: it is either you NV items or MIP/PPP settings.
    Texting should work automatically if talk works...
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Question

PROBLEM WITH FLASHOVER TO CRICKET ($55-plan)>

Starting with my (rooted) GB 2.34 X2 (from prev Verizon user/friend) ... I was able to follow the tut reasonably ok up to a point as follows.

* I repeatedly-verified that after following steps for setting PC mode/USB debug /Remove USB/ Shutdown > Replacing USB > DID NOT Turn phone back on. ~ HOWEVER.. by leaving the USB connected then the phone WOULD restart on it's own (as also reported by Scur earlier).

After triple-verifying all Moto-drivers successfully installed (had to clear & reinstall w/ motohelper using 5.0 drvrs) Just finally had to just continue by simply allowing phone to restart after shutdown with USB still connected. ((Q?: Why doesn't the phone restart when USB plugged back in? -- could this be a driver issue?))

Assuming it's all good cuz:
    Installed/Launched HW-vsp3 with no probs (after finally getting correct motodrivers instal'd
    --> then first ensured NVT Enabled was *unchecked*.

* No prob gaining com10 connection with 192.168.16.2/11008 (both VSP/ LAN good)
    * No prob sending SPC 000000 > reported correct (unlocked)
    * No prob writing PRL (45513MyCricketForumDotCom.prl) * Went to wrabbit gen'd NV items using my MDN -- then success writing 12 NV items (as reported successful- no apparent prob)
    BUT THEN... While in cdma-ws (just after writing the 12 NV items successfully)... when I click Mode;Reset.. nothing happens!

In other words, the phone does NOT 'reset/restart'. AND.. immediately thereafter if trying to click Mode;Reset a second time.. cdma-ws reports 'Failed..Phone does not answer'.

I've gone back over the steps several times very carefully each time. As far as I can tell, each step in the routine succeeds right up to the very last phone reset/restart attempt using MODE:Reset in cdma-ws. There must be something in the steps i'm missing and maybe just can't see it... or could it possibly be the USB-insert/restart issue at the very beginning?? -- Anyone have any ideas??

Thanx ~ didi

[edit added info]
    Other Info: Couln't get cdma-ws (as bundled in techdigital's fileset to install.) Disabled AV..and several restart attempts to no avail. -- Finally located a free (pre-reg'd?) cdma-v2.7.0 copy elsewhere. ((Q?: Could this be an eval with certain functions disabled? [like Mode:Reset?]... ??))

If so then it shouldn't successfully allow any/all of the other write_functions either right?

Current phone Status:

Mobile netwrk type: CDMA - 1xRTT
    Sig Strenth: -90dBm 0 asu
    Network: shows as 'unknown'
    Service State: in service

System version: 1.3.380.MB870 Verizon.enUS
    Android ver: 2.3.4
    Kernel ver: 2.6.32.9-00005-g2440aba
    Build numb: 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30
    ERI ver: 5
    PRL ver: 45513
    Last edited by DiDi; 12-28-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: add status + info

Quote Originally Posted by DiDi View Post
    PROBLEM WITH FLASHOVER TO CRICKET ($55-plan)>

Starting with my (rooted) GB 2.34 X2 (from prev Verizon user/friend) ... I was able to follow the tut reasonably ok up to a point as follows.

* I repeatedly-verified that after following steps for setting PC mode/USB debug /Remove USB/ Shutdown > Replacing USB > DID NOT Turn phone back on. ~ HOWEVER.. by leaving the USB connected then the phone WOULD restart on it's own (as also reported by Scur earlier).

After triple-verifying all Moto-drivers successfully installed (had to clear & reinstall w/ motohelper using 5.0 drvrs) Just finally had to just continue by simply allowing phone to restart after shutdown with USB still connected. ((Q?: Why doesn't the phone restart when USB plugged back in? -- could this be a driver issue?))

Assuming it's all good cuz:
    Installed/Launched HW-vsp3 with no probs (after finally getting correct motodrivers instal'd
    --> then first ensured NVT Enabled was *unchecked*.

* No prob gaining com10 connection with 192.168.16.2/11008 (both VSP/ LAN good)
    * No prob sending SPC 000000 > reported correct (unlocked)
    * No prob writing PRL (45513MyCricketForumDotCom.prl) * Went to wrabbit gen'd NV items using my MDN -- then success writing 12 NV items (as reported successful- no apparent prob)
    BUT THEN... While in cdma-ws (just after writing the 12 NV items successfully)... when I click Mode;Reset.. nothing happens!

In other words, the phone does NOT 'reset/restart'. AND.. immediately thereafter if trying to click Mode;Reset a second time.. cdma-ws reports 'Failed..Phone does not answer'.

I've gone back over the steps several times very carefully each time. As far as I can tell, each step in the routine succeeds right up to the very last phone reset/restart attempt using MODE:Reset in cdma-ws. There must be something in the steps i'm missing and maybe just can't see it... or could it possibly be the USB-insert/restart issue at the very beginning?? -- Anyone have any ideas??

Thanx ~ didi

[edit added info]
    Other Info: Couln't get cdma-ws (as bundled in techdigital's fileset to install.) Disabled AV..and several restart attempts to no avail. -- Finally located a free (pre-reg'd?) cdma-v2.7.0 copy elsewhere. ((Q?: Could this be an eval with certain functions disabled? [like Mode:Reset?]... ??))

If so then it shouldn't successfully allow any/all of the other write_functions either right?

Current phone Status:

Mobile netwrk type: CDMA - 1xRTT
    Sig Strenth: -90dBm 0 asu
    Network: shows as 'unknown'
    Service State: in service

System version: 1.3.380.MB870 Verizon.enUS
    Android ver: 2.3.4
    Kernel ver: 2.6.32.9-00005-g2440aba
    Build numb: 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30
    ERI ver: 5
    PRL ver: 45513

This has happened to me a few times.. just restart your phone manually and it should be ok.. you can verify your changes in each field by re-reading them from the phone.. or checking your phone number in the phone information menu.. also you can check the prl on the phone in the same location as your number..

Phone
    droid x

Help! After I write the prl i go to write the nv items.... but when i click to write it says that i must send spc to phone before writing nv items ..... i already sent the spc code before writing... help plz.
    Last edited by jose mata; 01-02-2012 at 08:28 PM.

So frustrating. I installed the motohelper drivers off of my phone, and it pulled additional drivers off of windows update, but I cannot create a virtual port

1/7/2012 7:08:06 PM : Sending test ping to 192.168.16.2 device1/7/2012 7:08:06 PM : Can't create serial port COM10
    1/7/2012 7:08:06 PM : Connected device 192.168.16.2
    I wont have real internet till Friday (at the latest) so I cant really download stuff over a few kb in size right now, but this is going to cause serious issues if I cant get these phones to flash. I'm guessing this cant be done on Win7 64 bit. Even tried several compatibility mode options, and tried to track down a possible diag mode for the X2. Any ideas?

**EDIT: Wrong VSP version. Here's hoping the correct version downloads

**EDIT 2: As of right now i believe the phone is bricked. I tried to program my number and MIN using ##PROGRAM after successfully writing the cricket prl because CDMA workshop kept stopping the NV write at the first item. It reset, then put itself into airplane mode and will no longer respond to CDMA workshop. As above I previously got the "You must send SPC before writing NV" prompt. Picked a hell of a phone to get into this mess with, but I do believe there is a way to bring it back and flash it. If all else fails there's the shop at the mall that does flashing.
    Last edited by SunBee; 01-08-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by SunBee View Post
    So frustrating. I installed the motohelper drivers off of my phone, and it pulled additional drivers off of windows update, but I cannot create a virtual port

I wont have real internet till Friday (at the latest) so I cant really download stuff over a few kb in size right now, but this is going to cause serious issues if I cant get these phones to flash. I'm guessing this cant be done on Win7 64 bit. Even tried several compatibility mode options, and tried to track down a possible diag mode for the X2. Any ideas?

**EDIT: Wrong VSP version. Here's hoping the correct version downloads

**EDIT 2: As of right now i believe the phone is bricked. I tried to program my number and MIN using ##PROGRAM after successfully writing the cricket prl because CDMA workshop kept stopping the NV write at the first item. It reset, then put itself into airplane mode and will no longer respond to CDMA workshop. As above I previously got the "You must send SPC before writing NV" prompt. Picked a hell of a phone to get into this mess with, but I do believe there is a way to bring it back and flash it. If all else fails there's the shop at the mall that does flashing.

https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droidx2

You will have to try super hard to get Droid X2 to brick. So, it is not bricked as of now. Get the SBF and RSD from the link above. Make sure drivers are up to date. Put the phone in bootloader. Open the file in RSD and flash the sbf.
    Droid X2 can be flashed on any windows XP, Vista or 7 (bits won't matter). BEFORE sending NVs always make sure spc is sent otherwise the phone WILL be damaged and you will need to sbf it. DIAG mode is PC mode on motorola phones.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by dina View Post

https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droidx2

You will have to try super hard to get Droid X2 to brick. So, it is not bricked as of now. Get the SBF and RSD from the link above. Make sure drivers are up to date. Put the phone in bootloader. Open the file in RSD and flash the sbf.
    Droid X2 can be flashed on any windows XP, Vista or 7 (bits won't matter). BEFORE sending NVs always make sure spc is sent otherwise the phone WILL be damaged and you will need to sbf it. DIAG mode is PC mode on motorola phones.
    Yeah I actually got the phone to flash just fine after I turned off a setting somewhere (should have written it down, think it was an nvt setting) and it's active on my account now. When internet comes in tomorrow I will download the SBF and RSD just to keep onhand, but I still think trying to force the flash/manually programming the number in myself was a pretty bad idea despite the good outcome.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by SunBee View Post
    Yeah I actually got the phone to flash just fine after I turned off a setting somewhere (should have written it down, think it was an nvt setting) and it's active on my account now. When internet comes in tomorrow I will download the SBF and RSD just to keep onhand, but I still think trying to force the flash/manually programming the number in myself was a pretty bad idea despite the good outcome.
    Good job and yeah NVT needs to be unchecked.

GreenK45

Hi,

I switched from a old droid to a x2 (2.3.4), its rooted and did a full flash.. pretty much everything working on it except the 3g. I used the GreenK45, it got its su permission, 3g icon comes up, but the program sits in enabling please wait and just sits there and doesnt end.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated!

*installed busybox and that cured it! thanks for the info!*
    Last edited by netiblue; 01-13-2012 at 10:19 PM.

I could not get my X2 to root at all with the Gingerbreak method on the flashing tutorial, what I did was install a system update over wi-fi to 2.3.4 and then tried a one-click solution called
    root your phone with zergRUSH

and that only takes around a minute and seems to work every time.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Just flashed my first Droid X2. No root, $55 android plan. Used CDMA WS (full version) to write all settings and NV items, and used an anycut shortcut to modify APNs for MMS settings. All worked without a hitch!

Overall activity: 2.0%

When I do the MMS APN setups, it will my PIX messeging will work for a day and it quits, if I re-do the procedure it will work again ( for a day or 2 and quits ) why is this??

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

Corey, a few questions before I blindly try to muddle through an answer

Plan 45/55?
    How did you set your APN settings (there are a few ways)?
    rooted?

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I cannot get 3G to pop up no matter what I can do, as far as I know the password "cricket" is not sticking, but everything else is..

Tried QPST, CDMA workshop.. nothing seems to work..

I use to have no problem with this phone, but the last 2 I've done have had the same exact issue.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information