Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Flash help please on the $45 plan

Last night I flashed by x2 using the tech tutorial, I was already on the $45 plan in Crickets system so I wanted to try that flash method first.
    1. I added my phone number to the phone using the whiterabbit and CDMA workshop and used PRL 42900
    2. Gingerbreak 1.20 would not work at all for me, I had to root my phone with a 1-click solution called ZergRush
    3. I changed the QSPT setting as follows to my actual phone number-
    (QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say (your number@mycricket.com )etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.
    Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
    select write to phone.
    Phone will now restart.)

4. I installed Greenk45 and it enabled 3G.
    5. I did the MMS solution:Go to Market and download Apn Backup and Restore
    .Open and Delete all APNS
    .RESTART PHONE, I CANT STRESS HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS!
    .Go to market and Download and install Anycut, Open it and choose Activity,Scroll down and select APNs create the shortcut then exit
    .click the apns shortcut you just made, it should be on your main screen
    .hit menu button and select New APN
    .Enter these settings into your apn
    Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy
    wap.mycricket.com

:8080

Port 8080
    Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password cricket
    Server
    wap.mycricket.com

MMSC
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy
    wap.mycricket.com

MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type <Not set>

.Hit the Menu button again and hit save!

*****My question now is that I have still never called to add the esn to my Cricket account, I am lost at this point do I need to call Cricket now to add my esn? and then do I still need to dial *228 at all for the correct PRL? or will 42900 just hopefully work?

also if the phone does not work the way I want it to on the $45.00 plan what changes to I need to make or reverse to the phone to get it back to only working with the $55.00 plan?

also with the tech install pack its not suppose to contain any real trojans or viruses ......but something keeps turning off my XP Windows firewall and I have to keep manually turning it back on, my avgscan last night also detected 25 threats when normally I would have zero, any suggestions?
    I also just tried to do a system restore to the point before the app installs last night and of coarse it fails, the only 3 programs installed are QPST, HW Virtual port and Virtual Serial port Emulator. Should I try to un-install any of those?

Last edited by HAMMER37; 02-03-2012 at 03:15 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Um, do the ESN change plz.

After the ESN change to I then just check to see if the phone is working on PRL 42900? or do I need to *228?
    what changes to I have to do or reverse to make it work on the $55 plan if I do not like the $45 one?

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER37 View Post
    will 42900 just hopefully work?
    42900 will probably work fine.

what changes to I need to make or reverse to the phone to get it back to only working with the $55.00 plan?
    uninstall greenk45 is about all i can think of.

also with the tech install pack its not suppose to contain any real trojans or viruses ......but something keeps turning off my XP Windows firewall and I have to keep manually turning it back on, my avgscan last night also detected 25 threats when normally I would have zero, any suggestions?
    run malwarebytes and combofix. Google them.

If I uninstall just the Greenk45 what about the changes I make in QDST that I wrote to the phone? the below part:
    I changed the QSPT setting as follows to my actual phone number-
    (QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say (your number@mycricket.com )etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.
    Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
    select write to phone.

Does any of that need to be reversed somehow or changed?

Gold Member

No, greenk45 has nothing to do with QSPT settings. QSPT settings are like flashing a computer BIOS. Greenk45 settings are like setting values in a computers modem/router.

So if I leave the QPST settings that I wrote to the phone already that will not affect the phone at all on the $55 plan?
    Last edited by HAMMER37; 02-03-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Gold Member

Thats right. Unless the QSPT tutorial has settings for different plans then it works for all plans.

If I decide to sell this phone but want to keep it flashed to Cricket what steps do I need to take to get my cricket phone number off the phone?
    What steps do I need to tell the buyer to make to get there own number programmed into the phone to get it working if I sell it?
    Last edited by HAMMER37; 02-03-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

two points:
    1. CDMA workshop crack is always detected as a virus... it is not. It says specifically in the tutorial that you need to turn your antivirus off for it. This is completely standard for this software. If your scared of getting a virus, delete the CDMA workshop folder and go buy it.
    2. make sure you take your MIN and MDN out of the phone, pritty much program it with the phone number 000-000-0000. that will make sure the other person you sell it to cannot use your internet. (if you leave your numbers in there cricket 3g will still work on the other phone)

I fully understand the false positive as a virus, .........but the problem is that ever since I installed and used it only the one time my Windows XP firewall now turns it self and off and then back on at random probably at least twice a hour. I un-installed it and no change. Also tried a system restore and they all fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestelence View Post
    two points:
    1. CDMA workshop crack is always detected as a virus... it is not. It says specifically in the tutorial that you need to turn your antivirus off for it. This is completely standard for this software. If your scared of getting a virus, delete the CDMA workshop folder and go buy it.
    2. make sure you take your MIN and MDN out of the phone, pritty much program it with the phone number 000-000-0000. that will make sure the other person you sell it to cannot use your internet. (if you leave your numbers in there cricket 3g will still work on the other phone)

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

Well totally off topic but I would try a spyware scanner - Spybot S&D is always good

Thread Information