Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

I don't even know how to describe this

I have my X2. Just got it. It came with 2.3.5, which (in my case, nothing would root). So, I did a factory reset, wiped cache, etc. SBF'd back to 2.3.4.

Followed the instructions here, to a T. COULD NOT GET IT TO ROOT. Man, I tried the D3 v7 script, Pete's tools, Superoneclick, Droid X2 Tool, and Zergrush. Nothing worked. I searched around, and finally found instructions for a manual root using adb shell @ xda LINK:
    HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2 - UPDATED [14DEC2011] - xda-developers

Followed it to a T.

Now, I have superuser on there from the root, but not busybox. I downloaded JRummy's busybox and it says Im rooted, but won't install any version of busybox at all, and yes I tried them all.

I tried that other busybox app from the market. That one says I'm not rooted.

Rootchecker says I'm not rooted.

When I try to update Superuser's binary's, it says I'm rooted, but when it attempts to gain root access, I'm denied.

Titanium backup says I'm not rooted as well ( I miss it when the Problems? button was there)

AND WORST OF ALL< GreenK 45 says I'm not rooted.

I've got to get this phone going. My grandson dropped my last one in the toilet. It won't turn on now, at all.

I rebooted both my computer and my phone in between these attempts, and I have SBF'd back a couple times (to 2.3.4) as well.

I'm completely lost. I've flashed my DX's so many times I can't count, HTC Evo 4g's, Iphone 4s, etc. I'm not really noob territory. But I am lost.

Can anyone throw me some help here? Please?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Ok so I came across this on a couple of devices including a DX and a DX2. When you root the device, sometimes you have to open Superuser in order to jump start the elevation of permissions. Also, look in Superuser under the logs and see if anything was denied.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

After the root processes that I've tried, of which the only one that worked somewhat was the manual one, I had opened up superuser. That is how I tried to update the binaries for it, where I described above that couldn't obtain root access. Also noteworthy, I do not get prompted when I open any root-requiring program to allow or deny in superuser. I'm doing this phone for my wife, and well, I am not getting positive reviews right now.

Any other suggestions?

Okay, I got it rooted. I had to do a factory reset on my phone, opting to reset everything and erase everything, I even erased the sd card just to be safe (i know it was prob unnecessary, but I did it anyways)

I used pete's moto tools to root it, rooted no problem. Installed Voodoo OTA rootkeeper, then updated to 2.3.5, restored the root, and PRESTO! I have a rooted 2.3.5 DX2!

Now, however, there is an interesting development.

I can't flash to Cricket.

Before I fixed the root issue, I could connect to my phone with CDMA and QPST.
    Now that I fixed the root, I can't. YES Enable NVT is Unchecked, like I've said, I've done this a few times.

However, I believe that the issue is because when I put my phone into PC Mode and then turn it off, it WILL NOT turn back on when I plug in my USB cord. The USB works fine, because I can switch it to any other mode when the phone is on, and access the SD, etc.

How do I get past this, what can I do? I'm almost there. PLEASE HELP!!!

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Silly question. You have Android debugging turned on?

Are you able to switch modes without the cord plugged in?

What version of CDMA WS and QPST are you running?

My DX2 was easily rooted using Pete's Motorola Root Tools. I didn't take the ota to 2.3.5 because I wanted to rom my phone. That and I've seen it causes more problems than it'd be worth.

Sent from my 1.89GHz CM10.1 Cricket S3
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I tried doing a factory reset, thinking maybe that would help. Now, for some reason, I can't even get HWVSP to connect. Just says Error under VSP

HELP!

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

yes debugging is enabled... should have said that earlier....

CDMA v. 2.7 and QPST v. 2.7 build 3.66

switch modes without the cord plugged in? I didn't know you could do that....

Okay... another update, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the drivers for the phone on my computer. When I went to connect my phone, now, on the phone, I am no longer prompted to choose the usb connection

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Let me charge my X2 and I'll follow your steps. Honestly you may just need to leave it on 2.3.4 to be honest

I just said screw it... I'm SBF'ing back to 2.3.4. Hopefully keeping it there will work. I'll let you know

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

You can flash it by connecting to networking port fyi

just an update, now im back on 2.3.4 and to not being able to flash, this is getting really aggravating....

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by jnk2469 View Post
    just an update, now im back on 2.3.4 and to not being able to flash, this is getting really aggravating....
    Are you on 64 bit windows?

yes I am... 64 bit Windows 7....

The STUPID THING will still not turn on when I connect the USB .... I think if I solve this, I will have the problem fixed.... How to I fix this???

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by jnk2469 View Post
    yes I am... 64 bit Windows 7....

The STUPID THING will still not turn on when I connect the USB .... I think if I solve this, I will have the problem fixed.... How to I fix this???
    Problem #1: The 64 bit Moto drivers are crap. Known problem.

Unplug the USB cord when the phone needs to reboot. Inconvenient yes but a definite work around

you mean during root. okay, ill try that. But I. Still have the issue of the phone not booting automatically when I plug in the subject. according to the tut, I need it to do that to flash it..... is there any way to fix this?

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

are there any ideas how to fix it so that the phone willing boot when the usb is plugged in?

still won't root man I'm losing my patience with this thing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information