Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by jnk2469 View Post
    still won't root man I'm losing my patience with this thing
    I'm out and about now but when I get home I'll go over it step by step

Sent from my 1.89GHz CM10.1 Cricket S3
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

okay, I SBF'd, and deleted everything once again, and installed the motorola device manager software, which comes with the drivers for the phone. Now, the phone will boot when the usb plugs in, but so far, still no root. Even with the unplugging trick.

why won't this stupid thing root?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I'm telling you the Motorola drivers are just that bad

My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

is there any way around it? im willing to let someone do it over team viewer, lol. thats the point im at... i mean, ive never had such problems... ive done my dx1 loads of times, plus a droid pro, iphone4, 4s, htc evo 4g, and more...

if i cant root it, its worthless without mms and internet... is there anything i can do?

PLUS< i went ahead and did the flashing to cricket just so there would be phone calls.... after flashing it, I tired to call my landline, and it said something about collect calls. So, i hit *228... it tells to to not hangup until the programming is finished, and then tells me they are unable to activate my phone. I'm so lost. My wife is ready to kill me because I spent $150 on this phone and can't get it to work.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

would the lack of a root access be interfering with flashing it? I don't see how that's possible, but ... oh hell. I'm just completely out of ideas. I've been working on this 3 days straight man.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I just did ##program on the dx2... it has my min set the same as my mdn... which is not the case on my dx... the min is 4233560000, and my my mdn is my phone number.... that's not right, is it? that isn't how I set it in cdma.....hmmm? any clues?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Do you have a 32 bit machine or a 64 bit machine running 32 bit os? That's about the only way I'm aware of. Using those softwares under Wine in Linux won't help either regardless

I've been known to switch to my old Windows XP laptop for Moto device flashes just because of that issue. When I do a site flash (I flash for people while they're at work) I take both laptops with me just incase or if they tell me ahead of time, I grab my WinXP laptop. Let me test a workaround that I had to do when I installed the Sammy drivers so I could do my OTA.

no, i don't. both of my comps are 64 bit... please, i really appreciate it. thanks for your help. my wife is ready to sell it. id prefer we didnt. thanks so much. maybe if a couple other people got in here, and we bumped heads, we could figure this out...now with the programming messed up to, i just dont know what to do.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Well if you can get into the Programming Menu you can actually set it to use cricket. Look for the Home System info. There should be a 4 digit number. You would simply need to replace it with the 4 digit node id for your city. Let me SBF my X2 and I'll look up all the info for you. Chattanooga TN?

YES! I live in Chattanooga... zip code 37412!

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

i would be changing the cdma system id, correct? under user activation?

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

it is currently set to 2004.... not sure where that is for...

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

google tells me the correct number is 4381 for chattanooga... is that what you got?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

google tells me the correct number is 4381 for chattanooga... is that what you got?
    Yes that would be the right system ID. Louisville KY is 4755 so that definitely sounds right being that parts of Ohio are 4300ish and up. Verified that's the one for Chattanooga

cool ill try it and let you know

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

cool ill try it and let you know
    Enter it, reboot the phone, then dial 611. If it says welcome to cricket you're set

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information