Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

X2 flashed to Cricket have a spf ? and a rom ?

I have my Moto X2 fully flashed to Cricket I am currently on stock 2.3.4 I want to flash to 2.3.5 (412) and then flash the Elclipse 2.1 Rom. The problem is though is that I have to SPF again to 2.3.4 first because the 2.3.5 flash is not working on my current 2.3.4. When I SPF to 2.3.4 am I going to lose my Cricket flash??? I am going to have to re-flash it to cricket? and if so do I flash it to Cricket once I get back to 2.3.5 then flash thm the Eclipse rom?? or get all the way to the Eclipse Rom and then perform the flash??
    is there any way of doing the above without re-flashing the cricket carrier??
    Last edited by HAMMER37; 03-04-2012 at 11:52 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

it's even worse than that..... This is not for the faint of heart, and it can brick your phone. When you SBF it goes back to stock, yes you lose your flash and all your data! do not flash to cricket again untill after you install eclipse.

No, there is absolutely no way to do this without losing all of your flash and data, period (try it and you will either brick or be stuck in a boot loop)

There, now that that is out of the way,
    These sites helped alot. Make sure you read all three pages and the notes below, repeat read EVERYTHING before you start.

Read everything on these three pages,
    SBF -
    [GUIDE] How to SBF an X2

Updating to 235 after SBF and how to install custom rom -
    • View topic - [REF] How to go from 2.3.4 to Eclipse 2.0.4

Eclipse install and download guide -
    • View topic - [ROM] Eclipse 2.1 (2/27/12)

Notes that will help:

Overview: (follow the tutorials on the sites listed above, they have more detailed instructions)

root, backup just in case, download all tools and data to SBF, then....

you have to SBF, delete all data and caches, update to 2.3.5, root (zerg rush), install recovery, delete all data and caches, then install eclipse 2.1, then re flash to cricket.

I also had two issues when re flashing to cricket with eclipse.

1. four corners and battery pull did not work to bypass activation, the solution I found:
    How to bypass activation on Droid X2

Posed by:
    Nerdslogic

[OP]

How to bypass activation on Droid X2

I don't know if anyone is aware of this but the previous method of touching the four corners to bypass activation does not work on the X2. However I figured out how to do it so I thought I would share.

Power on phone holding volume down, when you see fast boot keep taping volume down till you see "Boot Android {No BP}" and press volume up.

It will boot you into Google Setup....just click the green guy then select the "skip" option for the rest of the setup. When you get to the location service consent section with the 3 options just don't select any and you will boot to the regular homescreen with no service.

From there you can root your device or whatever without Google restoration getting in the way.

2. was unable to connect with HW serial port, there is a solution: http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...m-install.html

I know that's a lot of info... but I did a LOT of searching in these forums, on google, and reading all over the place before I started, still had to do it twice because I didn't clear my data and got stuck in a boot loop. Had to SBF again and start over, about threw my phone multiple times. It was WORTH IT, Good luck to you.

Last edited by Pestelence; 03-04-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Thank you for all the detailed info, I do have a couple of questions for you, when you said that it was all WORTH IT would you please give me some examples of what it is in your opinion the advantages and the any dis-advantages of what you gain over the stock with the Eclise 2.1 Rom please. thank you.

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

Good and bad eclipse 2.1

The bad: didn't fix the original issue I was trying to fix which was my a2dp on my stereo. Lost my dock app. Lost the default blur music player. Was a lot of work, and had to setup my phone and fllash all over again. No easy menus to set mp3's as ringtones or notifications.

The good: my phone is FAST, like wow fast. No lag or redraw. Phone boot time is minimized. Puts the power widget that comes with blur in the pulldown along with a flashlight and a few other things when you turn it sideways. Completely unlocks hdmi. Swaps the sd and internal storage mount location names (am able to use my phone through USB on my stereo now) . Found easy workaround for mp3's you just create a specific folder structure on the sd card and limit your flies name length on the mp3's. Dock app os replaced with a clock app, same functionality. Screen rotates your docks if you want it to-very cool. Over all I am very pleased with the rom.... just wished my a2dp bluetooth didn't suck on this phone. Oh and no lag on emulators now . Blur music player is replaced with google music player, still getting used to it. Almost forgot, the home screens and hotseats are customizable. You can have 2 or 4 hot seats and 9 home screens.. whew. The app page is also really cool
    Last edited by Pestelence; 03-04-2012 at 04:05 PM.

When you say completely unlocks HDMI, what do you mean exactly? What HDMI features do you gain?

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

you get to see your screen, anything that is on your screen will display through HDMI, it also has an overscan adjustment. pritty cool.

Does the stock 2.3.4 allow anything to be seen on a HDMI screen that the phone is showing? or only video? there is a overscan setting built into the stock.

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

Hdmi

Hdmi stock only allows an Hdmi "dock" Screen that allows you to show pictures and video, that's it

One other question that I had is that I was informed on another site that I could still just flash the Eclipse 2.1 over my rooted stock 2.3.4 and it would be fine. I still don't know why I can't get the 2.3.5 (412) update to flash I put back all the bloatware that I had removed with Titanium back up so the flash should work but it always fails.
    If I did just flash 2.1 over my 2.3.4 would I be fine? what would I be missing from 2.3.5?
    I think if I could just do it over the 2.3.4 I would still be rooted and I would still have all of my Cricket settings wouldnt I? since there would not be any sbfing. Do you know if this is possible and if my flash would retain?

also:
    1. How do you assign a mp3 as a ringtone in Elipse?
    2. Can I just use a app like Poweramp as my primary music player?
    3. one thing that I forgot to mention is that I got this x2 used and for some reason the camcorder does not work at all, it records video but no matter what resolution I record in all the video files output-ed all read as cannot play/corrupted would the Eclipse rom give me back a working Camcorder??
    4. also you said the dock disappears, do you mean like the 7 pages and the 3 profiles? or do you mean the function where you can make group docks? or both of those?
    Last edited by HAMMER37; 03-05-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

Ok....

Ok... so can you put the rom on 2.3.4. Im sure you can, but will you experience issues? Probably, the rom is based on 2.3.5 so totally up to you.

Search the forum, I put up a post about ringtones

Dock as in multimedia dock, you loose the app

Its just like the stock, you can install any app you like, that includes media players

So, just a note of caution, I have explained the correct way to do the rom. You are already experiencing issues with your phone. Something is wrong in your current stock rom. That does not bode well for installing eclipse. Build your house on a shoddy foundation, and its gonna fall down. Recommendation: do the install of the rom the way the devs say to do it, period. It's all over their forums, don't follow directions and you will experience issues. You have been warned. Good luck

Thanks for all of your help and I am going to do the rom the correct way, do you know if the eclipse rom will take care of my camcorder issue??

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

Yep

Yep, it actually should work just fine right after you SBF to 2.3.4. Sbf restores your phone back to stock

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

your Rom install go ok? - just in case you wanted to see, I had some time to put my home screens in this thread - http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...escreen-2.html

Thread Information