Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Full Flash Sprint HTC Evo 3D to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, Internet

Name:  Evo3dBox.jpg
Views: 6020
Size:  93.8 KB

Look at the highlighted part. That said, let's fully flash this phone to Cricket!

This is a revolutionary phone and hopefully some we see some of it's technology in other phones.

At this moment there is no 4G with Cricket. They have already made moves to establish a partnership and have an LTE network. It has been rumored that Sprint is even trying to move away from the Clear 4g network (WiMAX). This means that you will have no 4G service when you flash this phone. I believe the radio gets it's authentication by MAC address so it might be possible to put this on a Clear account. One of my customers said he was able to do this with his Epic that I flashed. He was also a Clear reseller.

Until we get permanent root, this tutorial will just cover putting the device on the $55 Android plan.

Update: Root has been achieved. We'll write about the $45 plan also.

Let it be known that sometimes Cricket says they have put you on the $55 Android plan, but they put you on the All in 55 Plan (5m5). This is not where you want to be. You're paying 10 more bucks a month for absolutely nothing over the 45 dollar plan.

We offer plan change for free to forum members. Just use the contact us link at the very bottom of this page. Supporting members of the forum receive additional benefits such as free ESN changes on your account. No more paying $15 everytime you change phones. To become a Supporting Member, just go to the settings up top and find Paid Subscriptions on the left hand side. Choose a membership level of your liking. Also use the contact us form for any modifications you need made to your account or additional help.

Anyways moving right along. We'll establish the items that you will need. This is usually similar across the board.

NOTE: At the very end we'll include some wireless tethering instructions.

A. QPST (QPST Version 2.7 Build 355)

B. HTC Diagnostic drivers for the Evo (attached on this thread [32 and 64 bit])

C A Windows PC with either Win7, XP or Vista plus your Evo 3D with a USB cord.

D. PRL (*STICKY* Official Cricket PRL Thread)

E. CDMA workshop (google) OR CDMA Workshop 2.7 Download) to get the MSL (aka SPC) if you don't know it already. Alternative would be MSL reader from the Market or attached below.

F. OPTIONAL: Android SDK which includes ADB drivers. (
    Android SDK | Android Developers

)

Please watch the videos and use the tutorial here. It helps to use both.

SPC/MSL Obtaining

Skip through all these screens on the EVO 3D until you are at the home screen. Go into the phone dialer and hit ##3424#. You might have to hit talk after this. It'll cause the phone to go into DIAG mode. You'll see the device on your computer. Use the diagnostic drivers (specify their specific location) to complete the install.

Now you can find your MSL using CDMA Workshop.

For CDMA Workshop, the port number has to be fairly low. I think we're talking about under 30. You'll see when you start it though. Look at your device manager to figure out the port that it's on. Select that port and then hit connect. Go over to the security tab and for SPC hit read. It'll give you your MSL/SPC. The best thing to do here is to use the SPC button then SEND command to send this number back to the phone and unlock it. Then type in 000000 or some number that's easy to remember. Hit the SPC button and WRITE. Now the MSL/SPC is 000000 or whatever you typed. This is all you need to do with CDMA Workshop.

Programming

This is the point where you will be using QPST. Use this tutorial to setup the EVO correctly. Note that the mobile IP behavior must be Simp or you will get errors on your Evo from time to time.

Ignore any NV read errors you get when writing to the phone.

( http://www.cricketusers.com/flashi...s-cricket.html )

Once you get done with this part, talk and text will work. If you are on the $55 Android the Internet should work. However...

Working with new devices (never activated)

If you watched the video, between part 1 and 2 we have a little change in plan here. This was due to the fact that our device was brand new and never activated. The hands free activation kept on popping up, and we don't believe the device had accepted all of the programming at that time. Our hunt led is to Sprint's website.

Dial ##(and your SPC, we set it to 000000)#. This will open up the EPST menu. Click edit mode. Put in the proper Mobile Directory number (your phone number) and the MSID (your MIN). Hit the menu button and then select commit modifications. The phone will reboot.

Once the phone has rebooted, go to the dialer again and hit ##data#. Click edit mode and enter your SPC for access. Make sure the settings look like it does below:

Active Profile: 1
    User Name: yournumber@mycricket.com (put your phone number in this)
    Reverse Tunnel Preferred: Enable
    Home IP Address: 0.0.0.0
    Primary Home Agent: 0.0.0.0
    Second Home Agent: 0.0.0.0
    HA Shared Secret: cricket
    AAA Shared Secret: cricket

You can try hitting menu and commit modifications, but it will most likely tell you there were no changes made. Back out, go to advanced and then continue with the multimedia streaming setup below.

Media Streaming

Youtube videos might not play unless you modify some settings. Sprint by default routes media through their servers. To change this dial ##data# from the dialer on the Evo. You will get to the EPST settings. Click edit and then enter the MSL. It will prompt you for a password which is the MSL aka SPC.

Once you get past that, go to advanced > RTSP Proxy Address (for stock Gingerbread it's advanced > RTSP/HTTP Setting > RTSP Proxy Port). Make this 254.254.254.254. Also make the HTTP PD Proxy Address 254.254.254.254. Also change the ports for both of these to 0. Back out and you should be good.

MMS

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns>
    <apn name="Production" numeric="310012" mcc="310" mnc="012" apn="1" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Just edit the "your10digit#here" part with your phone number and save this.

Place it on your phone's SDCard under a folder called "apnbackuprestore". Then open the Android App APN Backup and Restore (included in this thread and on the Market) on your Evo. Backup the stock settings. Then delete APNs and restore the new APNs you just created.

You should have everything working now. Talk, text, MMS, and Internet. There are a few more steps left to enhance the experience. Below is my attempt to fix a step that I left out.

YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FULL FLASHING TO CRICKET IF YOU ARE ON THE $55 ANDROID PLAN. ENJOY!

This is an addition to our guide. As time progresses and software updates are pushed to phones, methods for flashing can change.

Originally post on XDAdevelopers by jtheis:

--Start--

cricKet MMS for Sense 3.5 Roms

First download this
    zip

everything you need is in it.

In this zip there is an mms.apk and telephonyprovider.apk

With root explorer move them to /system and set permission to rw-r-r

Then got to /system/app and delete your mms.apk (both odex files if your rom is odex)

Then go back to /system folder and move the new mms.apk and telephonyproviders.apk to /system/app (if your rom is odex you will now have to delete the telephonyprovider odex files, deodex it will automatically overwrite).

Now if you get FC's it is all good just pull the battery and hold volume down and power button to reboot into recovery. If you dont get FC's still reboot into recovery.

Now in recovery wipe cache and dalvik then fix permissions, then reboot.

After rebooting open apn backupandrestore (get it from the market) hit backup apns do this so it will make a folder on your sdcard.

Now go to the folder it just created and delete the xml in it

Now from the cricket zip you downloaded earlier there are two xml's, if you got a flashed sprint phone use the sprint(the same if you have a flashed verizon phone) move it to your apnbackrestore folder on your sdcard.

Now open up the xml with text editor by long clicking on it in root explorer scroll down and hit text editor and where it has xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com replace the x's with your phone number, then menu and click save & exit.

Next open apn b&r and delete apns and reboot.

After reboot open apn b&r again and hit restore apns and hit the the xml you just moved there then reboot

Thats it you should now have working mms on sense 3.5

Dont forget under the mms setting to set the limit to 500k that is the most cricket will allow you to send

--End--

$45 Plan Mods

Using this plan is not condoned by the forum. There are methods which have been posted far and wide. Since the site attempts to combine all Cricket knowledge in one place, we have listed methods for informational purposes only. You are subject to Cricket's policies and any violation of them could result in account closure.

Root the device:
    http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...y-2-3-3-a.html

Use GreenK45 to get the proxy setup correctly (easiest and preferred method).

Alternatives (2 different methods):

1 - Autostart/u2nl (our second choice)

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:\android\tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:\android\tools
    Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,

cd c:\android\tools <enter>
    adb shell <enter>
    mkdir /data/opt/ <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb remount <enter>
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    Now:
    adb shell <enter>
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb reboot <enter>

Install Autostart from the Market or download it form the bottom of this post and install it. Reboot the phone (sometimes it will take more than 1 reboot) and give the Superuser Permission box a few seconds to pop up. Autostart will be looking for permission. Grant it.

2 - Anycut/proxy (least preferred and only gives you web browsing)

Install Anycut and make a shortcut to the activity Proxy Settings. That will place a shortcut on your homescreen to these settings. If you put wap.mycricket.com and port 8080 the Internet should work. I've had less than stellar luck with this. Autostart and u2nl are preferred.

That is the end of the instructions for the $45 plan.

Issues:

TEXT: It is possible that your text messages will come in with the wrong time. If this is the case, you can download SMS Time Fix from the Market and set it up however you prefer.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 01-19-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

Wil this also work for the htc evo 4g on 2.3.3 which was never activated

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I've either never come across an EVO that was never activated OR it never gave me problems. I'd try the same method. Post up in the Evo 4G thread though and ask others. If you flash before there is a root method, you'll have to be on the $55 Android plan like this one.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Glad to see you posting this. Thanks Chris

Send from my HTC EVO powered by MikG v2.2

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post
    Glad to see you posting this. Thanks Chris

No problem... I try. I'm thinking about picking up another Evo 3D for myself and getting rid of the DINC already. I've only had it a few days, but I don't think my unit is sending me overseas anytime soon...

So I want the 55 dollar plan because I believe they have different settings for the internet, its too slow on the 35 dll plan ??

P.S: So how can I add a 55 dll plan of the android to my account? when I try to do it says you dont have a phone compatible with this plan?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You have to be on the $55 until they get a permanent root. You might be able to do it with the temporary root, but I think it'd be a pain. Any lower plan requires u2nl/autostart or GreenK45. Using Anycut and changing the built in proxy settings usually sucks and only allows for browsing... No app Internet or Market.

The phone has to be marked as a CPE Smartphone Android OS or a Cricket Android phone. Then Cricket can change it once you pay the prorated amount. You will most likely not be able to change your plan through mycricket.com's self service interface.

what can I do in my case than? what do you suggest?

UPDATE: I just checked and I indeed have my phone as a CPE- Smartphone- Android OS, so not sure how I can get the android plan?
    Last edited by JuanPerez; 07-11-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Supporting Member

really excited to try this thanks

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by JuanPerez View Post
    what can I do in my case than? what do you suggest?

UPDATE: I just checked and I indeed have my phone as a CPE- Smartphone- Android OS, so not sure how I can get the android plan?
    Yes just call Cricket and upgrade. You'll have to pay the prorated amount for the days left till the next billing cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by catman25 View Post
    really excited to try this thanks
    No problem!

Ok so Im in the android plan but not sure why my 3g speeds are slow I feel like I have edge or worse???

Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Quote Originally Posted by JuanPerez View Post
    Ok so Im in the android plan but not sure why my 3g speeds are slow I feel like I have edge or worse???
    Cricket slows your data after 1gb of use. Go to mycricket.com, log in, go to your account and check your usage history. See if you exceeded the 1gb.

I have used like 12mbs lol

do you need to use meid from evo3d for activation or can you activate on cricket without it?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Yes you need to give us or whoever changed the active phone on your account the MEID in decimal format. Starts with a 2.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information