Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by vampy View Post
    Hi guys, I am being prompted to update my HTC Evo 3D recently, but I haven't done it yet because I am scared it will mess up my flash. I am tired of seeing the update there and it won't go away, is there a way i can make it go away or is it ok to update the phone, will i not lose my flash?
    Never accept ota. New update will not let downgrade and it hit roam more. I think I can still root and install custom roms. Also u will receive a new bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

great tutorial!!! thank you

Edit: Nvm. Just got off the phone with a cricket rep and they answered my question.
    Last edited by androidRIOT; 02-19-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by androidRIOT View Post
    Edit: Nvm. Just got off the phone with a cricket rep and they answered my question.
    Hope they gave you the right answer.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Hope they gave you the right answer.
    Me too. They said to go to any cricket dealer to have my phone flashed and set up a cricket account since I don't have one now. Unless there's a way that you guys know of to set up an account without buying a phone so I can use my 3d

Quote Originally Posted by androidRIOT View Post
    Me too. They said to go to any cricket dealer to have my phone flashed and set up a cricket account since I don't have one now. Unless there's a way that you guys know of to set up an account without buying a phone so I can use my 3d
    i just took my phone in and asked to open an account told them i was gonna flash it myself and laughed at me told me it wouldnt work on the 45 dolor plan. i told them ohh well and to please add it regardless they did so. just tell them they will add it before its flashed

just make sure to ask for the M.I.N. when you are in the store they had no problem giveing it to me

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'd visit authorized dealers. I think a good number of them will understand what you are trying to do. If you're close to any of these in Wisconsin you might want to check them out. We just started this map a couple of days ago..

Cricket Authorized Dealer Map - Cricket Users Forum
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I followed every one of your instructions except the 3.5 sense mms instructions obviously. I'm on stock unlocked hboot 1.50 with sense 3.0. Every apn configuration is giving me trouble. I can receive mms perfectly with your apn configuration but sending does not work. I've tried changing the picture size to as low as 300k but nothing will work. Any ideas?

I also have followed the tutorial but have issues. I have tried looking into it but haven't found much unless i looked over it. Everything seems to take on the phone but I wanted to test the flash before I get my phone esn swapped over. The lady at the cricket store said she was going to charge me $15 for esn swap even if it didnt hold so she said to try dialing 1800cricket and it should work if the flash worked. I get the sprint error still "Your account cannot be validated, Please call customer support... yada yada" So I looked over the phone read all settings back in qpst and they were correct. So am I missing something here or will I not be able to test it before I pay $15 to swap esn and see if my service works. Thanks for any help, this is my first flashing. I have rooted several but this is different.

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

hope i can help

If the web is working,then the flash works.
    You must get the esn activated if you want talk and text to work.

Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by sasij; 03-03-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Supporting Member

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusdgd View Post
    I followed every one of your instructions except the 3.5 sense mms instructions obviously. I'm on stock unlocked hboot 1.50 with sense 3.0. Every apn configuration is giving me trouble. I can receive mms perfectly with your apn configuration but sending does not work. I've tried changing the picture size to as low as 300k but nothing will work. Any ideas?
    It took my Evo a while to start Sending Pics....Or Try Sending to Another Phone

Supporting Member

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

Dont worry.if you got the web working you are good to go.

Once you activated the phones esn on youre account
    You will get the welcome to cricket when you dial 611

You should get the esn change here in the forum i think they charge like 7 something.

Hope i helped
    Let me know what happends

I have rigorously watched and re-watched, read and re-read. Still I get the same sprint messages when I try to dial and texts just send back an error. When I read everything back in qpst from the phone it all looks correct. I made sure to insert MID _after_ my phone number on CDMA page to make sure it was correct. I have double checked all settings, the active profile. I have tied this phone to a cricket phone number. "Your account could not be validated, please contact customer services." Is what I get when I try to dial anything including 611. Any ideas, I'm using an austin prl in New Braunfels texas but I don't think that would affect it. They are rather close. And I'm pretty sure I should still get the cricket messages and not sprints errors.

EDIT: I did neglect to mention, I have it setup on the talk\text only plan for like $30 a month. I dont see why that would affect calling and texts if I have no use for the 3G.
    Last edited by sasij; 03-03-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by sasij View Post
    I have rigorously watched and re-watched, read and re-read. Still I get the same sprint messages when I try to dial and texts just send back an error. When I read everything back in qpst from the phone it all looks correct. I made sure to insert MID _after_ my phone number on CDMA page to make sure it was correct. I have double checked all settings, the active profile. I have tied this phone to a cricket phone number. "Your account could not be validated, please contact customer services." Is what I get when I try to dial anything including 611. Any ideas, I'm using an austin prl in New Braunfels texas but I don't think that would affect it. They are rather close. And I'm pretty sure I should still get the cricket messages and not sprints errors.

EDIT: I did neglect to mention, I have it setup on the talk\text only plan for like $30 a month. I dont see why that would affect calling and texts if I have no use for the 3G.
    Oh, That does matter in some cases. Go head and write a prl no a hybrid the Cdma ws. Try to *228 and*22806 on it. It better to have it on the 35 plan for the faster internet. Try 3000 prl to see if it will work. Also it only on some cases so I can be wrong.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information