Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Okay, so, I followed the instructions exactly, but when i write to phone from QPST and it restarts the phone, my 3g works, but then goes away? i'm not sure what's going on and it doesn't appear that anyone else is having this problem. I've been trying to get this to work for days now. I've changed PRL's several times but the same thing keeps happening. 3g works, loads webpages, then out of nowhere starts to hang and goes away and won't work anymore unless i repeat all the steps in QPST. please help :/

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

are you sure it is set to simple ip and not giving you error 67?

I'm sure. I've gone through it several times and followed the instructions very closely. Another strange thing is that every time i hit "read from phone" when i go to redo it, it changes my "active user" to 1 instead of 0 in the M.IP tab and in the CDMA tab it changes my directory number and MIN to some random string of numbers and I have to re-enter all of it.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Changes to all 5s?

Not sure if it helps or not, But I noticed that every time it starts to shut off my data, the 3g mark goes from white to being greyed out. and then it just hangs. doesn't give me the "website can't be found" or anything. just keeps trying to load. but if i try turning mobile network off and on, it stops connecting altogether.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Almost. it changes to "5555555266"

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Now it just won't work at all. Haven't done anything differently, but it just doesn't come up with 3g anymore.

It appears to be stable now. I used a sprint/cricket hybrid PRL and it immediately came up with 3g and has stayed connected since. Not sure if it will stay, but fingers crossed, right? :]

after i switched my wifi on for a while, i tried to go back to 3g, and it continued what it had been doing before with QPST saying it's directory/MIN were 5's again. very confused.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

i called and had the esn switched over when it was working, but the *228 said i had to take it into a cricket store. and now every time i try to call *228 it calls the cricket help line instead or says "ERROR NUMBER 16" and hangs up

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

i know this is a sprint thing, but what can i do??

Now web works. talk and text don't, I can't call out. Always says Error 16 switch 386. i already got the esn change, too. So, neither of my phones work now.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Okay, so i finally got through to cricket's *228 activation. It said they can't activate my phone and to refer to the "read me first" card that comes with the phone. And that if i have a nationwide roaming phone to take it to an authorized dealer to have it activated.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

don't know if it's important or not, but i just discovered that the software version is Android Revolution HD 2.0.1?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Meezy View Post
    Now web works. talk and text don't, I can't call out. Always says Error 16 switch 386. i already got the esn change, too. So, neither of my phones work now.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Okay, so i finally got through to cricket's *228 activation. It said they can't activate my phone and to refer to the "read me first" card that comes with the phone. And that if i have a nationwide roaming phone to take it to an authorized dealer to have it activated.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

don't know if it's important or not, but i just discovered that the software version is Android Revolution HD 2.0.1?

Your min is reverting most likely. IF the esn is on the account, it should not revert, but you have to make sure the old phone is off. when your stuff reverts, it also changes your prl to 4565(something that is just for talk and text, no internet). And dang, update that software!
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Well my old phone is off, but it's also disconnected. No talk, text or web. The cricket guys said to just dial *228 to activate but I can't call out because of that error 16 thing. Could the fact that I'm using a sprint/cricket hybrid prl have anything to do with it? And the min says it's the same now. it hasn't gone back to the 5's yet. Any idea what I could be doing wrong or how to fix it? And I would update it if I knew how x]

*note: I just checked again and the Min and directory numbers are "5555555230" now.
    Last edited by Dr-Meezy; 09-14-2013 at 01:01 AM.

I've got it to the point where error 16 is gone. Now my problem is that when i dial *228 to activate, it tells me they can't program my phone and to refer to some read first card thing. then something about nationwide roaming

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

I've got it to the point where error 16 is gone. Now my problem is that when i dial *228 to activate, it tells me they can't program my phone and to refer to some read first card thing. then something about nationwide roaming
    your meid is for sure wrong then on the account. Dial ##786# on the phone, and make sure cricket has your correct meid dec.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

oh dear.... I'm slightly embarrassed to say, but I think i had given them the MEID hex. would that cause this? and do I just call them and have them switch it to the dec?

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

and it is supposed to be the MEID dec from my new phone, correct?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

oh dear.... I'm slightly embarrassed to say, but I think i had given them the MEID hex. would that cause this? and do I just call them and have them switch it to the dec?

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

If you gave them a correct hex, they should have converted it. But anyhow, call in and verify the dec is correct. And yes, it has to be from the evo 3d.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

and in Oregon, you don't need the hybrid sprint prl. Just get a normal pure Cricket prl, then *228.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread Information