Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by vampy View Post
    So I finally got internet working with Greenk45 on my Evo (Yay!), but I still cannot get mms to work, when I try sending one it will hang forever and then it will throw me a "Generic Network Failure" error, I have gone through all the flashing instructions and double checked the M.I.P. and ppp tabs on QPST, I also pressed ##data# and checked all the options there, and everything seems correct, I cannot understand why it doesn't work, any other suggestions?

Sorry for posting my question again, but I just didn't want it to get lost in the other comments I made above.
    Ok then, talk, text, and web is good. So now let's do mms, do u have Apn set on ur phone.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

First, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already, I can't seem to find it if so.

I am new to flashing to Cricket. I currently have an OG Evo I flashed to Boost and was thinking of putting a 3D I just bought on Cricket. Do I have to have an existing Cricket (phone) acct to get all the needed info to flash my 3D to Cricket? Or can I activate a Cricket acct online and get the info I need from there to put into the 3D? Meaning the MDN and MID or whatever it is called. Or is it as simple as just giving my 3D ESN to a Cricket CS agent then changing settings in the Evo so it will work for Cricket instead of Sprint?

Again sorry for the noob question but I can't seem to find an answer on my own on these forums.

Thanks in advance hopefully!

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote from Chrisngrod in the QPST tutorial thread, post #7 (Thank you Chris btw!)

"I'd just get the number first and tell them that you are flashing the phone. Just tell them to open the account and that you know how to do it. Sometimes they might give you BS about flashing a phone. Just tell them to do their job and put that ESN on a new Cricket account."

I think I found my answer but if someone doesnt mind verifying this I would greatly appreciate it.

So basically I just call and set up an acct and give them the ESN of my 3D? Then they will give me the MIN and MDN I need from them to put in the phone, then I just follow the guides here to complete setting the 3D up for Cricket correct?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It might be a little harder in your area cause they'll probably say you have to get a Cricket phone. If I recall correctly this area, is the same as Chicago pretty much right? So you'd be in a tri band area.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thank you for such a quick reply. Yes in the grand sense of things I am close to Chicago but it is 200 miles north of here actually. Forgive me but what does tri band mean/matter for me? I am not sure exactly what that means, as I said I am coming from boost and never heard of anything to do with tri band

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Ok then, talk, text, and web is good. So now let's do mms, do u have Apn set on ur phone.

Yes I did install and ran the Apn app and did all the tutorial said to do. I have double checked everything, but mms won't work...

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Klown80 View Post
    Thank you for such a quick reply. Yes in the grand sense of things I am close to Chicago but it is 200 miles north of here actually. Forgive me but what does tri band mean/matter for me? I am not sure exactly what that means, as I said I am coming from boost and never heard of anything to do with tri band
    Cricket has their own towers in these parts. Therefore they don't want you to be roaming on Sprint. Cricket phones have an additional AWS band while Sprint and Verizon phones are only dual band CDMA (plus Wimax and LTE in some cases).

If you read throughout the forum there is much discussion on this. Chat with me on the live chat if there is still some confusion.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I just got mms working! I don't know what exactly made a difference but for the fourth time i went into ##data# and on the advanced tab I re-typed http:\\mms.mycricket.com\servlets\mms then on the data profile I changed the SPI MN-HA to 12C and SPI MN-AAA to 2. Commited the changes and the phone rebooted and voila, mms started working! I am so happy!!

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Lol i flashed my wife's 3D a couple weeks ago, and up until a couple minutes ago she never told me that the media streaming never worked. Cane back here and had to check it out what I missed. I'd be lost without this site and the things I've already learned, and will learn.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Oh and vampy thanks for that info, had to fix that also on her phone and it worked.

I have a HTC EVO 3D and all I have talk and text my internet and mms is not working. I have tried everything to fix it and nothing. I am on the 55 dollar plan. What do I need to do to fix this. Please help I am exausted every ave. Please help

Phone
    3VO

In qpst, make sure ur M.I.P is correct and ppp config is correct as well. That will give u web on ur phone. Nothing else will, so make sure that ur #here@mycricket.com is correct, zero out home agents, u check both rev tunnel, set cricket as the password, u put simple only, active user -1, anything else I may have forgotten.

Ok that worked got my internet working now my mms is not working is there anything I can do to fix my mms. Thanks for the feed back you guys are awesome.

Phone
    3VO

Apn is in the first page and u need Apn backup & restore app from market. Next, go to app/ backup/ delete/and once u have Apn file(.xml file)/ also u have change the #here@mycricket.com with ur own/ restore and enjoy. Simple but a lot of people get lost in translation.

I tried that and it didn't work

Phone
    3VO

Then, u did something wrong. Recheck and make sure

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

So mms work for the most part but sometimes they won't work... I get the "Generic Network Failure" error after hanging forever... Why is this? Does anything loses configuration? I have not even booted my phone or anything for this to happen...

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information