Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Its not that hard, take a deep breath and focus

2. Remove this advertisement.

Ok, I cant get step three to work. It just wont save. I've tried manually putting it in and copy and pasting it but it just deltes itself as soon as I hit ok. Do you have any suggestions?

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

You mean it just shows blank, that is normal and it has not deleted itself

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    sept 2010

I did this and my MMS still is not working. Also, when using the android messaging app, when I click settings, it immediately gives me an error message stating "the application Android Messaging (process com.android.mmz) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." This also happens when I try to send a picture via the android messaging app from my photo gallery.

EDIT: I just did an HTC Sense update, and now I can send/receive MMS via Android Messaging. However, I still get the error message when trying to send photos from the gallery and when I click "Settings" in the Android Messaging application. Also, none of my contacts sync up. Just numbers. No names/photos. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by KCArtistry; 08-03-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    So many people seem to be have a lot of problems with there MMS on the Evo 3D and the Evo 4G so ill make this How To to get mms working on HTC SENSE mms app! THIS WILL NOT WORK ON AOSP mms apps! JUST SENSE!

1: Open Dialer and press ##DATA# (##3282#) **ONLY works with the HTC Dialer! ICS and GB Dialers will not read this code! I will link to the HTC dialer at the end of this post!**

2: Press Edit and put in ur SPC Code (000000)

3: Go To advance! You will see a setting called "MMS Server URL" Edit this settings so it reads
    Code:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    Attachment 2703

4: *Optional Step* Go to RTSP/HTTP Settings. (This is your streaming media settings NOTHING TO DO WITH MMS) Edit them so they read:
    Code:
    RTSP proxy ip: 0.0.0.0
    RTSP proxy port: 0
    HTTP proxy IP: 0.0.0.0
    HTTP proxy port: 0
    Attachment 2706

5: Go to MMSC Settings. Edit them so they read:
    Code:
    Name: Production (CAN BE WHAT EVER YOU WANNA NAME IT)
    MMSC: http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy: (LEAVE THIS BANK)
    MMS Port: 8080
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    Attachment 2704

6: To check if this settings saved, go to your messaging app. Click ur menu key > Settings > ...(MMS) > Connection settings. The settings you see there should be what you edited in set 5!

Attachment 2705

After all this is complete you WILL have to reset your device and let it reboot! Everything SHOULD be all working now. This works with 2.3 and 4.0 Roms! This does NOT work with MUIU or CM7-9.

Link to HTC Sense MMS :
    http://xxnubcakexx.cricketusers.com/...ps/HTC/Mms.apk

Link to HTC Sense Dialer:
    http://xxnubcakexx.cricketusers.com/...tcContacts.apk

*If you would like the apps above Flashable let me know! I can make that happen if enough ppl need them!*

* You can have BOTH AOSP dialer and HTC dialer at the same time! But you can ONLY have 1 mms installed at a time.*
    So this didnt work for me, tried many times, and my 3g would barely work as well... so i started playing in the ##data# menu

and in Advanced under MNC (mobile country code) I changed it to 16 instead of 00. I work at cricket and was able to see that there MNC in the phones was 16. after I changed that the the RTSP/HTTP settings to all 0000's I hit commit modifications it rebooted and everything seems to work flawlessly now. in the MMSC settings all I changed was the MMS server url which is

I left everything else in there the same, proxy is 62.28.31.7 and the port is 80
    Wap 2.0 sent myself a pic message and recieved it hope this helps

Still no MMS

Quote Originally Posted by 117micc View Post
    So this didnt work for me, tried many times, and my 3g would barely work as well... so i started playing in the ##data# menu

and in Advanced under MNC (mobile country code) I changed it to 16 instead of 00. I work at cricket and was able to see that there MNC in the phones was 16. after I changed that the the RTSP/HTTP settings to all 0000's I hit commit modifications it rebooted and everything seems to work flawlessly now. in the MMSC settings all I changed was the MMS server url which is

I left everything else in there the same, proxy is 62.28.31.7 and the port is 80
    Wap 2.0 sent myself a pic message and recieved it hope this helps

Tried everything to get MMS to work even this ^^ converted APN app to System app and unchecked ICS CHECK and it still does not work. I am running 7-18 VIperROM ICS

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

yes it is a great post but this isnt the htc dialer apk you posted, its the contacts apk and you can see that before you even download it and I did so its not the dialer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    Root is not necessary for MMS working on cricket with HTC devices.
    Unless you're using
    Code:
    adb shell
    getprop ril.MSL
    you need root access to obtain the MSL, using MSL Reader or CDMA Workshop

Overall activity: 2.0%

Just registered to say thanks.. mms works after I did what you said

I don't find this difficult at all just follow directions. My internet works gps 3g texts but after I did the above steps I sent an mms and it says unspecified as to y it didn't send. I got my phone fully flashed and it worked but all of a sudden it stopped. So I want to do this myself rather than pay again. Also when I recieve it says transient..... I've read the responses to everyone elses questions and solutions but can seem to figure it out. I know this isn't that hard. What am i doing wrong?

I follow all the steps up to four because i don't have MMSC Settings.Will this still work on my phone I just need youtue to work without me using wi-fi

I have 2 HTC Evo which I couldn't get the mms to work. Either could the kid that flashed them. It would work once he did something but as soon as I left it wouldn't work anymore. I found on this website how to change a few things which I did. Now 1 phone is working and the other isn't. Either phone I was unable to change the MMSC settings. However one phone didn't need them changed. I don't know how to start root. I really need detailed step by step instructions.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Mobile Country code is a 3 digit code. Mobile Network Code is a 2 digit code. Are you still talking about the country code? Which I should input 016?

I don't have the MMSC Settings in ##data# and I tried searching xda to no prevail. So I need a DETAILED step by step on how to fix this. Most people post assuming that everyone should know something about this. Well I don't know anything. So AGAIN detailed by detail and remember I DON'T have MMSC Settings in ##data#

Used this for 2 Evo 3ds.
    Still works great.

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

Just wondering why this is still a sticky when so many issue have occurred from the instructions and it is out dated since the new updates have came out for ICS, plus "jelly bean" if anyone flashed a custom version is different altogether? I dumped the rom of a HTC ONE V which is an ICS with sense 4.1 i believe and have the network and data settings for cricket all nice and reconfigured ( by the way i believe its the first HTC phone cricket paid to have a branded ICS made for them, could be wrong though. I know the Evo 3d / evo 4g are somewhat old, but i just bought 1 from Virgin Mobile (which was a left over from sprint) 2 months ago, so there probably still a need to get the MMS and DATA working for people. Ive said enough, not picking on the thread just think that it might need a little updating by who ever does it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information