Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Evo 3d mms and sms

I got my phone fully flashed and the Guy told me I have to use this app called "Android messaging" i was curious if i really need that to send and receive mms and SMS cuz i don't like it

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

You don't need it on the evo 3d. Its just a lazy way to get mms working because its as simple as installing an app. I suggest you go to the how to flash evo 3d post. There you will find all you need to know to get pic message on stock mms app.

Send from my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Geez what a joker if you can't fully flash a phone without taking shortcuts you need to stop flashing

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

You could try the Universal GoSMS solution posted here, it's pretty easy to use. Modifying your APN's is the real solution here, but it's a little more complicated and requires an SD card.

I do remote flashing for a lot of dealers and if someone comes in with an android phone with no memory card, I can't really access their APN's (I'm not physically there in the store.) We use GoSMS a lot for those customers because it works and it's just less of a headache for everyone else.

That being said, this guy does sound like a joke. You don't NEED that app, he's either misinformed or is straight up lying to you.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    You could try the Universal GoSMS solution posted here, it's pretty easy to use. Modifying your APN's is the real solution here, but it's a little more complicated and requires an SD card.

I do remote flashing for a lot of dealers and if someone comes in with an android phone with no memory card, I can't really access their APN's (I'm not physically there in the store.) We use GoSMS a lot for those customers because it works and it's just less of a headache for everyone else.

That being said, this guy does sound like a joke. You don't NEED that app, he's either misinformed or is straight up lying to you.
    It's you who is misinformed.

Obviously everyone here is not familiar with every method of flashing.

Apn's dont work on every phone. Hell no solution works on every phone. The Android Messaging app solution is related to a particular flashing software and works quite well in most cases.
    Some places don't wish to hire someone to manually flash phones or take hours to do a flash. This method is one solution to that problem.I flash phones everyday using this method/app combo with great success.

You dont have to use the app to do your actual messaging btw, you can use handset or go or chomp. It just has to be on your phone.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post
    You don't need it on the evo 3d. Its just a lazy way to get mms working because its as simple as installing an app. I suggest you go to the how to flash evo 3d post. There you will find all you need to know to get pic message on stock mms app.

Quote Originally Posted by SER-ious View Post
    Geez what a joker if you can't fully flash a phone without taking shortcuts you need to stop flashing
    Just wondering, are either of you running a business? Or do you just flash your phones and play with them cause it's fun?

Because the guy running the business (me) is going to look for the fastest, most cost effective way to turn around a flash so he can make as much profit on the transaction as possible. Plus he wants the most reliable solution he can find, so he' not touching the phone again and again. And that is not hiring some guy "who flashes phones" to sit in my backroom and work on phones all day. Just remember there is more than one way to skin a cat, and your way may not be the way that works for everyone.

And I have an evo 3d that has refused ANY method of working mms found on these boards with one exception. mraabhimself has a modified mms app that finally gave me mms. But I think I should just delete it right, cause it's lazy?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Woof, I'm just speaking from experience. I've only flashed 3 Evo 3D's and modifying APN's with APNBackupRestore worked on 2 of them, and I used GoSMS on the other because it didn't have a memory card. The fact that the flashed told him he HAS to use that app is kinda BS when there's other solutions he could be using.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    Woof, I'm just speaking from experience. I've only flashed 3 Evo 3D's and modifying APN's with APNBackupRestore worked on 2 of them, and I used GoSMS on the other because it didn't have a memory card. The fact that the flashed told him he HAS to use that app is kinda BS when there's other solutions he could be using.
    I understand. The flashing software in question indicates that app is the way to ensure working mms (although not 100% of the time in my exp) without doing anything extra. Also the person flashing may have no more experience flashing than using that software, so what they said may be accurate in their level of knowledge. Calling them stupid, lazy or a liar isnt really fair was my point. Based on their experience they may be none of the above. The flashing community needs to remember that not everyone flashing has the same knowledge or experience.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    It's you who is misinformed.

Obviously everyone here is not familiar with every method of flashing.

Apn's dont work on every phone. Hell no solution works on every phone. The Android Messaging app solution is related to a particular flashing software and works quite well in most cases.
    Some places don't wish to hire someone to manually flash phones or take hours to do a flash. This method is one solution to that problem.I flash phones everyday using this method/app combo with great success.

You dont have to use the app to do your actual messaging btw, you can use handset or go or chomp. It just has to be on your phone.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Just wondering, are either of you running a business? Or do you just flash your phones and play with them cause it's fun?

Because the guy running the business (me) is going to look for the fastest, most cost effective way to turn around a flash so he can make as much profit on the transaction as possible. Plus he wants the most reliable solution he can find, so he' not touching the phone again and again. And that is not hiring some guy "who flashes phones" to sit in my backroom and work on phones all day. Just remember there is more than one way to skin a cat, and your way may not be the way that works for everyone.

And I have an evo 3d that has refused ANY method of working mms found on these boards with one exception. mraabhimself has a modified mms app that finally gave me mms. But I think I should just delete it right, cause it's lazy?
    I flash phones in my spare time. I mostly just do HTC phones such as evos because i know how to flash them well. I flash phones like i would want somebody else to flash my phone. I get a lot of repeat business from people that like my work and i get recommend a lot too. You don't built a good reputation by taking short cuts and half assing your work. I have never in my 200+ phones flashed have had a problem getting everything working on a phone. If I take longer that's fine but im not gonna be half ass my work and it pays off in the long run. This pays for my bill each month and leaves me a very good profit. I don't do it just for money. Im very much a geek and i enjoy this

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

So you want to rush through flashing them just to get them done just to have the person bring back the phone cause its messed up? Wow that sounds like a great business to run....I had the 3d and didn't need that junk gosms crap it worked perfectly. Just like the epic I had with working mms worked perfect without the gosms

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post
    I flash phones in my spare time. I mostly just do HTC phones such as evos because i know how to flash them well. I flash phones like i would want somebody else to flash my phone. I get a lot of repeat business from people that like my work and i get recommend a lot too. You don't built a good reputation by taking short cuts and half assing your work. I have never in my 200+ phones flashed have had a problem getting everything working on a phone. If I take longer that's fine but im not gonna be half ass my work and it pays off in the long run. This pays for my bill each month and leaves me a very good profit. I don't do it just for money. Im very much a geek and i enjoy this Send from my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch
    Good for you. Nice hobby.Again though with the judgement and insults because someone doesnt do flashing the way you do. Who said any one was half assing anything? And I believe your claim about 200+ phones. In the 6 years I have had experience flashing phones I have spent hundreds of hours doing them. When doing a manual flash with qpst, cdma ws and other tools you can spend hours working through a single phone. Doesnt end up being very profitable if you charge say $50 for 4 hrs worth of work.I dont flash phones in my spare time. It's part of my business. I can't afford to spend hours on a single phone. And that where the service that uses a special messaging app comes into play. It automated so I can turn out a quality product in a very short period of time. I'm not lazy, I'm smart. I can now charge $60 for 5 minutes or less of work.What the OP and all the "experts" here don't realize is that this is a viable method of flashing that works. You dont have to like it or use it or agree with it, but please grow up and stop attacking people who dont have your kinda time.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SER-ious View Post
    So you want to rush through flashing them just to get them done just to have the person bring back the phone cause its messed up? Wow that sounds like a great business to run....I had the 3d and didn't need that junk gosms crap it worked perfectly. Just like the epic I had with working mms worked perfect without the gosms
    Please quote where I said anything about rushing through a flash or people coming back because the flash was messed up.
    And please show us where we were talking about gosms.

Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Lost case. I'm pulling out of this thread LOL.

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

I'm with this guy ^^ what a joke

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

wife just got evo 3d fully flashed from a friend, it has android messaging on it and she was told that is the app to use. i tried to go into its (android messaging) settings, but it would FC. so I just installed GoSMS and told wife to do that. PROBLEM: mms doesnt seem to work now, and since i can't get into the settings of android messaging, i cant seem to fix this issue.

If necessary I am willing to do a complete reflash, but since this is only issue I have found so far, I am actually just looking for a quick fix.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    wife just got evo 3d fully flashed from a friend, it has android messaging on it and she was told that is the app to use. i tried to go into its (android messaging) settings, but it would FC. so I just installed GoSMS and told wife to do that. PROBLEM: mms doesnt seem to work now, and since i can't get into the settings of android messaging, i cant seem to fix this issue.

If necessary I am willing to do a complete reflash, but since this is only issue I have found so far, I am actually just looking for a quick fix.
    PM me with your email, I will send you APN xml file. It works really well
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

OK brought my wife's phone to same dealer that did original all flash. He ref lashed phone, and it worked fine....... for a day.

Looks like I will be reflashing her phone. Thank goodness this site has everything I need. Should have just bought her a merc, lol.

EDIT: any of you flashers that don't use the "android messaging" trick happen to be in San Antonio? I am pretty good at following directions but I would be more comfortable just paying a pro to flash this.

EDIT 2: fixed the Mms issue without having to reflash. Removed android messaging app and manually did the settings for her messaging app by using the gosms fix settings.
    Last edited by Rites; 04-30-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information