Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Evo 3D: Update your radio!

SOURCE: Rootzwiki.com

Original URL (most up to date info):
    [RADIO] HTC Evo 3D (CDMA) Radios [PG86IMG.zip] (Updated: 18 Aug 2011)

--Start--
    [RADIO] HTC Evo 3D (CDMA) Radios [PG86IMG.zip] (Updated: 18 Aug 2011)

These radios are for the CDMA HTC Evo 3D (e.g. Sprint).
    Do NOT flash these radios on a GSM HTC EVO 3D!

Code:

/* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or the end of the world. Please do some research * if you have any concerns about flashing a radio before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the * finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
    How to Flash:

In order for this to work, the HTC Evo 3D needs to be S-OFF. Flashing the radio with a corrupt file or interrupting the flash, can brick the device, please proceed with caution.

1. Download the your choice of radio for the HTC Evo 3D.
    2. Make sure the filename is PG86IMG.zip exactly or it will not work and copy it to the same folder as adb (the /platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder).
    3. Connect the HTC Evo 3D to the computer via USB.
    4. On the computer, open terminal and run the following commands:
      Code:

adb push PG86IMG.zip /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip adb shell md5sum /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
      NOTE: The md5 should match up the provide the original download location. If not, redownload & try again.
      Code:

adb reboot bootloader
    5. The HTC Evo 3D will reboot & usually boot into fastboot. Pressing the Power button will put the device into the bootloader.
    6. The bootloader will scan for the radio update. Once it finds the update, select Yes.
    7. Allow the bootloader to finish flashing the updated radio, and reboot the HTC Evo 3D normally.

Downloads:

From Gingerbread-based RUUs:
    • From the 1.07.651.1 RUU:
      • CDMA:

md5: fdec2ed4be3b35a9b190da8085dc8a0d
      • WiMax: no WiMax radio was included in this leak

• From the 1.11.651.2 RUU (Stock):
      • CDMA:

md5: 5f6f35dedf37921438b056db8590ff1e
      • WiMax:

md5: 78c03fb844b7761d0d6611bf7e8b3791

• From the 1.13.651.7 OTA/RUU:
      • CDMA:

md5: 0ab6aeb4ca9421d5ea8e9ced722554bc
      • WiMax:

md5: 3123a4a3654cf5d22228117258702b21

• From the 2.08.651.2 OTA/RUU:
      • CDMA:

md5: a8acc161e58d3e2d3d1cd4954975802b
      • WiMax: contains the same WiMax radio from the 1.13.651.7 OTA/RUU

--End--

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

I wish I could understand this

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by harryd2012 View Post
    I wish I could understand this
    I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability. I'm not looking anything up so my explanation is just how I see it. Except md5sum for a better explanation lol.

This is the software that goes along with the hardware for the radio. A firmware of sorts.

How to Flash: (it's a title yo)

In order for this to work, the HTC Evo 3D needs to be S-OFF. Flashing the radio with a corrupt file or interrupting the flash, can brick the device, please proceed with caution.

You can really mess things up if you don't put the right file on.

1. Download the your choice of radio for the HTC Evo 3D. The radio of your choice better correspond with the version of Android you're on. Good news for you is that these will work with 2.3.3 or 2.3.4.
    2. Make sure the filename is PG86IMG.zip exactly or it will not work and copy it to the same folder as adb (the /platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder). This is the suggested method to put the file onto your device. You can also transfer it by dropping it into the SDCard using Windows Explorer or whatever also. There are other methods of checking the md5sum (this helps you make sure that someone didn't upload a file that's going to mess your phone up or you didn't download the wrong file on accident. md5sum is a computer program that calculates and verifies 128-bit MD5 hashes, as described in RFC 1321. The MD5 hash (or checksum) functions as a compact digital fingerprint of a file. ...).
    3. Connect the HTC Evo 3D to the computer via USB. Self explanatory.
    4. On the computer, open terminal and run the following commands: This is for the adb method of transferring the file and checking the md5sum.
      Code:

adb push PG86IMG.zip /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip adb shell md5sum /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
      NOTE: The md5 should match up the provide the original download location. If not, redownload & try again. (someone might have changed a link or you clicked the wrong one)
      Code:

adb reboot bootloader (type this in the command prompt, again if you are using the adb file transfer process)
    5. The HTC Evo 3D will reboot & usually boot into fastboot. Pressing the Power button will put the device into the bootloader. You'll have to do this step after you get the file on to the root or main directory of the SDCard.
    6. The bootloader will scan for the radio update. Once it finds the update, select Yes. Follow the on screen instruction.
    7. Allow the bootloader to finish flashing the updated radio, and reboot the HTC Evo 3D normally. Bam all done!
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thread Information