Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Dionne Verba

Flashing Corruption?

Hi,

I have the Sprint HTC EVO 3D that I had flashed (brand new) some months ago here through CricketUsers, and I have been having quite the awful problem with it:

Out of nowhere - in the middle of using it, or when I'm not even touching it - the phone will shut itself down and restart. It goes past the HTC loading screen, but when it gets to the Sprint 3D screen, it freezes and does not move. There is literally NOTHING you can do - taking the battery out only makes it freeze once again at the Sprint screen. None of the recovery or reset options work, the only thing that it will allow you to do is a complete factory restore. This is a problem, because even though I've gotten smart after the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened and backed everything up, I still end up losing things, and have start from scratch; re-downloading applications and customizing my phone. This usually happens every week or two, sometimes multiple times a week.

The phone didn't do this at all before it was flashed. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Sounds like you are catching a virus from sites you visit.

Dionne Verba

Unfortunately, I don't really visit any sites through my phone. And all of the applications that I have are legit. I actually wondered if I could have managed to pick something, and downloaded both LookOut and AVG and neither of them picked anything up. Is there something else that I can do to figure out if that somehow was the case?

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Sounds like an issue I ran into a few weeks ago. I just reflashed an original RUU from sprint, reflashed to cricket, then went on my merry way. (oh and since I was reflashing the RUU, I went ahead and fully updated to ics)

Sent from my Paranoid3D with tapatalk2

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

It is not a flashing issue since the procedure does not touch system files. It just works with NAM settings. You might need to RUU it. There is a problem with an actual system on the phone, so you might want to RUU it as Rites suggested.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Dionne Verba

Awesome. Thank you, everyone. I am a smidge tech-savvy, but I wish I was just a little bit more so I could understand some of your replies...Any suggestions on how I myself might be able to do to fix it?

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Google RUU or get new hardware, as Dina said, the flash only touches the NAM, no hardware other than modem/radio config.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

http://www.filefactory.com/f/4ef0ef536face67a/

All ruus you could ever need

Sent from my MIUI3D using Tapatalk 2

Dionne Verba

Okay, I downloaded the Sprint RUU that took it to 2.1.65 (I believe) and went through and flashed it back to it's default state. The phone was completely stripped down back to basics and now all that needs to be done is flashing it back to Cricket. Should this take care of the issue, or should I download some type of virus program and run scans through it?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

When you RUU, it only takes out mms and youtube. It should still have talk, text and web.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thread Information