Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Hboot downgrade (reflashing) F.Y.I

After downgrading my hboot from 1.5 s-on to 1.4 s-off I had to reflash ... Was not much of a problem. Just a fair warning for ppl doing so to obtain root, recovery , custom ROM and beats audio insaller via recovery ... And things of that nature ... Root is also required for the k45 hack/mod so keep that in mind if ur a hboot 1.5 user

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.

how did you downgrade? im having the hardest problem trying to root this damn thing htcdev.com dont work... i did that perfect and it wont unlock :/

As far as I know, you don't have to have root to downgrade.

[DOWNGRADE HBOOT/UNBRICK] HBOOT 1.50 -> 1.40 for S-OFF/Root - xda-developers

and the all in one tool here (Has bootable linux iso plus other tools built in iso for process)

[TOOL] HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit Live CD (or USB) - Free Your Phone. S-OFF. - xda-developers

READ BOTH THREADS THOROUGHLY!!

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

You can also do the wire trick junoperbear or something like that its on XDA, XDA ROCKS!

Phone
    HTC EVO 3D

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    As far as I know, you don't have to have root to downgrade.

[DOWNGRADE HBOOT/UNBRICK] HBOOT 1.50 -> 1.40 for S-OFF/Root - xda-developers

and the all in one tool here (Has bootable linux iso plus other tools built in iso for process)

[TOOL] HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit Live CD (or USB) - Free Your Phone. S-OFF. - xda-developers

READ BOTH THREADS THOROUGHLY!!
    Yep. It works for Hboot 1.58-to-1.40 downgrades too..

Here is my ADDENDUM to the two threads linked above, for people with Hboot 1.58 (firmware 2.89).

I just spent most of the weekend attempting (and was finally successful at) the 1.40 Hboot Downgrade Procedure.

I got a Sprint EVO 3D from Ebay, and it was bone-stock, from a Sprint Dealer, with Hardware version 0002, 2.89 firmware, and 1.58 Hboot.

After 30+ brick-attempts, I was able to get 2 successful bricks/downgrades in a row, and only after achieving this would the 1.13 RUU work.

Bricking it and using the downgrade tool once showed "current version 2.89" when you run the 1.13 RUU, and would not let it continue the update.

Successively performing brick, dowgrade tool, brick again, downgrade tool again, did produce "current version 0.8" in the 1.13 RUU program, and it was able to flash the 1.13 firmware.

The feedback I want to provide is concerning the bricking method. I watched UnknownForce's video showing his bricking method on the 1.50 hboot phone very closely.

On my 1.58 hboot phone, waiting until the instant the status bar appears (about 5 seconds, as you said) does not work.. The point during the hboot file write process that causes a brick if power is removed actually happens about a second to half a second BEFORE the status bar appears. This is somewhere around 4 seconds from the time your press the volume-up button to start the update, but its very "hit or miss". One thing you do NOT want to do on the second successive brick operation is accidently allow it to complete the hboot write. This puts it back at 1.58 hboot, and you have to start over and get 2 more successive brick/downgrades..

As everyone else already stated, I used the 2.89 PG86IMG.zip file on the SDCARD, and once I got 2 consecutive successful brick/downgrade cycles, I ran the 1.13 RUU, followed by Revolutionary, SuperUser, etc. etc. I am staying with 1.40/1.13, so I did not do the RadioFix. Everything seems to work fine on Cricket.

My reasons for downgrading are as follows:
    A) I hate ICS. I am putting the phone on Cricket, and I like the stock Sprint gingerbread firmware.
    B) With 1.58/2.89, CDMA Workshop can not read the SPC via normal means (it does once the earlier firmware is in place.)

I hope this helps to preserve the sanity of anyone attempting this method. Its a PITA, but it does work.

Thread Information