Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Angry Htc evo 3d os 2.3.4 3g icon active but web page hangs. Please help

Hi guys I need your help. This is my first EVO 3D to Cricket. I live in Chicago and cricket was able to connect it out of NY. I follow instructions to the letter but when it comes to internet I cannot get access. The 3G icon is active but when trying to display the page it only hangs. I tried with thr GreenK45 and it worked but very slowly. I purchased the $55.00 android plan but I have no success when it comes to this setting. Please anyone help. i tried several settings but no luck. I have talk and text but no data unless with GreenK45 but again I have the $55.00 plan. any clues. your help is much appreciate it and I thank you in advance.

Oscar

2. Remove this advertisement.

you are prolly on the 55 all in mexico plan not the 55 android plan see if mabey someone on this site can check for you

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

also why not just downgrade to the 45 all in plan and use green k i use it and its great also you dont get throttled after 1 gb of data with the 45 dollar plan

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

He's probably in a tri band area so that on top of proxy surfing will be extremely slow (at least in my experience). Contact a live chat agent, and they can forward your information to a dealer to make sure you're on the right 55 dollar plan.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

thanks for the help guy. Yes I am in a Triband area. I had to do the proxy setting wap.mycricket.com but still is very slow. cannot view youtube despite that I 00 (zero) out the settings in the advance tab on the evo 3d. Also the plan is the right plan according to them. No mexico calling because I am not even from there so not really. What speed should be the 3g speed on an evo 3d based on your experience. I tried to check with speednet.apk but it wont even connect. it works fur just surfing but nothing else. again thank you for your assistance guys.

i get about 150 -700 kbps depending on the time of day

nothing to fantastic but the price is right

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by obonilla30 View Post
    thanks for the help guy. Yes I am in a Triband area. I had to do the proxy setting wap.mycricket.com but still is very slow. cannot view youtube despite that I 00 (zero) out the settings in the advance tab on the evo 3d. Also the plan is the right plan according to them. No mexico calling because I am not even from there so not really. What speed should be the 3g speed on an evo 3d based on your experience. I tried to check with speednet.apk but it wont even connect. it works fur just surfing but nothing else. again thank you for your assistance guys.
    When you go to any website, notice that only 1 arrow of 3g lights up (remove those proxy settings). That means that the plan is not right. So go to mycricket.com. Login to your account. Check the plan and make SURE it says Android Plan. It can say all in one $55, or as mentioned above, Mexico plan. CS does not know anything about the difference it makes for flashed phones.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thread Information