Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone.apk and Blutooth issues

Short version:

Had the phone.apk mod done on my phone to get voicemail notifications before I downgraded my Hboot 1.5 to 1.4. Everything worked like a charm on Sprint stock firmware 2.17. However after the downgrade and restore process, I forgot I was on 1.13 stock after everything was all said and done. At first problems arose with the modification of phone.apk. I would get "service.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" usually after a call or turning on then off the Bluetooth radio. After force closing, the signal strength indicator would lose signal for a few seconds then come back on.

The problem was that I was using the modified 2.17 phone.apk and not the 1.13. Applied the 1.13 and problems gone.

FYI: If you have modified your phone.apk and have those problems mentioned above, make sure you have the correct phone.apk for your software version.

That's it. Just wanted to point that out so someone else won't have to go through all the trouble I went through trying to figure out what was wrong.

EDIT:

The link I got the phone.apk versions for anyone interested:
    Native Voicemail Notifications Fix Thread

gotanmp3 has phone.apk for man HTC phones and software versions.

Last edited by sandman; 07-07-2012 at 09:56 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thread Information