Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Question pertaining my evo 3d

Hello everyone. It seems I'm going to switch from sprint to cricket. As it is the most friendly for the evo 3d.

Hboot 1.4 revolutionary.

Currently running newts rom (
    [Rom] Newts One S *RC 3* (Sense 4.0 ICS 4.0.3) 5/9/2012(Daily Driver)

)

So as of June first. Sprint is deactivating my phone. And the account supposedly requires 8 dollars a month to be paid to sprint. I just can't afford them anymore. I'm moving from NJ to CO and need to be as frugal as possible. I'd love to still use my Evo 3D.

Now the ESN I'm assuming won't be bad. (not yet atleast). But was curious if all I had to do was follow this guide (http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html) and that is all?

Thanks!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by bearpants View Post
    Hello everyone. It seems I'm going to switch from sprint to cricket. As it is the most friendly for the evo 3d.

Hboot 1.4 revolutionary.

Currently running newts rom (
    [Rom] Newts One S *RC 3* (Sense 4.0 ICS 4.0.3) 5/9/2012(Daily Driver)

)

So as of June first. Sprint is deactivating my phone. And the account supposedly requires 8 dollars a month to be paid to sprint. I just can't afford them anymore. I'm moving from NJ to CO and need to be as frugal as possible. I'd love to still use my Evo 3D.

Now the ESN I'm assuming won't be bad. (not yet atleast). But was curious if all I had to do was follow this guide (http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html) and that is all?

Thanks!
    Yes. Bad ESN doesn't matter. Some Rom work better on cricket then others.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Yes. Bad ESN doesn't matter. Some Rom work better on cricket then others.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of trying the Viper Rom (Loved his GB viper rom) ICS that is mentioned on the 3vo page here. Thanks!

One more dumb question. Do I physically have to buy a cricket phone? Or can I just buy a plan? Thanks and last question I promise

Shoot

[ROM] SOS M | VER 1.3 | RLS MAY.22.12 | ICS | Swagg3D Out Non-Sense - xda-developers

I want to use that rom instead. Seems like a real winner. I wonder how it is with Cricket?

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

as long as qpst can read ur device u SHOULD be good!!!! some roms, like the merc roms i was working on, cant get into manufacture mode, and this would not allow me to use qpst to do anything! i would suggest using stock rom, flash, then make a backup and try another rom =D. . . u would have to change to crickets apns and all to, but no biggy

Thanks for the help. I think I was able to access my phone with qpst on the new ICS leak roms. I switched to that SOS rom. Going to try in a few days since my sprint service will be done soon.

So as long as I follow that tutorial step by step. I should be gold?

One last question. So I order a cheapy cricket phone with there 55 dollar plan correct? And when it comes in the mail. I start from there? That phone number on the cheapy phone is what I put into qpst? "phonenumber@mycricket.com" correct? Thanks again for the help!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

im no flasher lol!!!!! i got a evo 3d on the way now , will be my first flashed phone myself =[ but the ICS rom SHOULD work seeing its leaked and not ported or some sort, like u saydm u can get it to read on qpst then ur golden.. any other questions a flasher will have to answer

Oh okay then perfect. QPST reads the phone just fine on ICS. You'll love the Evo 3D I had it since release.

Still curious of how you actually start doing this? Order the cheapest cricket phone with the first months plan? And then that number is the number you change in QPST right? I was hoping I didn't even have to buy a phone. Just the plan that comes with the phone number.

Phone
    EVO 3D

Quote Originally Posted by bearpants View Post
    Oh okay then perfect. QPST reads the phone just fine on ICS. You'll love the Evo 3D I had it since release.

Still curious of how you actually start doing this? Order the cheapest cricket phone with the first months plan? And then that number is the number you change in QPST right? I was hoping I didn't even have to buy a phone. Just the plan that comes with the phone number.
    You do not have to order a phone. You just need a service plan from them. If your on HBOOT 1.4 already you're golden. Any of the ICS roms work well but im using this rom:

[ROM][ICS][Sense][4.0.3][5-12-12] icsense-deck [0.4] - xda-developers

Everything works perfectly for me on that rom and its super fast. It does not have a bunch of cooked in BS that I don't need, but has all of the sprint stuff removed. If your lucky enough after they close your account your 4G may work for awhile.

Flashing the phone over to cricket isn't that terrible. Really all you need to do is follow the flashing guide stickied in this 3D section of the forum and you should be good.

Here is some helpful links:

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html

and

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...downgrade.html

In the second link you can just skip down to the programming the phone.

You'll need to install some things:

-The two attachments in the second link will work if your using Windows 7.
    -You will want to use that specific Super User version in that post. (If you are going to use ICS)
    -HTC Sync
    -The Android SDK
    -The JDK

Watch the video(s) then give it a try. Let me know if you need any help. Private message me I can remote in and help if I got spare time.

If worst comes to worst this forum offers flashing.

Again you do not need to order a phone.

Another useful link on flashing roms via 1.5 that you may get some education from:

HBOOT 1.5 HTC EVO 3D Sprint to Cricket ROM - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by cnewman402 View Post
    You do not have to order a phone. You just need a service plan from them. If your on HBOOT 1.4 already you're golden. Any of the ICS roms work well but im using this rom:

[ROM][ICS][Sense][4.0.3][5-12-12] icsense-deck [0.4] - xda-developers

Everything works perfectly for me on that rom and its super fast. It does not have a bunch of cooked in BS that I don't need, but has all of the sprint stuff removed. If your lucky enough after they close your account your 4G may work for awhile.

Flashing the phone over to cricket isn't that terrible. Really all you need to do is follow the flashing guide stickied in this 3D section of the forum and you should be good.

Here is some helpful links:

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html

and

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...downgrade.html

In the second link you can just skip down to the programming the phone.

You'll need to install some things:

-The two attachments in the second link will work if your using Windows 7.
    -You will want to use that specific Super User version in that post. (If you are going to use ICS)
    -HTC Sync
    -The Android SDK
    -The JDK

Watch the video(s) then give it a try. Let me know if you need any help. Private message me I can remote in and help if I got spare time.

If worst comes to worst this forum offers flashing.

Again you do not need to order a phone.

Another useful link on flashing roms via 1.5 that you may get some education from:

HBOOT 1.5 HTC EVO 3D Sprint to Cricket ROM - YouTube

Thank you so much for chiming in. I'm not scared of flashing or using QPST. I just want to make sure I got everything down pat before I get started. (How does one attain the 35 dollar plan?) I'm on Hboot 1.4 as you mentioned. I should still watch that video though however (Hboot 1.5 it states) as it still pertains to my situation. Correct? From there website it will not let me order just a service plan. It forces me to purchase a phone from them. How do I get around this? I do appreciate your help and will shoot you a PM if I happen to run into any issues. Again. Thanks so much for chiming in. Very helpful posts in this thread. I certainly hope it will inspire others who come to do the same thing with there Evo 3D.

!

I'll be trying on this rom (which got updated from 1.3 to 1.5 today)

[ROM] SOS M | VER 1.5 | RLS MAY.24.12 | ICS | Swagg3D Out Non-Sense - xda-developers

I'm moving from New Jersey to Colorado in 3 weeks. Where I'll be living I'm just on edge of there service too. So i'm not too far off the grid :P

edit: I do have the HTC Diag drivers installed. And have superuser.apk on my rom already

Last edited by bearpants; 05-24-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Phone
    EVO 3D

Contact the agents here or just call into cricket, and have them create an account with your phone info. If they need a phone give them your phone info and that should do it. You will have to call in. Tell them you already have a pre-existing phone. You will need at least the $50-$55 plan in order to get everything you want like the play store (market). No matter what it will still be cheaper then the other providers. They will want your info watch the video it will walk you though it all. In particular watch the third video I linked. It will give you the total rundown. Some stuff you can ignore, like the HBOOT 1.5 methods of flashing the phone.

I would watch the videos in the order I posted them in then try it with reference to the videos. Overall the third one is going to help you the most.

The rom revision looks cool. Looks like he did a good job reflashing it in the kitchen.
    Last edited by cnewman402; 05-25-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Contact the agents here or just call into cricket, and have them create an account with your phone info. If they need a phone give them your phone info and that should do it. You will have to call in. Tell them you already have a pre-existing phone. You will need at least the $50-$55 plan in order to get everything you want like the play store (market). No matter what it will still be cheaper then the other providers. They will want your info watch the video it will walk you though it all. In particular watch the third video I linked. It will give you the total rundown. Some stuff you can ignore, like the HBOOT 1.5 methods of flashing the phone.

I would watch the videos in the order I posted them in then try it with reference to the videos. Overall the third one is going to help you the most.

The rom revision looks cool. Looks like he did a good job reflashing it in the kitchen.
    Again. Awesome. This should be a sticky haha. I'm not sure I understand what phone info I'm supposed to be giving them? (I'll watch through the rest of the videos later. Been running around like a mad man.)

But yeah I'll watch the rest of the videos before I ask any other questions

You should flash that rom! It's perfect I think. 3d and all works. No flaws what so ever so far.

Be easy!

Phone
    EVO 3D

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Press ##DATA#, and go into the advanced menu, they will want the MEID(Hex). Don't pull the battery when they tell you to the conversation will take forever waiting for the boot process.

Press ##DATA#, and go into the advanced menu, they will want the MEID(Hex). Don't pull the battery when they tell you to the conversation will take forever waiting for the boot process.
    Perfect! Thanks so much for your time. I'm not stupid or anything. Just new to this type of concept. I'm a one time learner

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I've had good luck with MeanROM ICS on Cricket, it's also the best featured/functional ICS ROM for the 3vo I've seen. I have 0 issues with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information