Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

eliment

Question Is it worth it to Upgrade to Evo 3d ?

I currently have an Evo 4g. I have had it for 2 months and its by far one of the best phones I ever had. Before this I had an Iphone 3gs and before that I had a Htc touch pro 2 and before that a blackberry 8310 all on different carriers. Basically I am wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade to the HTC Evo 3d or maybe even wait for the Glory.

Im sure there are a couple members on this forum who owned both the EVO 4g and the EVO 3d so I just want to hear some thoughts on it.. Thanks..

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

It is. The 3D is smooth, and runs FAST. I've never seen this phone lag or freeze. That's all I have to say.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

1.2Ghz Dual Core Terga2 > 1G single core snapdragon. Just picked this one up over the weekend and it's great! Runs as smooth as can be, and blazes through any 3D game or emulator I've thrown at it.
    Last edited by Kirby9058; 02-06-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

I had the 3d and got rid of it after about 3to months. The 3d3d hurts tour eyes and you can't send 3d pics to anyone unless they have a 3d phone. Ya the speed is good but I think I would get something else. Just my opinion

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by SER-ious View Post
    I had the 3d and got rid of it after about 3to months. The 3d3d hurts tour eyes and you can't send 3d pics to anyone unless they have a 3d phone. Ya the speed is good but I think I would get something else. Just my opinion
    I would have rather had the SGS2, but it was twice the price of the Evo 3D with similar specifications. I don't understand why you would get rid of it just because you don't like the 3D. It's a completely optional feature. the only times you're actually seeing 3D is in your 3D pictures and videos (which you can always just take in 2D) and in 3D-supported apps.

3D aside, it's still one of the best phones on the market right now. The hardware still rocks, and I'm actually starting to really enjoy Sense 3.0.

My only real gripes at this point is that the front surface buttons are very sensitive, my clumsy hands like to hit them when I'm using the phone in landscape mode :/. And the camera flash may be a little too bright, if you're too close to whatever you're taking a picture of it will end up looking a little washed-out.

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

Lol its not the best on the market by far but your opinion. I sold it to get the bionic which I like better and its a little slimmer.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by SER-ious View Post
    Lol its not the best on the market by far but your opinion. I sold it to get the bionic which I like better and its a little slimmer.
    I said ONE of the best, not THE best. I'd say the SGSII and the Glaxy Nexus both beat out the Evo 3D, but not by that much. The Evo 3D's screen resolution, CPU speed and RAM are still INCREDIBLY competitive, keeping up with the SGSII (higher resolution, actually.) I'm speaking solely in terms hardware.

Also, the Adreno220 is one heck of a mobile GPU. I've been impressed with how well it handles High-Definition 3D games.
    Last edited by Kirby9058; 02-09-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

Haven't messed with either one of those phones so I can't say yeah ournay but agree with you on the specs

Thread Information