Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are some of the best Android apps you've found? For those of you who are app ex

What are some of the best Android apps you've found?

For those of you who are app experts, and over-downloaders, the Advanced Task Killer is a save-all. Just tap it once, and it closes every open app, so that your performance is boosted immediately.

The Best Android Apps

www.mycricket.com

The overwhelming amount of apps available for Android OS may not amount to the iPhone App Store just yet, but already, the quality and value have been surpassed. Android users are grateful to have an operating system that caters to those who appreciate control, quality, and precision. At any given m

More...

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

The best APPS I use the most on my LG Optimus C, Froyo 2.2.1 are:

** SuperBox. **
    I use this program to backup my APK files to a folder it creates called, "apps_backup" The only thing this APP will not do is backup private or protected APK files, but any APK file that is free and in the open will backup. Also, this APP allows me to send most installed APPS to the SD card. Once in awhile I come across an APP that will not move to SD card. This APP also allows me to check CPU usage, clear RAM, kill tasks and a lot more.

** Titanium Backup **
    This is another APP I use. It is for Rooted phones only. It's 100% my favorite as it will backup everything installed, including all system APPS and their settings. This APP has saved me so many times when I had to do a full factory reset. As long as you have a backup of your SDcard, you can recopy it back to SDcard and install this Titanium Backup and start restoring all your installed APPS and their settings. Warning!! Only backup your user apps and data, I found when backing up everything including system apps, it totally crashed my phone big time. I had to do a factory reset. Only backup user data and settings. I also found that I can backup protected and paid for software too.

** Astro File Manager **
    This is a really good file manager for navigating to all your folders on your SDcard, you can copy, paste, delete, move, and a lot more. It even allows you to backup your APK files installed that are in the clear. The only thing this software will not do is backup protected files.

** GO Launcher EX **
    This is another number one APP I have and I love it. Go launcher is a shell that runs on top of your boring looking android desktop and makes your phone look hot. There are so many themes you can download for this launcher. You can download lots of themes, icon packs and what not, and you can put together your own look, or use the already made themes.

** Mr.Number **
    Ahhh, another great APP I downloaded a few months ago. This free program allows you to block incoming calls from people you do not wish to hear from again. You add numbers to your block list and set the phone to pickup and hangup on them, or send them to voice mail. I like the pickup and hangup feature. If anything, this APP is a must have if your phone is on the compatibility list. I can tell you first hand this little gem has made my life so much better knowing it hangs up on those telemarketers. HEY, what better way to say I love you by having Mr.Number pickup and then hangup on your callers you hate. HAHAHA

** History Eraser **
    Another APP I like.... It will allow you to pick which cache folders to clean out, or you can click on the picture icon of a bomb and it will wipe out all cache folders and data. It will even clear out all your phone logs of the people you last called. good for those nosy friends that want to know who that girl friend is in your log files. hahaha

** Brightness Level **
    Another good one I use almost everyday. It's a small widget icon that you put on your desktop and by touching it, it opens a small menu of pre-set brightness settings. You need 100% brightness, click the icon and click 100% or you may want 50%, just click the icon and then click the 50% button.

** Quick Settings **
    I use this for quickly turn on or off Wifi, mobile data and volume settings.

** TubeMate **
    This is a great tool for downloading YouTube videos to your SDcard.

** WiFi Analyzer **
    This tool I use to test my Wifi connections and to find out who else around me is using Wifi and what channels they are using. It helped me trace down why my connection was dropping when I found out everyone in the neighborhood was using the same 802.11 or channel 1 I was using. So I was able to change to a higher channel I know was not in use.

** KeePass **
    This one I use all the time. it allows me to store all my web sites and passwords to accounts I have like Banking, PayPal, and so on.

** GPS Test **
    I use this APP to test out my phones GPS and to trace problems as to why navigation is not finding my location. Shows a map of the GPS SATS around you and stuff.

** QQPlayer **
    Out of all the video players I have found and didn't like, this one was the best for me. QQPlayer will play just about every format out there. I use it to play Divx, MKV, AVI, and MP4. the only thing I can't seem to play are FLV files.

*** In the Games Department, I have the following: ***

** -Guns- **
    I love to shot guns. This will let you select from a number of weapons and then shot them off at the indoor range.

** Angry Birds Rio **
    This game is highly addictive and fun to play. A new add on version was released and has all new places to go.

** Checkers Free **
    I love checkers. I can play this for hours.

** Fruited **
    This is a weird game. It's a knock off from the game Jewels, but with animals and an evil monkey that likes to steal everything. hehehe The jewels are really fruits and you match them up to advance in the game.

** Inspector Gadget Sound Board **
    if your a huge Inspector Gadget fan like me, then you will like this APP. I use it to torment my friends who hate Inspector gadget to no end. This sound board has all those famous sayings as you would expect. There is also Penny, Brain, and Dr.Claw sound board built in. There is also a fun facts section that gives you information about the show. I love this APP. By the way, since I'm on the topic of Inspector Gadget, does anyone know what gender Dr.Claws sidekick MAD CAT is? hehehe I have tried to find out for a year now.

** Jedi Light **
    If your into Star Wars, this APP is for you. You get to choose from different light sabers and you shake your phone around like you are battling someone and your phone makes light saber sounds. it also has background music for those moments you want to get into it.

** Jewels **
    This game I love.

** Jewels Deluxe **
    Same as above. You match three Jewels or more to move the row down to gain points.

** Moe Slider **
    O.k. this game is cute. It brings back the good old days of Puzzle sliders. Moe, by the way is pronounced, "Moe-a" It's a Japanese word meaning, "a rarefied pseudo-love for certain fictional characters (in anime, manga, and the like) and their related embodiments" Another words, you find Anime charters hot looking. hehehe What can I say, I'm a sick freak.

** Pinball Deluxe **
    Out of all the Pinball games out there, this one I love the most for the Android phone.

** Robotek **
    No, this is not the Anime Robotech, well I wish it was, but this game is called Robotek. It takes place in the future where wars are fought with robots on the battle field. Very addictive game.

** Slots Royale **
    Vegas Slot Machine game.

** Super Jump II (Been removed from Android Market) **
    I love this game. It's Mario from Mario Bros. and you jump over things and the screen scrolls down. I'm lucky to have this game saved as a backup because I no longer see it in the Android Market. Guess it was removed for copyright issues.

** Ultra Voice-Changer **
    This is a cool APP. does what it says, changes your voice. I use this APP a lot to leave phone messages to friends as a creepy sounding Alien voice. Piss them off every time. hahaha

** Moe Pachinko **
    OMG -- Warning!!! if your into Japanese Pachinko games, this one is a keeper. Moe, not MOE as in the Three-Stooges, but "Moe-a" is a Pachinko game with cute and sexy hot anime girls. In short, Pachinko is another word for Japanese Slot Machine. This is a game thats has me up for hours playing it. The only draw back is, it's in full Japanese. But it is easy to figure out. I place this game at the top of my list.

Thats it. I have other APPS installed too, but figure you guys get the idea.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-08-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Thank you for your detailed response. It has been posted on the front page as an article.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Thank you for your detailed response. It has been posted on the front page as an article.
    Cool. Thanks.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Thumbs up

These are a few of my favourites

I am using a rooted Samsung Indulge.

FILE EXPERT

My personal favourite file manager.

START UP MANAGER
    Block unwanted and unneeded apps from launching at start up.

CALL FILTER
    Blocks unwanted phone calls. I'm sure it's not the best, in fact I have used better, but it works for what I need it too, and that's stopping annoying wrong number callers and telemarketers. Eventually they will give up when you use this.

MOVIES
    Stay up to date on current and upcoming movies. Get local theater times, trailers, reviews, etc.

POYNT
    Nice app that works with your GPS to give you information about your current location. Find restaurants, movies, etc. My favourite feature helps me find the cheapest gas.

NOOM
    Track Calories and Exercise routines, to stay in shape or lose weight easily.

TUNEIN RADIO
    AM/FM and Internet radio stations from all around the world, as well as your local area.

mVIDEO PLAYER
    A great video player, the first I could find that actually loaded the .sub subtitles. I love this so much, since I was able to watch Lone Wolf and Cub on my phone.

MERIDIAN MEDIA PLAYER
    Exactly what I wanted for playing MP3's. I listen to a lot of different lectures so my ID3 tags are very unorganized, with this app I am able to use folders instead of just ID3 tags to find what I want to hear.

SUBMISSION AND ADHAN ALARM

These apps are a must for practicing Muslims. With Submission you can read Qur'an Translations, Authentic Books of Hadith, even study the Bible. Adhan Alarm lets you know when it's time to make salaat.

BANK OF AMERICA
    Let's you check your Bank of America balance, and transfer funds between your accounts. Trust me, this can save your life when you are unexpectedly declined or decide you need some money from your savings account in an emergency. Some people may worry about security issues.

eBUDDY
    Great instant messaging app.

GAMES
    Angry Birds, Pacman, Tetris, Bust-a-Move, and NES and SNES emulators are a must for me.
    Last edited by 154-4bdu114h; 07-09-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Cool APPs you got there, 154-4bdu114h.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

What no tapatalk to stay current on cricketusers while on the go?

Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Thanks Hexley.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    What no tapatalk to stay current on cricketusers while on the go?

I'm going to find an APK for that right now, thanks for reminding me.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I'm going to find an APK for that right now, thanks for reminding me.
    hope that doesnt mean your not going to pay for it

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    original Ascend

One app I really like is the IMDB app! If you are into movies and TV, you can watch trailers, see news on your favorite shows, and see casts. One of best things I like about it is that it's free too!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

hope that doesnt mean your not going to pay for it
    No, it means I purchased it last night.. not that its any of your business if I pay for apps or not. :-)

Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

No, it means I purchased it last night.. not that its any of your business if I pay for apps or not. :-)

Its not my business but its always good to know that there are still some people that don't rip off apps.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Its not my business but its always good to know that there are still some people that don't rip off apps.

Well honestly some apps are worth supporting and then there are some that aren't. Tapatalk is worth it.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Well honestly some apps are worth supporting and then there are some that aren't. Tapatalk is worth it.

I understand. Tapatalk is by far the best app I've bought. Next will be greenk 45 when I have the money to spare

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information