Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Verified Dealer
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    LG Revolution

Sprint Nexus S 4G Cricket Rom Text talk Wap Mms Apps

Here is to Diffrent roms one works on the 45 plan with proxy and the other works on the 55 Android plan. The rom comes with instructions for root and instalation of the rom. Enjoy.

LINK REMOVED
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 10-20-2011 at 07:47 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I recently moved from a fascinate to the nexus s, which rom are u using as a base? i'm using cyanogenmod 7 right now but my contacts keeps fcing for some reason so i'm gonna try go contacts and if that dont fix it i might try this cricket rom. thanx

Quote Originally Posted by hitemupwireless View Post
    Here is to Diffrent roms one works on the 45 plan with proxy and the other works on the 55 Android plan. The rom comes with instructions for root and instalation of the rom. Enjoy.

LINK REMOVED
    so nice of you to upload my work and not even give credit.... this was a paid solution, i don't know who you are or where you got it from, but you should not post things that is not your work... its ok though, things like this always happen, and is somewhat expected. enjoy your five min of internet fame
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 10-20-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Verified Dealer
    Phone
    LG Revolution

I bought the rom From Someone on MF Not going to say names But I'm not going to take it down as I paid for it So i own it

it doesnt matter where or who you bought it from... u should not be posting what others are selling. but in any case, post the old stuff you bought. soon it will get u banned from majority of the forums, and people will not sell to "hitemupwireless" so u will run out of stuff to post to get internet fame....

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

So this is a rom for a phone that was posted? (not gonna download it and look) I am not sure it's illegal to give away something that someone has purchased. Reselling it sure. Is there code/files/whatever in this rom that states it is the property of the creator and not for resale or distribution through any other medium? (Again not looking myself) If not, I think there is not much to stand one although IANAL.

If there is an issue, perhaps the author should contact Megaupload and inform them of a copyright violation.

Not taking a side here (yet), just interjecting my opinion.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I am also curious about the price of said rom. I have seen a few roms for sale. One guy was selling roms for $80 a piece for some android phone, Droid X maybe. Now I have to ask, whats the advantage to paying for a rom at all when there are tons of free ones out there? One just needs to go to rootzwiki or droidforums or a dozen other places to get great roms for free. Look at CM7. So what is the big deal about this rom you sell? Looking for education here.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Closed by mistake.. my browser hates me.
    Last edited by Woof; 10-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

The link in the op contains two flashable zips created by me. Main purpose being mms. It contains mms.apk compiled by me with necessary edits for cricket mms. when u flash the zip, it shows "by kc720." This was a custom solution that I was selling. Yes u can download many roms from various sites, but not with cricket functionality baked in. in general, selling a flashing solution u buy from some one else is a definite no no. if u dont have a nexus s 4g at the moment, u can open the zip and see my sig... P.m. me for info on it if u need

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by kc720 View Post
    The link in the op contains two flashable zips created by me. Main purpose being mms. It contains mms.apk compiled by me with necessary edits for cricket mms. when u flash the zip, it shows "by kc720." This was a custom solution that I was selling. Yes u can download many roms from various sites, but not with cricket functionality baked in. in general, selling a flashing solution u buy from some one else is a definite no no. if u dont have a nexus s 4g at the moment, u can open the zip and see my sig... P.m. me for info on it if u need

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Ok thanks.
    Questions. If a person edits and compiles a mms.apk file specifically with Cricket settings, like you have, and arrives at the same solution you are selling and labeling with 'by kc720', but gives it away for free, are they stepping on your toes? For that matter if a person edited and recompiled YOUR mms.apk and took out your signature references how would you know? Could you identify the difference between yours and another such file? Is it right for anyone to edit a file created by Google or Cricket or both and then sell or distribute it for free as their own property/creation? If they do that dont they have to license the software in some fashion, like Creative Commons or some such?

Again, I am just asking questions here.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

well, my main point is that the link in the o.p. is definitely my work. in the flashing business that we have today, we have few individuals that work on new devices to get it to work properly on cricket. that being said, what is being paid for is the time and effort that was taken to make this work. so when a person (a dealer who flashes phones for a living) pays for a solution, to use, that doesnt mean they should be reselling the work which is not theirs... or post it for free. i guess its the nature of this business though.... its bound to happen. any ways, the main thing is that i know what's going on.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by kc720 View Post
    well, my main point is that the link in the o.p. is definitely my work. in the flashing business that we have today, we have few individuals that work on new devices to get it to work properly on cricket. that being said, what is being paid for is the time and effort that was taken to make this work. so when a person (a dealer who flashes phones for a living) pays for a solution, to use, that doesnt mean they should be reselling the work which is not theirs... or post it for free. i guess its the nature of this business though.... its bound to happen. any ways, the main thing is that i know what's going on.
    OK so it's your work. Do you have the right to alter others work and sell it? Is "your work" protected by any intellectual property laws because it's "yours"? Or is it someone else's work that was freely available and just modified by you? Not really all that versed in IPL but it would seem that it would only cover original works. Unless the original was specifically licensed to the person who would later modify it to resell.
    So my question is do you actually have the right to modify the mms.apk and claim is as your own and resell it? If you do, then there could be an issue here with hitemup's "sharing" of your files. If not then the whole thing is moot.

Thread Information