Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by mchipser View Post
    Well after flashing the 3G speeds are terrible. I am using the PRL from here. The phones are based currently in Temple TX.

It seems one phone has better 3G than the other but it still isn't very good.

EDIT: what does it mean when the 3G and the signal bars turn grey?
    EDIT: it appears the grey sysmbols mean there still is a data connection just not a connection to Google.
    What plan are both of them on. That matter. Always recheck ur settings. Redownload the prl and reflash. Sometimes it get mess up somehow.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I Need MMS Help My MMS Isn't Working Here Are My Settings:

Name: Cricket

APN: wap.mycricket.com

Proxy: wap.mycricket.com

Port: 8080

Username: **********@mycricket.com

Password: cricket

Server: Blank

MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: Blank

MMS Port: Blank

MCC: 310

MNC: 120

APN Type: *

These Are The Instructions I Followed

MMS (45 dollar plan) (Thanks chrisnod) (55 dollar plan don't need autstart.apk, autostart.sh, and scriptrunner)
    step 22: Copy ES File Explorer, APN Manager, Autostart root, Autostart.sh, Scriptrunner over to sd card as well as The Files In the MMS Folder. (telephony.db, Mms.apk, and the APN's) ony get the proxied if you have the 45 dollar plan. If You have the 55 dollar plan get unproxied.
    step 23: Install Apn Manager from sd card as well as Es file explorer. Open Es file explorer and go to settings and check the box that says root explorer and mount file system. Got to Home directory and delete everything except the first forward slash. Press back on the phone until you come to the home screen of es file explorer.
    step 24: Goto Data folder and click it and now hit menu, new, folder. Rename it to opt. Press back, goto sdcard and find the autostart.sh file and long press it. Select copy, press back, goto data/opt and swipe up on the screen then select the autostart.sh. ( if on 55 dollar plan you can skip this step)
    step 25: Press back, goto sdcard and select autostart root and install and scriptrunner. No U2nL file is needed due to greenk 45 putting one in already.
    step 26: Goto Apn Manager and make a backup of stock apn which should be sprint. Exit
    step 27: Goto Es File explorer and goto the Proxied Apn and select it and long press it select copy. Press back goto ApnManager Folder and swipe up on screen then select the apn to paste. Long press apn that you just pasted and rename it to ApnBackup.xml or you'll get a "null" error when trying to restore. Delete stock apn. Exit
    step 28: Go back to ApnManager and goto Backup and Restore, Select Restore. Now goto Apn list, long press the Cricket apn and select edit. put your phone number in the right spots. (999-999-9999) spots I do believe.
    step 29: Scroll to the bottom and change the MNC to 120. the Mcc should be 310 already. Click save at the bottom and exit.
    step 30: Now go back to Es file explorer and goto sdcard, find the Mms.apk, longpress select copy, go back, goto system/app and swipe up on screen and select Mms and overwrite the original Mms.apk.
    step 31: go back to sdcard and select telephony.db, longpress and copy, go back and select data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases and swipe up on screen and select the tlephony.db file and overwrite the original. exit and reboot phone.
    step 32: longpress on home screen and goto widgets and select scriptrunner. set the settings to yor liking. Reboot phone.
    If autostart desn't kick in keep rebooting until it does. sometimes it takes more than once for super user to grant root permissions.

But When I Reboot It Says CDMA For My APN And MMS Still Isn't Working Can Someone Please Help Me I Need MMS For My Job

Flash went well and has been going good for a while.. My only few problems are. When i go into a roaming zone it doesn't go back to a non-roaming zone automatically I have to reboot. Even though it is working on Cricket, I got the OTA ICS update. Is this normal?

Phone
    Samsung Epic CM9

Quote Originally Posted by mchipser View Post
    Flash went well and has been going good for a while.. My only few problems are. When i go into a roaming zone it doesn't go back to a non-roaming zone automatically I have to reboot. Even though it is working on Cricket, I got the OTA ICS update. Is this normal?
    i had a similar problem... when you flashed it you have to make sure that you have more than one profile(i use 3) with your information (0000000000@mycricket.com) and make sure that one is the one that is enabled.. i think it has something to do with roaming cause mine worked fine until i went outta town and returned... then my 3g wouldnt work at all. dont know if this is the same, but with the roaming involved i thought its worth mentioning...

I went to WhiteRabbit to make NV Items and when I try to inject them via CDMA Workshop I get an error saying something in the lines of "Internal device is locked... Need a 16 digit password".

Any solutions?
    Last edited by unamedplayer; 05-10-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Need to go to unlock spc first.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

1.open cdma workshop
    2.select port
    3.hit connect
    4.go to security tap
    6.send the Samsung 16 digit pass code
    7.should tell you "phone unlocked"
    8.send nv items
    9.close cdma and restart phone

Overall activity: 2.0%

Help no talk or text just internet working I did everything as instructed many times n I still can't get talk or text to work on my nexus
    Last edited by Jeffy Mclovin; 05-31-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Phone
    Samsung Epic CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy Mclovin View Post
    Help no talk or text just internet working I did everything as instructed many times n I still can't get talk or text to work on my nexus
    . Id try a different prl... what prl are you using?? And you have got ahold of cricket and had an esn change done to transfer to your new phone? Sorry just have to ask...304$tylez
    Last edited by xtrapimpy; 06-01-2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: adding detail

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by xtrapimpy View Post
    . Id try a different prl... what prl are you using?? And you have got ahold of cricket and had an esn change done to transfer to your new phone? Sorry just have to ask...304$tylez
    No n I'm using 21081HybridCricketUsersCom.prl 45613-21081HybridCricketUsersCom.prl where do I get the esn in the qpts

Overall activity: 4.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury Ice

Ok I have the opposite problem as most of the pole here, I have internet but no talk or text :-(, what am I doing wrong? I have the Android plan.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury Ice

I have tried numerous prls, my internet on the phone has worked on all I have tried so far, but still no talk or text, I have had the esn added to my account. When I bought the phone it was suppose to already be flashed to cricket, I figured all I would have to do was change the phone number in qpst. When I started it said this device is not authorized to make calls (or something like that) please call cricket support to activate this phone. After I changed prls it started saying if you would like to make a collect call.... If I call 611 it goes to cricket, so I am really confused, please help!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Elovich View Post
    I have tried numerous prls, my internet on the phone has worked on all I have tried so far, but still no talk or text, I have had the esn added to my account. When I bought the phone it was suppose to already be flashed to cricket, I figured all I would have to do was change the phone number in qpst. When I started it said this device is not authorized to make calls (or something like that) please call cricket support to activate this phone. After I changed prls it started saying if you would like to make a collect call.... If I call 611 it goes to cricket, so I am really confused, please help!
    Did you use on the the forms to place the device on your account? You would have had to change the MDN/MIN and all the data profiles in QPST.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury Ice

I did use the forms to put the device on my account, could the converter have been wrong on my device's meid number? I had to convert it from meid to esn. I have changed the MDN/MIN and all the data profiles in qpst, I am at a loss

Btw I checked the number a couple of times before I submitted it on t the request

nevermind on it being the wrong esn i just took the back off the phone and it has both numbers dec and hex and it comes out the same. please help i am ready to throw this phone i am so annoyed with it....
    Last edited by Angel Elovich; 06-29-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury Ice

Ok I emailed support (forum), the esn on the account matches my phone, I have tried at least 30 different prl's the internet works on all of them, but the phone still won't make or receive calls or text, I have reviewed the tutorial and double triple quadruple and then some checked to make sure I did everything right, what could I be missing?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information