Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Phone
    n/a

Have a question??? If I flash to cricket how will that effect the flashing of custom ROMs?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Most roms will work fine. For the most part the only problem occurs when a rom removes the access to the phone's diag mode.

You may have to reprogram MMS and Internet (for the latter especially if you are on the 45 dollar plan).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Does this work also on the Sprint Samsung Intercept?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

There's a separate section for that phone if I recall correctly.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Huawei Ascend RC1

I'm not sure if this question was asked already but is it possible to flash other roms even if u flashed this phone to cricket?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It's in a couple different threads. You can always flash other ROMs. The talk and text should remain the same. If you are on the Android plan, your Internet will probably work after the change also. You might have to reconfigure your MMS.

If on the $45 plan, you might have to reconfigure your Internet settings AND MMS. For the Internet, you can use GreenK45 (which is changing to CU Toolbox [Thanks Mraabhimself]).

What I find a problem is when you change ROMs to something that doesn't support a diag mode. In this situation, you won't be able to change PRLs, the phone number, data profile, etc if you need to later. You'd have to revert back to the stock ROM or a ROM that supports it.

I've been using Titanium Backup more so that I don't have to setup e-mail, apps, etc all over again.

Confused.. i dont quite understand where it says to enter my phone number in at whiterabbits site. I dont have a cricket line "Yet" im hoping i can complete this tut so i CAN get a line. Can i not complete this till i activate a line? Am i doing something wrong?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Flashing a phone is not like unlocking a GSM phone. It must be programmed with the desired phone number.

You can put a Cricket PRL on it, dial *611 or *228 and reach Cricket, but I don't really consider this a flashed phone lol. People sell flashed phones as if because it worked for them, it will work for someone else, which I find hilarious and sad at the same time. A novice user will be getting a big surprise.

0k so i need to get a cricket account then i can just swap the phone over correct?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Yes pretty much. Oh and our remote software does support this phone. It says full flash.

For some reason when I flashed the phone.. I couldn't get the internet to work.. just keeps popping up with the message "browser can not load this page because there is no internet connection " and it shows no 3g at the top..the mobile network is active.. and i checked the settings vs my evo.. since the threads are basically the same p.s. the it's not my first rodeo i just flashed my evo 3d.. i saw the step for the edit epst was no added but i found *#*#3282#*#* is how to get into the mode..

Hello all,

I have my Nexus S 4g (SPHD720) unlocked and rooted, but I'm having trouble getting a plan. I chatted with someone (Tammy) online last night via Cricket's sales chat to see if they could assist in selling me a plan, but she said that I'd have to go to a storefront since online reps could only sell a plan+phone. So today I go to a Cricket storefront and the employee there tried to sell me a plan+phone a few times until it was made clear that I simply needed a plan. She then told me that it was impossible to flash my phone because "it won't work here in Oklahoma since we use a satellite from Dallas and Tulsa."

I have absolutely no issue using CDMA workshop 2.7/QPST to complete the flash process, I just need to purchase a plan so I can follow step 7 and continue. Can someone please help me understand where to go from here? The flash is clearly not impossible since Chrisngrod has laid out very concise steps on how to complete it. Is there anything I can do to simply buy a plan only?

Thank you.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend RC1

Roms

Which Rom do u guys recommend after the flash?

Phone
    evo

hey guys just asking what if i have cdma 3.7 the new one will the envy work?

I have a $25/month voice+text plan from Cricket. No data, I am happy with just WiFi. Will I still be able to flash Nexus S 4G using this guide? Again, I am happy with WiFi data, and I want to keep my $25 voice+text plan.

Sorry for newbie question, but appreciate the guidance!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information