Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Also want to know the answer to this.. I have an unlimited Voice+SMS plan with Cricket, no data. What parts of the guide need to be skipped or modified in order to transfer just Voice+SMS to the new NexusS phone? I do not want Cricket to automatically add data and change my plan, as a result of switching to Android phone!

Also, do I need to transfer the ESN from my old phone (Kyocera) to the new NexusS? What's the best way to do that? I am happy to donate and transfer ESN through this site, if that's the easiest way.
    Last edited by ctyrider; 09-24-2011 at 01:47 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

okay guys im having trouble activating the phone with cricket they are saying that i cannot activate it!!

BUMP.. Can someone help answer this? @chrisngrod - any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by ctyrider View Post
    Also want to know the answer to this.. I have an unlimited Voice+SMS plan with Cricket, no data. What parts of the guide need to be skipped or modified in order to transfer just Voice+SMS to the new NexusS phone? I do not want Cricket to automatically add data and change my plan, as a result of switching to Android phone!

Also, do I need to transfer the ESN from my old phone (Kyocera) to the new NexusS? What's the best way to do that? I am happy to donate and transfer ESN through this site, if that's the easiest way.

I've flash my phone according to these steps.... and i did like 5x..... for some reason the sprint logo still pop and still no cricket network... ive tried *228, 611 nothing is working please help =/

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by samsungtransformer View Post
    okay guys im having trouble activating the phone with cricket they are saying that i cannot activate it!!
    It's because you're in DC. This is a triband area and Cricket is not going to provide any support for the device there. Please contact me privately for more information (live chat support "chrisngrod").

Quote Originally Posted by ctyrider View Post
    BUMP.. Can someone help answer this? @chrisngrod - any comments?
    If you only want voice and text, you don't have to worry about setting up the proxy (only for 45 plan) or sending NV items with CDMA Workshop. You're mainly focused on the CDMA tab and Roam tab within QPST.

Quote Originally Posted by audie2k3 View Post
    I've flash my phone according to these steps.... and i did like 5x..... for some reason the sprint logo still pop and still no cricket network... ive tried *228, 611 nothing is working please help =/
    The logo will always remain the same. Flashed phones don't load some special Cricket logo unless you make one yourself. The network will still say Sprint in the phone settings unless you change that also. Basically those things don't even matter. Have you changed the ESN on your account over to the Nexus S 4G? What PRL are you using?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    It's because you're in DC. This is a triband area and Cricket is not going to provide any support for the device there. Please contact me privately for more information (live chat support "chrisngrod").

If you only want voice and text, you don't have to worry about setting up the proxy (only for 45 plan) or sending NV items with CDMA Workshop. You're mainly focused on the CDMA tab and Roam tab within QPST.

The logo will always remain the same. Flashed phones don't load some special Cricket logo unless you make one yourself. The network will still say Sprint in the phone settings unless you change that also. Basically those things don't even matter. Have you changed the ESN on your account over to the Nexus S 4G? What PRL are you using?

yes switch my account over to ESN on the Nexus, and my prl is 05143

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Let us know if that remote flash did the trick audie2k3. If you have any problems, just notify us via the contact form or live chat.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Let us know if that remote flash did the trick audie2k3. If you have any problems, just notify us via the contact form or live chat.
    thx Chris the Remote flash work like a charm

Phone
    Huawei Ascend RC1

what in the world is a comport? i cannot find mine

i need your help on how to do the web and mms for the nexus s 4G

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Refer to post 1.

I'm trying to complete a flash however I'm getting stuck on the NV items part. I have CDMA Workshop 3.7.5 and
    whiterabbit.org

says I need 2.7 or 3.5 and it also mentions it is for Droid 1 only. Do I just ignore these warnings?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

The tutorial is made based on our own findings. We used the NV items made on whiterabbit.org, however that site has not been updated in a while. It's purely being used for the NV items only and not for the other information provided. Since it first came out, those NV items have been used with tons of Motorola devices and some other devices. Of course everything here is done at your own risk, but it did work for us.

I have an unlimited Voice+SMS plan with Cricket, no data. What parts of the guide need to be skipped or modified in order to transfer just Voice+SMS to the new NexusS phone? I do not want Cricket to automatically add data and change my plan, as a result of switching to Android phone!

Also how will i change my service/line to google nexus s from my old phone? I am more than happy to be a supporting member

Customer Since
    8/9/2012
    Phone
    Flashed Nexus S 4G

I managed to flash over the Nexus 4G... I have voice and data working. MMS is not wokring. I have the android data plan. What do you think I missed?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information