Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: MMS Not Working

Overall activity: 0%

MMS Not Working

These Are The Instructions Is I Used To Flash The Phone (Except The Rom Flashing) And When I Open APN Manager It Says "No APN Activated" So How Do I Get APN Manager To Activate A APN I Need MMS For Work

Flashing the samsung nexus 4g
    Talk & Text (goto
    linux, android, and cute bunnies - whiterabbit.org

to get the NVedit file which would be the MDN@mycricket.com_cdma27 file)( I used the cdma workshop 3.8)
    step 1: install the drivers
    step 2: put phone in diag mode by dialing *#*#8778#*#* then put usb part on modem.
    Step 3: open cdma workshop, connect to whichever com port your phone is on ( goto start menu, control panel, system, device manager, ports (com & LPT))
    step 4: click read, goto security and in the passwords section use the default samsung password, click send, now look at the spc/ user lock section just to the right and you'll see the spc code.
    step 5: click the spc box, click write 000000, click ok on the little pop up, you just changed the spc to 000000.
    step 6: goto to the other tab, click write in the prl section find and open the cricket prl. Click ok on the popup. prl has been written.
    step 7: goto main tab, click read at the bottom, input your MIN in, and put your MDN at the Dir_Number box.
    step 8: goto memory, Click write in the NV-items and open MDN@mycricket.com_cdma27 file to write NV items. rename the MDN with your Phone number. ( thanks whiterabbit)
    step 9: go back to main tab and click mode at the very top and then reset. Exit Cdma workshop.

3G & internet
    step 10: open QPST version 2.7 build 366. Goto QPST Configuration, Click add new port, find your port where the phone is on, click ok.
    step 11: npw click on Start clients up at the very top, click service programming. Click ok on the little box.
    step 12: click read from phone on the botton, click ok on the spc screen that popups, Now go to M.IP up top.
    step 13: edit every profile, if you have only two profiles add another one for a total of three profiles. Change Mobile IP Behavior to simple Ip only.
    NAI and Tethered NAI= MDN@mycricket.com, the Home, Primary, and secondary addresses are all 0's. Click ok when all three profiles are edited and don't forget to enable the third profile.
    step 14: click PPP Config Tab, click the Um button, Tethered NAI and User ID= MDN@mycricket.com, password= cricket. Prin=mary and secondary DNS is all 0's.
    step 15: Next click AN, User Id is MDN@mycricket.com password is cricket. Click write to phone. Let it reboot and then Exit.

Bootloader unlock and rooting (Thanks Chris378 and ShabbyPenguin)

This will unlock your boot loader and root your phone.

step 16: Connect your Google Nexus S 4G to the computer and enable USB Debugging.
    step 17: You can go to settings > applications > development and enable USB Debugging.
    step 18: Do not mount SD Card when you connect the phone with PC.
    step 19: Now open One Click Nexus S 4G Folder and install drivers for your device.
    step 20: PDANetA300x64 drivers are for 64 Bit Windows and PDANetA300 are for 32 Bit.
    step 21: Once you are done with installing drivers, double click RUN.EXE.
    step 22: Now follow onscreen instructions to root your Nexus S 4G.

And there you go! If everything goes as planned, you will have your Nexus S 4G rooted within no time.
    Once the process of rooting is complete, reboot your device and download Root Checker from Market to verify root.

Rom Flashing
    this has to be done due to stock rom will not allow greenk 45 pro to enable.
    make sure your on android version 2.3.7

Step 16: connect phone to pc and enable usb Mass storage.
    step 17: copy the file update-cm-7.1.0.1- NSAG- signed to the root of phone/usb internal card whatever lol.
    step 18: copy rom manager.apk to root as well, and greenk 45 pro if your on 45 dollar plan.
    step 19: install rom manager 1st and flash clockworkmod recovery then go to istall rom from sd card.
    step 20: choose the update-cm-7.1.0.1-NS4G-signed file let it install.
    step 21: now once rebooted go to file manager and find greenk 45 pro and install. (only for 45 dollar plan)

MMS (45 dollar plan) (Thanks chrisnod) (55 dollar plan don't need autstart.apk, autostart.sh, and scriptrunner)
    step 22: Copy ES File Explorer, APN Manager, Autostart root, Autostart.sh, Scriptrunner over to sd card as well as The Files In the MMS Folder. (telephony.db, Mms.apk, and the APN's) ony get the proxied if you have the 45 dollar plan. If You have the 55 dollar plan get unproxied.
    step 23: Install Apn Manager from sd card as well as Es file explorer. Open Es file explorer and go to settings and check the box that says root explorer and mount file system. Got to Home directory and delete everything except the first forward slash. Press back on the phone until you come to the home screen of es file explorer.
    step 24: Goto Data folder and click it and now hit menu, new, folder. Rename it to opt. Press back, goto sdcard and find the autostart.sh file and long press it. Select copy, press back, goto data/opt and swipe up on the screen then select the autostart.sh. ( if on 55 dollar plan you can skip this step)
    step 25: Press back, goto sdcard and select autostart root and install and scriptrunner. No U2nL file is needed due to greenk 45 putting one in already.
    step 26: Goto Apn Manager and make a backup of stock apn which should be sprint. Exit
    step 27: Goto Es File explorer and goto the Proxied Apn and select it and long press it select copy. Press back goto ApnManager Folder and swipe up on screen then select the apn to paste. Long press apn that you just pasted and rename it to ApnBackup.xml or you'll get a "null" error when trying to restore. Delete stock apn. Exit
    step 28: Go back to ApnManager and goto Backup and Restore, Select Restore. Now goto Apn list, long press the Cricket apn and select edit. put your phone number in the right spots. (999-999-9999) spots I do believe.
    step 29: Scroll to the bottom and change the MNC to 120. the Mcc should be 310 already. Click save at the bottom and exit.
    step 30: Now go back to Es file explorer and goto sdcard, find the Mms.apk, longpress select copy, go back, goto system/app and swipe up on screen and select Mms and overwrite the original Mms.apk.
    step 31: go back to sdcard and select telephony.db, longpress and copy, go back and select data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases and swipe up on screen and select the tlephony.db file and overwrite the original. exit and reboot phone.
    step 32: longpress on home screen and goto widgets and select scriptrunner. set the settings to yor liking. Reboot phone.
    If autostart desn't kick in keep rebooting until it does. sometimes it takes more than once for super user to grant root permissions.

(The reason for autostart.sh, autostart.apk, and scriptrunner on top of greenk 45 is scriptrunner needs the autostart.sh file to run. greenk enables the 3g but scriptrunner keeps it going without cutting off. autostart root activates the autostart.sh file. Mine kept cutting off.)

You should now be fully flashed to cricket with everything working.
    If you have any questions just email me at brian638039@aol.com and i'll answer them when I check my emails

NOTE: I'm a very busy person with school so i'll try to get to them in a timely manner enjoy.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    8/9/2012
    Phone
    Flashed Nexus S 4G

Your title makes this thread sound like your MMS doesnt work. This looks interesting....

Phone
    Nexus s 4g

That's how i flashed mine an mms worked fine, i would just pay the $5 an get mraabhimself'z mms apk an save yourself the trouble itz working great on all the ics romz or gingerbread

Customer Since
    8/9/2012
    Phone
    Flashed Nexus S 4G

It looks like everything will work fine here. THe MMS APK app... Where is this located? Can i buy it from android market?

Phone
    Nexus s 4g

If your using gingerbread start at step 26 an end it at 31 unless your using the proxy, but the mms app is on this site id message Mraabhimself itz only for the 55 plan tho but i could be wrong

Customer Since
    8/9/2012
    Phone
    Flashed Nexus S 4G

I found the app from mrarab... I currently have CM7 and want to move forward to CM9... I dont think I will have to flash back to a stock rom. THe phone is working now with talk, and text. I will probably try both methods and stick with the one that works. Im on the 55plan.

Phone
    Nexus s 4g

No you don't got to flash to stock but if your going to any ics rom The mms instructions posted above won't work the mms app is the easiest way to get mms working

Customer Since
    8/9/2012
    Phone
    Flashed Nexus S 4G

Where are these files located for steps 26 and on?

Phone
    Nexus s 4g

There in the rar file on the flash nexus s 4g thread download it then unzip it

Customer Since
    8/9/2012
    Phone
    Flashed Nexus S 4G

step 7: Does not let me enter MIN & MDN

Phone
    Galaxy S3

where is the original post at?

Thread Information