Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Moving to cricket and considering using a nexus 4g

Hey guys im not new to the android scene by any means however I am considering buying a used Galaxy Nexus 4g and flashing it to cricket. I have a few questions however.

I've noticed that Cricket have changed their plans around recently and I currently do not have a cricket account. So I assume I would have to buy a cheap phone and then follow the flashing procedure, correct? Can I just walk into a cricket store and buy the cheapest phone they have and get the $45 plan? or do i need an android plan now to get the full 3g data speeds? The 3g data is important to me and I wouldn't really mind paying for the android plan either the 2.5gb or the 5gb. If this is required to get the 3g speeds. Also if I do the $45/mo plan how much data is safe to use? I am a bit of a power user, and would have to estimate I would use between 2GB and 5GB of data/mo.

Also it looks like when we flash these devices we are NOT spoofing the ESN correct? So I could resell the device i get from cricket?

I know I'm probably asking some noob questions :-P but all the tutorials seem to talk about the $45/mo plan vs the $55/mo plan (which isn't even offered anymore?).

Also how big a pain is it to get Cricket to change the ESN on your account for a non-cricket device? I assume we have to call this in?

Is it possible to setup a new cricket account without a having a cricket phone first?

Thanks in advanced,

Wayne
    Last edited by TeODH4; 01-01-2013 at 06:28 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone Whore(;
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Moving to cricket and considering using a nexus 4g

You can get an account with cricket before you flash your phone. Just call it in and tell them you need to start an account. Give them the ESN from the phone you are trying to flash and they will give you the MDN and MIN after you pick your plan etc. Tell them you would like to put the device as a android phone and from there pick your android plan. There's the 50, 60, and 70. Sometimes they don't put the right plan but you can request a plan change on the forum as long as there are no prorated fees involved.

Hope this helped some. I'm not the best at explaining things!

Sent from my iPad Mini on AT&T using Tapatalk HD
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Thread Information