Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    LG Optimus S

My findings on the Galaxy Nexus flash to cricket

Hello everyone
    I don't post here much, and this really isn't the right area and my apologies if it's not.
    What I came across on the GNex for Sprint is this.
    All programming can be done on the phone
    Write PRL
    Change Data information
    NAI and such
    The only draw back is the MSL/SPC for the phone.
    I got everything programed into the phone but didn't activate it as it was not my own phone and the actual owner decided not to activate it after it was all completed and only because they wanted every feature fully working. Anyhow get yourself Launcher Pro Plus or anycut from the market or bettercut also from the market. Make a new shortcut and under the hidden menu option you will find the individual items to edit and you can do so without the SPC. The only ones that cannot are the debug menu or the RTN option, they both require the SPC. I didn't use bettercut for shortcuts but I did try out anycut( to limited on the names to know for sure what you are using) LauncherProPlus gives you complete names, so look for the edit at the end of the name. Also the getprop option doesn't work at least on the phone I had which of course was on 4.0.4
    The PRL file needs to be renamed test.prl and put on the sdcard and you can write it from the phone by making a shortcut on the homescreen.
    The Via Telecom chipset used for this model requires a specific package to interface with it and the free version along with a missing driver limited my success on a diag mode interface with this phone. The model I had which was the Galaxy Nexus I noticed 2 different Diag modes and I say this because when I set one and noticed the other I also saw it wasn't set the same. When set either together or seperate cause my XP machine to hide the ports.
    So long story short, it can be programmed if for nothing else but talk and text. Hopefully someone else will have greater success based upon these findings by me and the 48hrs solid I spent with this phone. I had to walk away from it only because of the owners time restraints and our shared language barrier.
    Thank you

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus S

I forgot to mention that the dialer codes for this model (the one I had to work on) started with *#*# and ended with *#*#
    but as mentioned before that if you dial *#*#DIAG#*#* it brings up the PHONUTIL for the phone and if you set it up for modem on both touch home or back to exit that if you place a shortcut to the PHONEUTIL it will show it as not engaged. I also want to put out that all of this and more was done with out the MSL/SPC. since there is no DIAG mode that worked for me due to it removing the driver from the device manager. It is very possible that the phone requires windows 7 to work even though I finally aquired the Via Telecom driver file. There was still one device that wouldn't install and I believe this to be the actual diagnostic serial port. Also LaunchePROplus worked the best for me because of the support for long file name and descriptions plus it groups shortcuts together. I really hope this helps anyone out who is looking for basic service on the phone.
    Come to find out I may be tinkering with this phone a little more and will post my continued findings about it.

Phone
    MetroPCS actually

angelwireless

Nice work!
    You got some good info here and this is were I've been stuck for awhile now.
    I'm not really sure how CricKet service works but, as for me I'm looking to flash my Sprint GNex to MetroPCS.
    I can change virtually all the setting I need but, where I'm stuck at now is I need the "Samsung 16 Digitit Security Code" for the GNex? Anyone know it?

I'd be happy with just Talk and Text with the device for now... Figuring out Data, MMS etc... will come soon enough!

Any and all help would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TheEndGame7; 06-17-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

"reparing" meid is illigal... Cant talk about it here on the Forum

Sent from my Evo 3D running ICS 4.0.3

Phone
    MetroPCS actually

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post

What are you talking about? lol Sorry!

Phone
    LG Optimus S

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post

Not to sure I follow you, I made no such mention of what you suggest.
    Anyhow moving along....

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheEndGame7 View Post
    angelwireless

Nice work!
    You got some good info here and this is were I've been stuck for awhile now.
    I'm not really sure how CricKet service works but, as for me I'm looking to flash my Sprint GNex to MetroPCS.
    I can change virtually all the setting I need but, where I'm stuck at now is I need the "Samsung 16 Digitit Security Code" for the GNex? Anyone know it?

I'd be happy with just Talk and Text with the device for now... Figuring out Data, MMS etc... will come soon enough!

Any and all help would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    What is the purpose of the 16digit password? the only place you would use that is with cw. Unless I'm mistaken the SPC/MSL has always been 6 digits. So if you had success with the drivers and acquiring a diagnostic serial port then please share with the rest of us.

If you have your MIN and MDN you can manually enter them through the back door style. Just look for the right shortcut ending with edit. you can write the prl manually along with editing the data settings of the phone with your account info i.e
    Your10digit#@mycricket.com
    password is cricket
    mmsc is
    HTTP://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

port is 8080
    Let me know if this helps you out and if you can please provide the answers to the few questions I asked earlier.
    Thank you

Here is some information on the VIA Tools and gettings the SPC... looks like it can be done..

[CDMA] VIA Repair and Reprogramming - xda-developers

I've given up on cricket, I went the GSM route on the GNex since it is only $350 new and Straight Talk is only $45 month.. the added benefit being since I purchased a new device I could get the ensquared insurance on the phone as well.

Cricket was really only a deal if you could get an off-market phone and flash it. Google should keep selling lower cost nexus devices.. and the data is much faster

Thread Information