Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Nexus S 4G

Nexus S - different models

Hi all trying to find an answer to this and all I see is incomplete or conflicting information so far...

Is there a model number Nexus S to avoid trying to flash to Cricket? I want the unlimited smartphone plan. Cricket's site's short answer for this kind of question is "buy a Cricket phone" for full service coverage...

Can we get a breakdown of the model numbers and a yes or no.... or what info to look for? I'm in Buffalo, NY, so I think I'm not in the tri-band coverage area.

GT-I9020 or GT-I9020T 900 / 1700 / 2100 MHz UMTS, Super AMOLED
    GT-I9020A 850 / 1900 / 2100 MHz UMTS, Super AMOLED
    GT-I9023 900 / 1700 / 2100 MHz UMTS, Super Clear LCD
    SPH-D720 CDMA2000, 4G WiMAX, Super AMOLED
    SHW-M200 900 / 1800 / 2100 MHz UMTS, Super AMOLED

NOt sure if that format will stick from the copy/paste, but there is from the wikipedia page about nexus S.
    I figure in the US we will mostly encounter the I9020 versions, the SPH-D720 (which is the 4G, I think?).

The others, well the SHW-M200 is supposedly Korea, so that leaves the I9023...

Any definitive info out there? Thanks, people.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Nexus S 4G

Well you guys left me to it and I am pretty sure I figured out that ONLY the SPH-D720 , aka the Nexus S 4G... ONLY that particular model will flash to cricket.

Also, it seems a long shot but since I love the phone's design and the concept behind the engineering and release of this phone I'm letting it convince me, because it seems like the most likely candidate to maybe be able to bring with me and activate/use when I go back to Korea. But really I have no idea and just want the phone. Soooo I will be needing some help flashing this thing to Cricket in a couple days.
    Last edited by Trick; 04-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Thread Information