Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Full Flash Verizon Motorola Droid 3 to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, Internet

I have been busy with a few different things, but if anyone cares I'll be posting the tutorial writeup in a bit. If anyone is in need of this now, please let me know.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE VIDEO. THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS BUT VERY SIMILAR FOR THIS DEVICE. IT WAS COPIED FROM THE DROID 2 THREAD WHICH WAS A COPY FROM THE DROID X THREAD.

This was originally posted by Kryptonit3 at myrootedandroid.com which has gone down unfortunately. It was made for the Droid X, but if you didn't know this devices are very similar.

The Droid 3 is a good candidate for flashing to Cricket. You can get it on the network with everything but the Verizon apps like navigation. Everyone uses Google for that anyways so who cares.

Let it be known that sometimes Cricket says they have put you on the $55 Android plan, but they put you on the All in 55 Plan (5m5). This is not where you want to be. You're paying 10 more bucks a month for absolutely nothing over the 45 dollar plan.

We offer plan change for free to forum members. Just use the contact us link at the very bottom of this page. Premier Supporters of the forum receive additional benefits such as free ESN changes on your account. No more paying $15 everytime you change phones. To become a Premier/Supporting Member, just go to the settings up top and find Paid Subscriptions on the left hand side. Choose a membership level of your liking. Also use the contact us form for any modifications you need made to your account or additional help.

I have modified it slightly.

If your phone is stuck on the activate screen that says touch the Android.... You need to click the black corners around it in a clockwise manner. Sometimes it takes a few tries. Here's a video for you (
    YouTube - How to Bypass the Android Activation Screen - Techerator

).

Currently since there is no root, there is no good way to get on the 45 plan and retain all features.

---begin---

There is currently no tutorial out for flashing a Motorola Droid X to cricKet so I took it upon myself to write one.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU DO TO YOUR DEVICE. I, NOR ANYBODY ELSE ARE MAKING YOU DO THIS, SO WHATEVER MAY HAPPEN TO YOUR DEVICE IS ON YOU.

Files Needed:
    Android SDK (
    Android SDK | Android Developers

)
    Motorola Drivers 32bit or 64bit (
    MOTODEV > Documentation & Tools > USB Drivers

)

PRL (*STICKY* Official Cricket PRL Thread)

While you still have the Verizon PRL, I'd check to see if there are any updates before moving on. You most likely will never get notified that there is an update available.

You will need the following files:

CDMA WS 2.7 (google) OR CDMA Workshop 2.7 Download

Download and install QPST (google for a download) OR QPST Version 2.7 Build 355

Harware Virtural Serial Port

- The single port version is free!

NV items from
    Android - whiterabbit.org

(you must generate this uniquely for your phone, go to the link enter xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com replace x's with your 10 digit phone number, make sure 2.7 is selected and download the file)

1) --step removed for now--

1) --step removed for now--
    2) --step removed for now--

3) --step removed for now--
    4) --step removed for now--
    5) You should have found and installed CDMA Workshop 2.7
    6) In HW Virtual Serial Port:

1. Boot the phone up regularly without the cable attached. There is no special button to press while booting.
    2. Connect the phone to the PC with a USB data cable.
    3. Slide down the notification bar and click on USB Connection row.
    4. Make sure the phone is set to PC Mode
    5. If you have the Android SDK kit on the PC the drivers should install automatically, or be pulled from the phone. If not there are some attached to this post.
    6. Now Download and Install HW Virtual Serial Port CLICK HERE
    7. Once you have it downloaded and installed open it up.
    8. Click the Login button. The password should automatically be filled in and click OK.
    9. Go to the Settings tab and make sure that NVT Enabled is unchecked and go back to the Virtual Serial Port tab.
    10. To be safe, pick a COM port above 8.
    11. Make sure the IP Address field reads 192.168.16.2 and the Port field reads 11008
    12. Click the Create COM button and after a few moments you should now have successfully created a COM port for your Droid 2.

If you get Error in the LAN Status field then you have not successfully installed the drivers for the phone, or the phone is not set in PC Mode.

7) Open up CDMA Workshop 2.7
    8) Under COM Settings (AT Mode) select the COM port you setup from the tutorial and then click the connect button. If it successfully connected it will say Connected to COM15 port successfully. on the bottom (may not say COM15, thats just the port I used.)
    9) Go to the Security tab and under SPC there will be an empty box. Enter 000000 then click the SPC button and Send. It will then popup saying SPC is correct. Phone unlocked.
    10) Now go to the Other tab. Under PRL click Write and browse to where you put that PRL from earlier.
    11) Go to the NAM tab and in the MIN and MDN(Dir_Number) boxes enter in the info you got from cricKet customer service and click write.
    12) Now go to the Memory tab. Under NV Items click Write. Browse and select the NV Item file you generated earlier. Once its done it will say 12 NV Items were successfully written to the phone.
    13) Go to the Main tab. Click Mode>Reset
    14) Your phone should have reset. Once it boots backup make sure to get your COM port back up and running.
    15) You may now close CDMA Workshop 2.7 and open QPST
    16) Open QPST Service Programming
    17) You should see your phone listed in the list. Select it, click Start Clients>Service Programming. When it opens select your phone and click OK in the Service Programming screen.
    18) You can use this to help you with QPST (http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...=qpst+tutorial) On the bottom left click a button labeled Read from Phone, a box will popup, there should be 000000 already typed in, click OK. this may take a few minutes. There will be a blue progress bar on the top. Go smoke a cigg.
    19) Go to the M.IP tab. Click on the entry in the User Profile box and click Edit. Make sure that NAI and Tethered NAI both read xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com (replace the x's with your 10 digit phone number). If they don't, type it in. Also make sure Home Address, Primary HA Address and Secondary HA Address read 0.0.0.0 if they don't, change them. Click OK
    20) While still on the M.IP tab make sure Mobile IP Behavior is set to Mob + Simp f/back. And make sure Active User says 0.
    21) Go to the PPP Config tab. Click UM button. In the PPP Authentication section make sure Tethered NAI and User ID reads xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com (replace the x's with your 10 digit phone number) and Req PW enc is checked and type cricket in for the password.
    22) While still in the PPP Config tab click the AN button. In the PPP Authentication section make sure User ID reads xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com (replace the x's with your 10 digit phone number) and Req PW enc is checked and type cricket in for the password. Tethered NAI should be blank.
    23) Now on the bottom click Write to Phone. May take a few minutes and your phone may restart.
    24) --step removed for now--
    25) --step removed for now--

After you put your ESN as the active one on your Cricket account, talk, text and Internet should work by this point.

MMS

1) Use this program to access your APN settings (http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...abhimself.html).
    2) Enter the settings below for the first APN.

Name: Cricket
    APN: Internet
    Proxy: <not set>
    Port: <not set>
    Username: yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    Server: wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 004
    Authentication: Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type: <not set>

3) Hit menu and save.
    4) Check the circle next to the name (it turns green).

5) Open the dialer and hit ##program talk.
    6) Enter SPC (000000 without quotes)
    7) Go to SMS/MMS settings.
    8) MML server name wap.mycricket.com.
    9) Address for upload to online album, change to 111111.
    10) Back out and the settings should be saved.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 08-18-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

is there any may to add Mobile No as PPP Username
    & HDR as MEID@othercarrier.com

I am ready to pay for the Solution...
    U can pm me

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by price View Post
    is there any may to add Mobile No as PPP Username
    & HDR as MEID@othercarrier.com

I am ready to pay for the Solution...
    U can pm me
    All you probably have to do use use whiterabbit.org and enter that in there.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thanks for the Info Sir
    I am trying KBmans trick, Hope it works

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

What trick is that?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    What trick is that?

Thanks...
    Need to write this Attached File form CDMA WS

This will turn NV item 8035 to 0 so u can write any username password directly on the phone & it wont Turn back & no need to use white rabbit

Attached file is downloaded from whiterabbit website
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Ahhhh... I should download it and keep it on my computer. Thanks.

I am having trouble with this step...I can not get QPST to detect my phone... I have a droid 3 Please help. I also do not know how to place the phone into Diagnostic mode. I really need some guidance
    16)Open QPST Service Programming
    17) You should see your phone listed in the list. Select it,

Qpst is not working on this Phone well

Try to set it up Via CDMA WS

I have Successfully Got EVDO working with Kb Mans Unlock So we can Write the Username & password directly.
    Though i am not a Cricket User
    Thanks to chrisngrod for Posting this tutorial

having problem sending mms. i can recieve mms pix but not send them. is anyone else having this problem. note* i did not root my phone.

Overall activity: 2.0%

I am having trouble with getting mms to work. When I go into APN shortcut it has a list of locked APN's inwhich I cannot edit. I have to create a new APN. I put all the info in that you mentioned up top, but have had no success. Are there any other ways to get mms working on this phone???

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Just flashed my first droid 3 today, all went well. I used CDMA WS 3.6 (those who have 3.4.5 or greater should have the same luck) to write NAM/EVDO and write NV items, and used the GoSMS universal solution for MMS. Set up on the $55 android plan and it works like a charm!

A step by step doc would be helpful...

no inernet

Howdy all i followed the posted video and instructions but i have only managed to get voice and sms in and out but no mms or internet either way. Also i do not get the 3g logo for connection and when i got to phone setting it shows 1x not evdo any ideas where i might have screwed up....im thinking about starting all over again

Any and all help will be much appreiated

ok so i have re-ran the sequences multiple time now and this is the only error I keep getting it says the nv items are read only also the phone is not restarting when it should I have had to do it manually ...please help me out here before my wife kills me

nv-items-read-only.jpg

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information