Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61
    Nerd
    Points: 7,882, Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Dina's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 84
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    824
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado



    Quote Originally Posted by jnybvo View Post
    Hello,
    I got as far as sending the MIN and MDN to the phone.
    I received texts from Cricket at that point.
    I tried to connect QPST but it would not recognize any devices.
    I closed out everything, opened HW VSP and started a different COM connection.
    QPST still had the same issue.
    I opened CMDA WS and connected.
    CMDA WS will not read or write anything from the phone.
    The status at the bottom says: Failed... Phone does not answer.
    The voice says I don't have any money in the account, something along those lines.
    The sms works.
    I'm not sure what is going on, everything was going smoothly.
    Please assist me! Thank you

    ---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------



    Reset everything and the QPST worked. Error pops up at the end with NV Write but from what I took from a previous post, this isn't a problem.

    I'm not able to call *228 as it goes to Verizon Activation instead of the tower update, anyone know how to do that? It says I'm roaming when I make calls and my "flex bucket" is empty.

    1) Where are you located (city and state)?
    2) What prl are you using?
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #62
    Junior Member
    Points: 159, Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5



    Hi, I thought I'd get an e-mail if someone replied but I came back and noticed you your reply. Thank you for responding, the issue was my PRL. The only issue I am still having is the APN. The phone is rooted, superuser installed. In APN Shortcut, I have Verizon CBS, FOTA, IMS, Internet. There is a lock to the left of each selection. Within each, every box is greyed out and uneditable aside from the last which is APN protocol, options IPv4, IPv6, IPv4/IPv6. Even when I change this setting, the selection returns to IPv4.

    Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile networks>"Access point names" is greyed out as well as "Select network" and "Operator selection" under the heading "GSM/UMTS settings."

    Not sure why it's locked, any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    1) Where are you located (city and state)?
    2) What prl are you using?

  4. #63
    Nerd
    Points: 7,882, Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Dina's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 84
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    824
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado



    Quote Originally Posted by jnybvo View Post
    Hi, I thought I'd get an e-mail if someone replied but I came back and noticed you your reply. Thank you for responding, the issue was my PRL. The only issue I am still having is the APN. The phone is rooted, superuser installed. In APN Shortcut, I have Verizon CBS, FOTA, IMS, Internet. There is a lock to the left of each selection. Within each, every box is greyed out and uneditable aside from the last which is APN protocol, options IPv4, IPv6, IPv4/IPv6. Even when I change this setting, the selection returns to IPv4.



    Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile networks>"Access point names" is greyed out as well as "Select network" and "Operator selection" under the heading "GSM/UMTS settings."

    Not sure why it's locked, any ideas?
    Use APN backup and restore to delete apns. Then load new ones. You can also create one, give it a name, and type (whatever you want), and make sure MMSC says
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms


    .
    Save it and enable. Should be good to go after that. And NO, no proxy and ports are needed. Just MMSC

    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

  5. #64
    Junior Member
    Points: 159, Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5



    Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Use APN backup and restore to delete apns. Then load new ones. You can also create one, give it a name, and type (whatever you want), and make sure MMSC says
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms


    .
    Save it and enable. Should be good to go after that. And NO, no proxy and ports are needed. Just MMSC
    Thank you! So, double checked all APN settings as instructed. Reset the phone because of an error message when attempting to send an mms, can't remember word for word but it said to check or enable the APN in settings. After the reset it allows an mms to be sent (as it did before with the incorrect verizon apn) but does not deliver the message, message details says "Cause code: Message delivery failed or message recipt failed." I triple checked all steps of the APN instructions.


  6. #65
    Banned
    Points: 997, Level: 16
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post.

    up front.. I'm on the stock GB with full flash 3G mms sending and receiving on $50 plan

    Also, no need to set the "SMS/MMS settings" under ##Program. I currently have "mdn@pix.vtext.com" (stock) for MML Server Name and Address for Upload is set to 438749 (stock)... and my MMS works just fine. The trick is all in the APN and here's how:

    Install APN Backup and Restore and delete all APN's
    Use any APN ShortCut and create a new APN as follows:

    Name: Verizon Internet
    APN: VZWINTERNET
    Proxy: <Not Set>
    Port: 8080
    Username: 10DigitNumber@mycricket.com
    Password: Cricket
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mm...=10DigitNumber



    MMS Proxy: <Not Set>
    MMS Port: <Not Set>
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 004
    Authentication Type: <Not Set>
    APN Type: default,mms
    APN protocol: IPv4

    Reboot

    Note that "APN: VZWINTERNET" is set this way to match the buildProp file.

    Good luck


  7. #66
    Junior Member
    Points: 159, Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5



    Quote Originally Posted by tieman123 View Post
    up front.. I'm on the stock GB with full flash 3G mms sending and receiving on $50 plan

    Also, no need to set the "SMS/MMS settings" under ##Program. I currently have "mdn@pix.vtext.com" (stock) for MML Server Name and Address for Upload is set to 438749 (stock)... and my MMS works just fine. The trick is all in the APN and here's how:

    Install APN Backup and Restore and delete all APN's
    Use any APN ShortCut and create a new APN as follows:

    Name: Verizon Internet
    APN: VZWINTERNET
    Proxy: <Not Set>
    Port: 8080
    Username: 10DigitNumber@mycricket.com
    Password: Cricket
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mm...=10DigitNumber



    MMS Proxy: <Not Set>
    MMS Port: <Not Set>
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 004
    Authentication Type: <Not Set>
    APN Type: default,mms
    APN protocol: IPv4

    Reboot

    Note that "APN: VZWINTERNET" is set this way to match the buildProp file.

    Good luck
    Awesome, you know your stuff! It seems picture messages send, but I noticed a new flaw which probably existed before the fix: When I send multi-page text messages, the phone receives a "not sent" message and the recipient gets a string of illegible characters and symbols. I am currently looking to see if the phone can split up the message into multiple single-page messages but don't see it yet.

    If I decide to safestrap cyanogenmod to this device, will I have to redo the APN or will the phone use these files?


  8. #67
    Junior Member
    Points: 159, Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5



    I followed all the instructions, pretty simple stuff. I'm still having issues sending multiple recipient messages and also sending multi-page messages. I am at a loss

    Quote Originally Posted by tieman123 View Post
    up front.. I'm on the stock GB with full flash 3G mms sending and receiving on $50 plan

    Also, no need to set the "SMS/MMS settings" under ##Program. I currently have "mdn@pix.vtext.com" (stock) for MML Server Name and Address for Upload is set to 438749 (stock)... and my MMS works just fine. The trick is all in the APN and here's how:

    Install APN Backup and Restore and delete all APN's
    Use any APN ShortCut and create a new APN as follows:

    Name: Verizon Internet
    APN: VZWINTERNET
    Proxy: <Not Set>
    Port: 8080
    Username: 10DigitNumber@mycricket.com
    Password: Cricket
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mm...=10DigitNumber



    MMS Proxy: <Not Set>
    MMS Port: <Not Set>
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 004
    Authentication Type: <Not Set>
    APN Type: default,mms
    APN protocol: IPv4

    Reboot

    Note that "APN: VZWINTERNET" is set this way to match the buildProp file.

    Good luck



 

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Tutorial] Full Flash Motorola Droid X2 to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, Internet
    By techdigital in forum Verizon Motorola Droid X2
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 08:33 PM
  2. [Tutorial] Flash MOTOROLA DROID X to Cricket 2.2 Froyo Talk, Text, MMS, Internet
    By Chris Rodriguez in forum Verizon Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 09:25 PM
  3. [Tutorial] Full Flash Verizon Droid Incredible 2 to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, Internet
    By Chris Rodriguez in forum Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 09:21 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 07:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner